Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/26/2005 3:19:37 PM EDT
Spend more time exercising, less time on ar15.com. This program should last about 1 week. ReallyI am setting a few goals that I have to do BEFORE I log onto ar15.com and also I have to do 10 pushups or 30 setups every time that I post. Now I got to drop to the floor and give 10.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:22:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Good enough plan to start.

I'd actually reccomend ya just do 45 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week, and,

after, or before doing so, do three sets of however many you can do pushups, and, the
same for crunches/situps.

Just do that 3-4 times a week, and, you'll be surprised the difference you'll see in a pretty
shor time.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#2]
It starts next week. I have a jean size goal.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:25:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Start today, not next week. "Next week" is an excuse (sorry). Move more and eat less. Fewer carbs, more protein, take the stairs, use a treadmill. Do 30 minutes a day and you'll lose weight....
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:29:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Use Cytomel (T3) Carefully- watch the punds melt away
innovative-research.net/aqs.htm

Or you could do like Anna Nicole Smith and use DNP- very dangerous stuff though...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I started today by walking 45 min. and a few floor excercizes. I also will  try to limit myself to no more than 2000 cals a day with trying to burn 2300 cals a day. My motivation is I do not want to look like some of these guys that I see walking around walmart. Also would be nice to look good for a 23 yr old girlfriend but the wife said no to that. Well this is my 3rd post for the night so I got to do ten more pushups.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#6]
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

Quoted:

Or you could do like Anna Nicole Smith and use DNP- very dangerous stuff though...

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Weight Watchers combined with hard PT has helped me lose 40 lbs this year.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:40:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Spend more time exercising, less time on ar15.com. This program should last about 1 week. ReallyI am setting a few goals that I have to do BEFORE I log onto ar15.com and also I have to do 10 pushups or 30 setups every time that I post. Now I got to drop to the floor and give 10.

Buy "Body for Life".  It's a good program, and you eat 6 meals a day and you will have to excerise 6 days a week, but the results are good.  I used this program to drop about 20 lbs. before beginning another training program to whip my butt back into shape for an upcoming PT program.  Also, someone mentioned cardio.  There is also a program out there called the "Couch to 3K" program.  Do a google search.  It's a pretty good program to easing you into a running regimine.

Good luck, hope you are successful.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:44:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Side effects may include death.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:46:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I am actuallyexercising while I am on hear.  I just put the computer next to the bike and surf away.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:47:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Zaphod's plan: Dexatrim and beer.

Will advise!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, he'll definitely lose weight that way.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:20:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You guys are giving him advice on how to LOSE weight.

He said he wanted to loose it.

I guess the weight is too tight.

Whats the matter with you? Loose is conass for lose. Now I have to go do 30 situps.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:25:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I cut back on portion sizes in the last month.  I lost 10 pounds.  I can't even finish a Happy Meal now....
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:01:38 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

Quoted:

T3 is the active thyroid regulatory hormone. Add a little more and it makes your body burn many more calories.

DNP is a nasty chemical that burns fat like it is going out of style. very harsh on the system. Many have said that is what Anna Nicole smith used to get skinny again.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:09:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Okay. I'm stupid.

I don't see ANY of these chemicals in that link.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:10:51 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't believe in the hype of diet pills.

I don't go to the gym to LOSE weight but to strengthen.

If you're really going to commit to it, buy a gym membership.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Okay. I'm stupid.

I don't see ANY of these chemicals in that link.

T3  is second form the bottom on the left

LIOTHYRONINE S ODIUM (T3)  

100MCG/ML - 60ML VIAL  

$40.00  

DNP I do not know where to get
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:19:36 PM EDT
[#21]

THIS PRODUCT IS NOT FOR HUMAN USE

Uhhh........
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:25:58 PM EDT
[#22]
I have to loose weight as well.  I am starting next week.  I have a party this weekend that I really want to enjoy, so I will start Monday.  Basically just changing eating habits and exercising at least 3 times per week.  My blood pressure has trended up the past several months, and the time has come to do something about it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:56:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

It says "not for human use".  Is that just a CYA move on their part? Have you used it? If so, what dosage(s)?  What happens when you stop using it? Does your body have a yo-yo effect?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#24]
My advice for losing weight is to jog one day, bike the next, and repeat until you have the desired results...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I don't believe in the hype of diet pills.

I don't go to the gym to LOSE weight but to strengthen.

If you're really going to commit to it, buy a gym membership.

And actually go to the gym and actually exercise.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#26]
how bout eating less and exercising?    
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

That's my plan as well.

I'll start tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:15:12 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I'm trying to gain weight.  I eat like a pig & nothing happens.      

I'm way too skinny.  

Eat more and surf Arfcom more.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Weight Watchers doing it for ya, it seems!  Good job!  I am starting that first of January, courtesy of my employer!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#31]
I've lost 60 pounds since January, just by:

1) Cutting out refined foods to a minimum. No white bread, or anything with flour in it. No High Fructose Corn Syrup or Hydrogenated bullshit. Replace the white bread and flour things with whole grains.

2) No sodas. Lately I've been getting weak, so I've let myself have a diet Dr. Pepper or Coke every few days.

3) Eat smaller portions, but more often throughout the day. I try to eat 300 calories every 3 hours. I think this helps keep your metabolism high throughout the day.

Oh, and I haven't exercised regularly during this period. Simply changed my dietary habits.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I'm way too skinny.  

Shaddup!!!

/jk
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:32:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

2) No sodas. Lately I've been getting weak, so I've let myself have a diet Dr. Pepper or Coke every few days.

+1...That will really help. And while excercising, I drink Gatorade. Otherwise I only have juice...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Nahhhhhhhhhhh... Yes, it is PROVEN to work but that is old school... Need new modern yuppity shit because what you are suggesting takes too long and less risky.

I guess your suggestion is the 1911 of the health world!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Funny thing is that I'm going on Atkins tomorrow out of necessity. Since I'm going to be moving soon, I need to empty out my freezer, which my dad just stocked for me with a huge order from Omaha Steaks. I also have a ton of cheese and diet sodas laying around.

May as well. Beats going to the grocery.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

1) Cutting out refined foods to a minimum. No white bread, or anything with flour in it. No High Fructose Corn Syrup or Hydrogenated bullshit. Replace the white bread and flour things with whole grains.

3) Eat smaller portions, but more often throughout the day. I try to eat 300 calories every 3 hours. I think this helps keep your metabolism high throughout the day.

Oh, and I haven't exercised regularly during this period. Simply changed my dietary habits.

I have kept my weight down following a similiar plan, except for the sodas.  I usually drink at least one diet pepsi every day.  Are diet sodas no good either?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:59:06 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nahhhhhhhhhhh... Yes, it is PROVEN to work but that is old school... Need new modern yuppity shit because what you are suggesting takes too long and less risky.

That's how I lost 80 pounds to get into the Army.

People were just stunned that saw me only before/after.....

"Wow!  How'd you do it?!"

"Ate less and execised more."

Oh, the dissappointment.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I'm way too skinny.  

Just curious how old you are.  I was the same way until about 28 or so.  Then I had to really start waching what I ate.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Weight Watchers doing it for ya, it seems!  Good job!  I am starting that first of January, courtesy of my employer!

I did it at one point in my life.

I've got no prayer of weighing everything I eat and going to meetings now, though.

But, if it works, that's the most important thing.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#40]
What I used to do was set my watch timer to 10 minutes.  Every time it went off I would do 10 pushups or situps.  I increased it as I got better and was doing 20/20 when I stopped.  Passed my Department PT test with ease.  Seeing how much time I can spend on ARFCOM it was alot of pushups!

-K
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:14:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have kept my weight down following a similiar plan, except for the sodas.  I usually drink at least one diet pepsi every day.  Are diet sodas no good either?

I don't know. My weight plateau'ed (sp?) before I started drinking the diet drinks. Before that it was all water and milk. I'm not a nutritionist by any definition. I just took the advice of my Air Force Recruiter (cut the cals, spread out meals), and threw in some other things that I had read from various sources. I wouldn't imagine that the occasional diet coke would matter much. I don't know about everyday though.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:23:15 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, the dissappointment.

That's pretty much my situation, except I'm trying to go Air Force. People are always suprised when they hear about my weight loss, they always ask me what fad diet I did. They're usually suprised when I tell them to just count calories and spread out meals.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:44:21 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

/tinfoil Diet sodas are fine as long as you don't mind the cancer. /tinfoil
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:51:44 AM EDT
[#45]
The concept of weight loss is actually VERY simple.  It comes down to sheer will power to do what you need to do.  I'm no Einstein by any means, but it's simple math

Less intake/more output   Your body needs to use more calories (excersise) than what your intake is (Eating).  If you take in more calories than what your body uses it stores it (Fat)

If you are really serious about losing weight do the following:

1.  Go to a bookstore and buy a Calorie, Fat and Carbohydrate Counter book.  I bought  this one here.
    2.  Get a notebook, and write down EVERYTHING you put in your mouth, gum, mint, anything with caloric intake.  Then look these items up in this book and write down the corresponding calories associated with that food(Thats all i worried about was calories.  Didn't count fat or carbs.
    3.  Once all are added up, you need to keep your daily calorie intake at or under 2000.  Ideally 1500 if you can.  (This log is the most important thing to do.  You would be suprised how quick a cookie here and a handful of chips there adds up.  And by writing it down it keeps you honest to yourself.  When you actually think "man is that snickers bar worth the 240 calories???"  Then you just go without.
    4.  Excersice-You don't have to go all Billy Blanks or anyhting, just walking on a treadmill, stairclimber, light weight lifting.  Just something to burn some calories.

DO THIS FOR ONE MONTH AND I GUARANTEE YOU WILL LOOSE WEIGHT!!  Then once you see the results, it even gets you more motivated to continue.  To achieve this low calorie intake, I ate a hell of a lot of Healthy Choice, Lean cuisine & smart ones meals.  It's sad, I think i actually acquired a taste for them.  You will learn which ones you like and which ones you don't of a particular brand.

On January 1  2004  I weighed 356lbs. I did the above (after talking with my physician) and I was 244 lbs when I was weighed in for my back surgery mid November 2004.  I lost 115 lbs.  It can be done if you have the will power.  I unfortunately have fell off the wagon since my back surgery.  I was unable to excersice, and all I did and could do was lay around.  With that comes boredom, which results in eating.  I am now back up to 280, but I refuse to let myself return to my previous state.  I was really close to my goal weight of 225, and come this January 1, and I going to bust my ass to get back down and hopefully to 225.  I have to, and you can too.  I wish you all good luck, and Happy New Year...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:57:54 AM EDT
[#46]
I've been working harder the last two weeks, jogged about six times in the last 10 days.  Yesterday's run was a lot better than it's been in a while.  I want to start a new HSLD job in May, hopefully by then my body will be up to the test.

A great way to lose weight fast I found is to go on a hiking excursion.  I hiked in Virginia with my brother for 9 days last month, and lost eight pounds in that time.  Not only that, but I cut my two mile run time down from 17:30 right before leaving to a 15:45 the week after returning.

It isn't fun all the time, but the constant exercise all day long is very good for you.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, the dissappointment.

I know what you mean... "Oh you mean I have to WORK for it?" DAMN!!!

I was thinking of a new type of weight loss pill... its actually two pills. One with Tapeworm larvae. you take that... get to the weight you want then take the second pill that kills tapeworm... VERY simple if you ask me.

The excercise/eat right plan was easy for me when I was single living at home with mom and dad. I had my two best friends move out of state and was in a long distance relationship so basically I had not much to do but work, come home and do nothing. So I went to the gym a lot.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:51:14 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, the dissappointment.

I know what you mean... "Oh you mean I have to WORK for it?" DAMN!!!

I was thinking of a new type of weight loss pill... its actually two pills. One with Tapeworm larvae. you take that... get to the weight you want then take the second pill that kills tapeworm... VERY simple if you ask me.

The excercise/eat right plan was easy for me when I was single living at home with mom and dad. I had my two best friends move out of state and was in a long distance relationship so basically I had not much to do but work, come home and do nothing. So I went to the gym a lot.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force beat you to it.  Called the South Bronx Parasite diet.

But seriously, weight loss is simple.  Burn more calories than you take in.  That's it.  No magic pills, no special foods.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apparently retardation as well.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apparently retardation as well.

I'm pretty sure she was retarded before that........
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top