Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 9:24:20 PM EDT
Translation please?

was cleaning out my wallet. Before i went to the desert last summer, a friend told me to carry that. Apparently, someone she knew (middle eastern descent) ran a jewelry kiosk in the mall she worked at. He wrote the above on every receipt. When asked, it was supposed to be some sort of blessing or good wishes.

Anyone able ot tell me if tha'ts correct, or an exact translation?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:25:59 PM EDT
[#1]
It roughly translates as: "Durka, Durka....Durka Jihad"
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:30:49 PM EDT
[#2]
It says kill the bearer!!!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:33:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It says kill the bearer!!!!

heheh.... that kind of why i'd like to know what it ACTUALLY says. I've got no way of knowing that it doesn't say "kill this infidel"
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:34:07 PM EDT
[#4]
"I went to the sandbox and all I got was this lousy business card"
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:06:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like ome scribbly shit to me.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:15:29 PM EDT
[#6]
NO B.S.

"In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate."

It's a common prayer, you may have heard it before - phonetically: "B'ism Allah, al Rahman, al Raheem"

Edited to make the real answer stand out from all the jokes.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:16:36 PM EDT
[#7]
It's the Autograph of that wrestler "the iron shiek", Iran number von ! Iran number von!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
NO B.S.

It's a common prayer, you may have heard it before - phonetically: "B'ism Allah, al Rahman, al Raheem"

Yeah think I have heard this blaring from minaret loudspeakers a few times. Our apartment in Riyadh was a block from a mosque - they would wake us up at all hours of the night with that shit.
We had all sorts of elaborate plans to put their loudspeakers out of action...what a pain in the ass they were.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:28:26 PM EDT
[#9]
IIRC, it means "in the name of god, the merciful and the compassionate"

ETA: beat to the punch
im kinda slow after a few drinks tho.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:43:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NO B.S.

Yeah think I have heard this blaring from minaret loudspeakers a few times. Our apartment in Riyadh was a block from a mosque - they would wake us up at all hours of the night with that shit.
We had all sorts of elaborate plans to put their loudspeakers out of action...what a pain in the ass they were.

I spent a month in Jordan and was used to it after the first week. We were within earshot of two mosques and I swear they were trying to outdo each other.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:45:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I spent a month in Jordan and was used to it after the first week. We were within earshot of two mosques and I swear they were trying to outdo each other.

"Dueling Minarets"(instead of "Dueling Banjos")...there's a satirical spoof short film waiting to be made...

I know what you mean...I can hear them firing up 3 - 5 seconds apart all over the part of Kuwait City that I live in...and it does indeed seem like they're all trying to wail louder than each other...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top