User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/26/2005 11:39:58 AM EDT
L.A.P.D. To Go for Gold in Gay Games
Chicago Tribune (KRT)
via NewsEdge Corporation

Dec. 23--The Los Angeles Police Department has become the first major law-enforcement sponsor of next July's Gay Games in Chicago and will allow officers to march in uniform during the games' opening ceremony, the department said Thursday.

Gay Games VII, which will take place in Chicago from July 15 to July 22 next year, are sporting events for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender athletes.

The Los Angeles department also will recruit new officers at the games, the first time the department has recruited outside Southern California in four years and the first time in recent memory that it has recruited in Chicago, said Officer Michael Jolicoeur, who oversees the department's gay and lesbian recruitment. They actually have their own "gay and lesbian" recruiting detail!

At least 12 Los Angeles officers have signed up to compete in the games and plan on wearing their police uniforms during the event's opening ceremony, scheduled for July 15 at Soldier Field, Jolicoeur said.

The ability to march in official uniforms was approved by Police Chief William J. Bratton, Jolicoeur said.

Similar administrative approval would need to be granted if a Chicago officer wanted to march in uniform, said Monique Bond, a spokeswoman for the Chicago Police Department.

Bond said Thursday night that she did not know if any Chicago officers had applied for such approval. She added that she knew of no special recruiting drive to take place during the games either.

Hey LAPD, here's a clue.  not too far down the I-5 freeway is this place called Camp Pendelton.  At this place you will find thousands of soon to be unemployed 22 year olds who have clean backgrounds, dont use drugs, are healthy and in shape and will excell in your academy. they come in both genders and all availble colors and varied geographic locations, thus meeting your goal of a "diverse" workplace.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:41:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd work for the LAPD.  If I never had to go to commiefornia
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:43:30 AM EDT
[#2]
LAPD was once one of the best of the best police departments.

What a shame that it has sunk to these depths.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Its all about "building bridges" with the community and other community policing BS
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#4]
SFPD actively recruits gays and lesbians. They had a booth up a couple of years ago asking specifically for gays, which from what I understand is illegal. Perhaps LAPD is feeling pressure to "diverify?"
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:51:42 AM EDT
[#5]
So Bratton thinks the soultion to LA's crime problems is somehow gay guys from Chicago?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
So Bratton thinks the soultion to LA's crime problems is somehow gay guys people from Chicago?

Some of the butch lesbians I have encountered where pretty damn scary
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:56:34 AM EDT
[#7]
probably couldn't wear their uniform in a Christmas parade though, IT'S CALI, WOULD YOU EXPECT ANYTHING LESS?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#8]
What kind of games do gay cops play?  Taco eating, hand loading?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:01:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Kuff and Stuff,   pole vault,   neil and bob sleding, pitch and catch. beaver skining, pig n' a poke ,  cross kuntry skiing,  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#10]
<scarey thought of the day>So, in other words, when a gay L.A. cop tells a suspect to turn around so he can be arrested then the suspect shouldn't be to surprised if he feels something else besides handcuffs somewhere around the area of his 4th point of contact when his detainment begins?</scarey thought of the day>
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:16:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#12]

The Los Angeles Police Department has become the first major law-enforcement sponsor of next July's Gay Games in Chicago and will allow officers to march in uniform during the games' opening ceremony....

I REALLY want to make some comments.............but I'll be nice today............
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I can see this turning out bad,I wonder how many sexual harrassment lawsuits will be filed against touchy feely faggot cops when they frisk suspects?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#14]
what s wrong are you under a GAG order?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:22:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm running like hell the next time I see a cop pull out his night stick!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I guess you don't have to be a pretty women to get out of a ticket anymore , just wink at them, it's worth a try?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I always wondered about ponch and john, but  they were highway patrol, so I guess they were straight.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:37:28 PM EDT
[#19]
i have no problem with gay people.  Live and let live.  However, the gay agenda is being promoted everywhere you look.  I had the misfortune to be stuck in front of a TV at my gym that had some MTV dating show own.  It was very fem gay guy after guy.  If they're only 6% of the population, why are they everywhere in the media?  I'll tell you why, they want to convert the kids into thinking "everybody does it".

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:37:53 PM EDT
[#20]
The military has a "Don't ask don't tell" rule, why can't Law Enforcement damnit!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Now I know why Rodney King resisted, and I don't blame him!  could have been a gang bang  uhh!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#22]
So are they going to allow gay cops to search straight men? I have an issue with that.

They dont let men search women and I dont think homocops should be able to search their own gender for the same reasons.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:43:01 PM EDT
[#23]
I think Tinkie Winkie is a Sargent at Rampart
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:43:34 PM EDT
[#24]
In before the Gay LEO Apologists.....

"HAAAY Girlfriend!! Place your arms out, palms facing up..........turn until I tell you too stop...........Ummmm...umm girl!  thats SUPER!!.......Bend over at the waist with your fingers spread apart.............oh yeah thats HAWT Girl!!!"

..............I'll leave the cuffing procedure out....lets just say it involves joint manipulation, anal rape, and peanut butter.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
i have no problem with gay people.  Live and let live.  However, the gay agenda is being promoted everywhere you look.  I had the misfortune to be stuck in front of a TV at my gym that had some MTV dating show own.  It was very fem gay guy after guy.  If they're only 6% of the population, why are they everywhere in the media?  I'll tell you why, they want to convert the kids into thinking "everybody does it".

Semper Fi

They are not 6% of the population.  They are more like 1%.  Higher percentages are lies put out by the liberals.

But percentages do not matter.

Some small percent of the population are necrophilliacs, people that only like to have sex with dead bodies.

Therefore, should the police (or any other employer) set up booths to recruit necrophilliacs?

The answer is No.

People that are part of a small percentage of the population that practice abnormal sexual practices have no place on police departments.  Saying that they do is just insanity.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:48:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Its the New more SENSITIVE  LAPD
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Like                                                                                                                                                          A                                                                                                                                                               Poopie                                                                                                                                                       Dick
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:49:32 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't think I can find the words to express how appalled I am.

At the responses to this thread.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Then join in, and don't worry about expressing your appaulation, you never know, if  a higher up at the L.A.P.D. see's that they have made the department a laughing stock, and that they are at risk of losing all of the respect they ever had, maybe they will change their way's, don't you know a real Compton Gangsta' would love to get a shot at a Queer cop. I expect that 99.99% of the LAPD are straight, good, honest  Officers, but this gives the whole Dept. a bad name, Dikes have been the norm at LEA's for years, but queer male cops, that is over the top. I really couldn't  imagine that a male homo cop would last very long, if he was openly gay. Even in California, I see someone getting rich in a law suit thats for sure.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#30]
I dont know,ever since I heard about the gay professional soccer player that led the charge against the islamofacist on that airplane on 9/11,I have changed my views on gays somewhat.While I am still against gay marriage,I see no need to make gay people be second class citizens.I think that kacer,stoner student and pieceofstink are respected members on this board,and no matter what our feelings on gays we can have discourse with out being hatefull
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I dont know,ever since I heard about the gay professional soccer player that led the charge against the islamofacist on that airplane on 9/11,I have changed my views on gays somewhat.While I am still against gay marriage,I see no need to make gay people be second class citizens.I think that kacer,stoner student and pieceofstink are respected members on this board,and no matter what our feelings on gays we can have discourse with out being hatefull

I fully agree.

I feel sure that if you IM Stoner, he will tell you that he and I have had several courteous conservations and that I have never been rude to him.  But he would also tell you that I have been clear that I believe that a practicing homosexual is not "normal".

I don't believe that homosexual people ought to be mistreated.  But they should not receive special status either.

Homosexuality is not "normal" behavior.  It is abnormal.  Society has no obligation to give it special status.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Sounds like they're trying to recruit cops that are even more liberal and even more Democrat than the ones they already have.  If that's your goal, I can't imagine a better place to do your recruiting.z
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
So Bratton thinks the soultion to LA's crime problems is somehow gay guys people from Chicago?

Some of the butch lesbians I have encountered where pretty damn scary

Were where they?

The wife of a guy I used to work with about 10 years ago owned a bar/pool hall that was a popular gay hangout. We would go all the time after work and drink free beer and play in the weekly pool tournaments. A few of the regulars were the short-haired,  flannel wearing, chained wallet bull types and a few were into Harleys and would drive up with their "bitch" on the back all decked out in leathers   These ladies were pretty damn tough.

I was there for the free beer and free pool only by the way.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:05:37 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Semper Fi

They are not 6% of the population.  They are more like 1%.  Higher percentages are lies put out by the liberals.

But percentages do not matter.

Some small percent of the population are necrophilliacs, people that only like to have sex with dead bodies.

Therefore, should the police (or any other employer) set up booths to recruit necrophilliacs?

The answer is No.

People that are part of a small percentage of the population that practice abnormal sexual practices have no place on police departments.  Saying that they do is just insanity.

Well put OP. Its all about lobby on the Hill.
Barney Frank has got to be thrilled about this.
Boston PD should be next

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:12:21 PM EDT
[#36]
There's nothing wrong with having a gay person on a police force, as long as they can do the job, and as long as their gayness was not a factor in hiring them.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:17:15 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I fully agree.

I feel sure that if you IM Stoner, he will tell you that he and I have had several courteous conservations and that I have never been rude to him.  But he would also tell you that I have been clear that I believe that a practicing homosexual is not "normal".

I don't believe that homosexual people ought to be mistreated.  But they should not receive special status either.

Homosexuality is not "normal" behavior.  It is abnormal.  Society has no obligation to give it special status.

I feel that gays/lesbians should be treated the same as the rest of us. Don't mistreat them.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
There's nothing wrong with having a gay person on a police force, as long as they can do the job, and as long as their gayness was not a factor in hiring them.

Correct.  What box does the gay officer check when
for health benefits? Single, Married? More recognition for this lifestyle will open a major can of worms.
Also, another bracket for Affirmative Action is always good too
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Pandering to the minorities once again. "Look how gloriously open-minded and fair we are at the LAPD. Please bend over so we can kiss your gay asses". The same as it ever was.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:23:48 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't have any issues with ANYONE doing a particular job...

IF

They are a citizen or legal resident,

they can pass the SAME REQUIREMENTS THAT EVERYONE ELSE DOES (that is there is no "lowering of the bar" on physical standards or education/training,

they are not hired to meet a "diversity" requirement, that they are hired based on MERIT, not some number matching game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... this nation is WELL down the path of "diversifying" ourselves to Oblivion.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#41]
I think homosexuality is  perverted, and un-natural, but I don't hate anybody, and would not harm anyone unless they were trying to harm me, or my family. But there are places where openly gay men do not belong, and Law Enforcement is one of them. As far as dikes go, we have several on the fire department, and I know of many on the Police Dept. They are more masculine than most women, and do a pretty good job of fighting fires, and law enforcement. I guess there are  capable male homos that could make decent cops, just not the Lt. Dangle type, a limp wristed cop would get run over in a second, as they would get zero respect from most criminals. and parading them would degrade the entire dept, and give more people a reason to be hostile toward law enforcement.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

IF

they can pass the SAME REQUIREMENTS THAT EVERYONE ELSE DOES (that is there is no "lowering of the bar" on physical standards or education/training,

they are not hired to meet a "diversity" requirement, that they are hired based on MERIT, not some number matching game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... this nation is WELL down the path of "diversifying" ourselves to Oblivion.

Not "picking" on you, Airwolf, but let's look at that.

Would you have no problem with a necrophilliac working at your child's day care?

How about a convicted homosexual child molester?

My point is that there are many very good reasons why some people should not be allowed to work some jobs.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

The wife of a guy I used to work with about 10 years ago owned a bar/pool hall that was a popular gay hangout. We would go all the time after work and drink free beer and play in the weekly pool tournaments. A few of the regulars were the short-haired,  flannel wearing, chained wallet bull types and a few were into Harleys and would drive up with their "bitch" on the back all decked out in leathers   These ladies were pretty damn tough.

I was there for the free beer and free pool only by the way.

uh huh...

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Free beer my ass, you were hoping to score with one of those diesel dikes, com-on tell the truth! or you were going for the three way with two of um'
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#45]
It's a shame.The LAPD used to be the most respected police department in the world.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:39:36 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IF

Not "picking" on you, Airwolf, but let's look at that.

Would you have no problem with a necrophilliac working at your child's day care?

My point is that there are many very good reasons why some people should not be allowed to work some jobs.

Old painless,have to respectfully disagree with you.I too feel homosexuallity is not normal,however I dont buy the aurgument that one perversion leads to another.Pieceofstink is no more likely to molest a young boy as I am to touch a young girl in an impure manner.IMHO pieceofstink and other gays are born the way they are.I put myself in there shoes,I just cant see myself setting on the beach and seeing some dude with a hairy ass in a thong walk by and say "man I would hit that".Also there are some who would look at us gun owners and say we werent normal,or that we are perverse.What pieceofstink and other gays do in the privacy of their own homes shouldnt matter to us hetrosexuals.Besides,that leaves more womenz for us
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:41:25 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
excuse me but what exactly does being gay have to do with being an LEO?

How exactly is allowing those officers to appear in uniform a credit to the LAPD?

Why is a POLICE DEPARTMENT <that never has enough money> sponsoring a controvercial event IN ANOTHER STATE.

The chief and the mayor and council need to be run out of town on a rail for disgraceing the city and wasting tax money like this.

Yep.  LE isn't really a field that people get in out of boredom or just as another job.  Has the Lapd gotten so big they've forgotten this?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Old painless,have to respectfully disagree with you.I too feel homosexuallity is not normal,however I dont buy the aurgument that one perversion leads to another.Pieceofstink is no more likely to molest a young boy as I am to touch a young girl in an impure manner.

Nothing wrong with disagreement.

But I didn't say anything about Pieceofstink.

I said:

See the difference?

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:45:13 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
They dont let men search women...

Nothing in Cali state law or department policy prevents me from searching a female prisoner.  Think about it.  You just arrested a woman, you are going to put her in the back seat and transport her to the jail without searching her for hidden weapons, cuff keys needles just becuase the nearest female officer is three cities away?  Stand that bitch in front of the video camera and search her the same way you would a man.

If she wants to claim I groped her or whatever, have at it. the search is on tape and was witnessed by my follow.  A baseless complaint beats a bullet in the back of the head at 60MPH any day.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top