Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 9:21:57 PM EDT
Do you ever feel like, you go somewhere and don't have enough ammo with you?  I went to the infamous zoo aka Wal-mart.  It was a freaking zoo in there,  and that damned little old lady told me to have a good day on my way out.  Every register in the building was lined up for miles with the exception of one. Sporting goods walking into Wal-mart on the day after christmas and getting back out again in ten minutes was priceless.  However I had my G19 and 5 mags plus one in the pipe and I still felt undergunned.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:23:00 PM EDT
[#1]
next time, walk into wal-mart with your AR and at least 3 beta mags.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:40:36 PM EDT
[#2]
all the time

at public places, you will never have enough ammo if EVERYONE goes against you
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I usually carry 10+1 plus a spare 10 round mag.

I figure it this way... In almost any situation you can think up 99.9% of the time that 21 rounds should be MORE than enough.  Hell from all the reports I've ever seen many times just SHOWING your firearm is enough to end the threat.  If it goes beyond that and 21 rounds doesn't end it, chances are another 10, 20 or 30 rounds of pistol ammo wouldn't either (you'd need a rifle at that point).

As for a building full of sheeple, hell the mere MENTION of a gun would most likely cause a stampede toward the exits, not toward you.

Just my 0.02 cents.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:53:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do you ever feel like, you go somewhere and don't have enough ammo with you?  I went to the infamous zoo aka Wal-mart.  It was a freaking zoo in there,  and that damned little old lady told me to have a good day on my way out.  Every register in the building was lined up for miles with the exception of one. Sporting goods walking into Wal-mart on the day after christmas and getting back out again in ten minutes was priceless.  However I had my G19 and 5 mags plus one in the pipe and I still felt undergunned.

A trusted associate of mine always laughed at the fact that I thought he should carry more then 7 rounds for his CCW (a 1911).  He figures that if you need more then 7 rounds of .45 you need to bust out something fired from the shoulder. I agreed with him. That said, I still carry three 15 round mags with my ccw.

-Ben
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:54:16 PM EDT
[#5]
5 mags?    Damn!  I carry a Glock 23 with 13+1 and sometimes (rarly) another mag.  But, more power to ya.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#6]
If your in walmart all you have to do is fight your way to the sporting goods counter right ?

I usually just have 10+1 in my .45 or 5 + 5 on a speedloader for my .38.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:08:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Just think...if they all suddenly turned to zombies...

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
5 mags?    Damn!  I carry a Glock 23 with 13+1 and sometimes (rarly) another mag.  But, more power to ya.

+1

I usually leave my spare mag in the truck, and only carry it with me occasionally
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:31:33 PM EDT
[#9]
5 Mags?  I got enough stuff in my pants as it is.  Any heavier and I'll need to wear steel toes in case I slip taking them off.

I got extra mags/gun/ammo/whatnot available, but God forbid that I walk into a situation where what is on my hip ain't enough.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
However I had my G19 and 5 mags plus one in the pipe and I still felt undergunned.

Expecting to piss everyone off?

That's a lot of ammo, where'd you pack it all?  Dont tell me you cheeked one or two, that's TMI......
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
However I had my G19 and 5 mags plus one in the pipe and I still felt undergunned.

Expecting to piss everyone off?

That's a lot of ammo, where'd you pack it all?  Dont tell me you cheeked one or two, that's TMI......

One in the gun, two in a mag carrier, one in the coat pocket and one in my pants pocket.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:50:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Shit.  I don't carry 5 mags with me to the range...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:14:46 PM EDT
[#13]
C&C is illegal in my state..good ol' Wisconsin.  So ill be moving to texas as soon as i get out of my parents house hehe.(actually ill be moving to wherever the Marine Corp sends me but i can hope)
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:20:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Shit.  I don't carry 5 mags with me to the range...

well shit at the range you only have one target to shoot at.  When u pack a bunch of crazy old ladies into a store full of sales, things get ugly..QUICK.., u could find yourself with 30+ targets in no time. ;)
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:23:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
C&C is illegal in my state..good ol' Wisconsin.  So ill be moving to texas as soon as i get out of my parents house hehe.(actually ill be moving to wherever the Marine Corp sends me but i can hope)

We'll be glad to have ya. Welcome to the board
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:30:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I normally only carry one reload, sometimes two...but I guess that's a lot more than some people who've replied here.

You all should carry at least one spare mag. Remember: one is none, two is one.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:34:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't like carrying spare mags since it takes up way to much pocket room, but occasionally I will carry a kel tec .32 in addition to my carry peice.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:59:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Shit, if being under ammoed is your primary concern than CCW a FiveseveN.  61 rounds in 3 magazines.  Dead sexy if you live in a free state.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:02:12 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
all the time

at public places, you will never have enough ammo if EVERYONE goes against you

Everyone IS against you.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:42:32 AM EDT
[#20]
99.9% of gun fights are less than 21 feet and 3 rounds shot.  

Bob
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:07:01 AM EDT
[#21]
I carry a 1911 with two spare mags, so 7+1, 7, 7.  I figure 22 rounds is at least enough to get me to my car if all hell breaks loose.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:49:50 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Bob

99.9% of people that carry, will never have to pull.  We are being prepared for the unlikely but possible in carrying, why not prepare just a little more.  I carry a glock22 with 2 xtra mags so 46 rounds total of Ranger 155 grn
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:57:43 AM EDT
[#23]
You also have to figure that 70 % of the people at WalMart
are to fat to catch up to you on foot ,and 25% are so fat that
the bottom of their shopping scooter scrapes the floor ,acting
as a brake and slowing them down.

If all else fails,open a bag of Cheetos and throw it on the floor.
They'll never get passed it without dismounting their scooters
and getting face down on the mess.

Just be able to outrun them,outsmart the really stupid,and try
not to piss off what's left until less than 20 people are left to worry about.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:00:16 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
You also have to figure that 70 % of the people at WalMart
are to fat to catch up to you on foot ,and 25% are so fat that
the bottom of their shopping scooter scrapes the floor ,acting
as a brake and slowing them down.

If all else fails,open a bag of Cheetos and throw it on the floor.
They'll never get passed it without dismounting their scooters
and getting face down on the mess.

Just be able to outrun them,outsmart the really stupid,and try
not to piss off what's left until less than 20 people are left to worry about.

Fat stupid people can pull triggers to.  Our only choice as a responsible armed society is to be armed, with plenty of ammo for RELIABLE weapons and train like were leading Seal team 4 into Iran tommorrow.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:43:52 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I usually leave my spare mag in the truck, and only carry it with me occasionally

I hope you never get a magazine related malfunction at the worst time,and have no spare mag to use...rare, but it happens. Just as rare as having to draw that gun.

I figure that if you need more than one mag, you need a rifle, but since you don't have the rifle, more mags will just have to do. At least til you can fight your way to a rifle (or out of the situation).
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:50:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Buy your ammo at Walmart and then you will have a few WWB ready to go back into those five magazines.  Only thing you need to remember is this; piss off the crowd after you shopped the sporting good area.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:32:27 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Bob

I think you mean the AVERAGE.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:55:50 AM EDT
[#28]

Usually just 8+1 in my 1911 for me.  If I am heading somewhere with a higher likelihood of danger, such as a crowded mall or something, I'll carry two spare mags - total of 25 rnds.

In my vehicle I keep the 1911 in my center console, with two spare mags in a pouch in the driver's side door slot.  I can access them with my left hand while driving, and if I get out of the vehicle I can take the mag pouch with me.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:10:16 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I usually carry 10+1 plus a spare 10 round mag.

I figure it this way... In almost any situation you can think up 99.9% of the time that 21 rounds should be MORE than enough.  Hell from all the reports I've ever seen many times just SHOWING your firearm is enough to end the threat.  If it goes beyond that and 21 rounds doesn't end it, chances are another 10, 20 or 30 rounds of pistol ammo wouldn't either (you'd need a rifle at that point).

As for a building full of sheeple, hell the mere MENTION of a gun would most likely cause a stampede toward the exits, not toward you.

Just my 0.02 cents.

The stats I have read put it at just over 90% of the time.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:16:18 AM EDT
[#30]
I always have a spare mag. 8+1 in the .45 and another 8 on the hip makes me feel OK. I think, since I just picked a Wilson 10round at a good price, I may start carrying it as my backup, since I'd get 2 more rounds without and drawbacks that I aware of.

The chances of a mag-related malf are good enough that I will not be caught without a spare mag.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:18:27 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Shame on you for not having your Sig
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:19:51 AM EDT
[#32]
i carry 2 extra mags for my g36 but it's more to balance the load than in expectation of a major firefight! don't do it all the time though. i'm like the friend above, if i can't take care of a situation with what i got in the pistol i took wrong turn into baghdad...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top