Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2005 9:12:41 PM EDT
I dont mean failures like kabooms or slow-burns, but like jamming and FTE's.

for range/target shooting I use this ammo.........

Blazer Brass
Winchester White box value packs
Winchester WinClean.......for indoor

The calibers I have now..............

22lr.
9mm
40s&w
45acp

in some of those calibers like 45acp and 40s&w, they jam all the time.

but when I use personal defense rounds like Hydrashock of SpeerGolddot or even Winchester HP defense,
they dont jam at all.............

is it the grain of the bullets or maybe even the powder they use on those mass produced factory target ammo?

I only shoot out of factory mags, and they dont mess up shooting that expensive ammo but only on target quality stuff.

is there another brand of target/range that I should use?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:13:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Its your guns.  Mine eat everything.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Yep, All of mine will eat anything I put in them like a crack baby on halloween. I really didn't know some firearms were so prone to FTF, FTE, etc until I started reading posts on here. Cheap ammo has always worked for me.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like your guns are POS
Get some "real" guns and they'll work perfectly with those ammo.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:28:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Only issues I've had with FTF and FTE's was either me (limp wristing), new gun that hadn't broken in or in the case of my 10/22 that I replaced nearly everything on, the Adams & Bennett barrel had a tight chamber that the stock extractor couldn't reliably pull spent cases from.  Replacing the factory extractor solved that issue.

Oh, and I've come across a few less than stellar mags that needed their lips tweaked a bit to fix a few FTF's, but that's not what I consider the gun's problem.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]
step up tell us what guns that your having problems with
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:38:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, All of mine will eat anything I put in them like a crack baby on halloween. I really didn't know some firearms were so prone to FTF, FTE, etc until I started reading posts on here. Cheap ammo has always worked for me.  

+1

double posted in HG forum too
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:40:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't know they were prone to failure.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:45:23 PM EDT
[#8]
They do need to be cleaned every now and then
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:47:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Awfully quick to blame the ammo aren't you?

I have no problems with wwb at all, or winclean.

Maybe you should stop shooting hi-points.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:47:40 PM EDT
[#10]
He is probably shooting Ravens and Lorcins and wondering why there are so many problems.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:48:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I get just about all of my ammo (aside from serious training and carry, of course)  from THIS guy as he's about 10 minutes from my house.  Every bit as reliable as the "top shelf" ammo from the big brands.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Clean your guns once in awhile
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#13]
My Glock 19 has had over 700 rounds of white box and some UMC and nary a hitch.-
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#14]
It the guns stupid. (Not an insult, just a play on that saying, it's the economy stupid! )
If your gun cant swallow all ammo that may be  a little "funky" excluding dents, severe corrosion or tarnish, then it aint a real gun! It's a puss-a-fuss Americanski POS! For "real work" as opposed to paper puching at the range I use only AK & Glock, you know like the terrorists in counterstrike! Both have failures  about .1% of the time, meaning only 1 in about 1000 (or less) rounds will FTF, SP ETC. And my AK can swallow all old crap mil-surp i dig up. If you want accuracy go with a bolt action, They hardly fail if ever. Their problem is a stuck bolt as opposed to extraction or ejection issues.
Then again if you become really good at tinkering your guns ANY gun can be tricked out to be really reliable if you want it to be.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#15]
You are a limp wristed sissy, you have not cleaned or oiled a gun ever, you are a lousy shot, you have shitty guns and you have the wrong type of bullet for the gun you are trying to shoot. It could be anything, without more useful information.  What gun? What bullet?

When you say,"target ammo" do you mean cheap shit for practice or target ammo as in semi-wadcutter style bullet?  It 45acp, 185gr semi-wad is very short and has a steep shoulder, if your gun is not throated correctly it will not feed, if you have a full power recoil spring it may not drive the slide back enough for proper ejection.

Standard velocity 22's may not function some 22 pistols.  Most white box ammo has worked fine for me. I shoot one or twice a week and have a couple of jams of all kinds per year.  Make sure you are shooting round nose jacketed bullets only in center fire calibers, see if that helps.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:15:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Limp wristing is my guess
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Cause PX4's suck?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I dont mean failures like kabooms or slow-burns, but like jamming and FTE's.

for range/target shooting I use this ammo.........

Blazer Brass
Winchester White box value packs
Winchester WinClean.......for indoor

The calibers I have now..............

22lr.
9mm
40s&w
45acp

in some of those calibers like 45acp and 40s&w, they jam all the time.

but when I use personal defense rounds like Hydrashock of SpeerGolddot or even Winchester HP defense,
they dont jam at all.............

is it the grain of the bullets or maybe even the powder they use on those mass produced factory target ammo?

I only shoot out of factory mags, and they dont mess up shooting that expensive ammo but only on target quality stuff.

is there another brand of target/range that I should use?

It looks like your guns are giving you those problems.
If high quality ammo does NOT jam in your guns, and cheaper
ammo DOES, then your guns are rather suspect.
Tell us what those guns are.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top