Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2005 6:35:22 AM EDT
Nun Bun Story Linky

TBO.com > News > AP

Dec 26, 6:48 AM EST

Nun Bun Stolen From Tenn. Coffeehouse

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- When Bob Bernstein arrived at his coffeehouse to assess the scene of an early Christmas morning break-in, the one thing he noticed missing was the cinnamon bun that bears a striking likeness to Mother Teresa.

Bernstein said he believes that the culprit is someone angry over the shop displaying the world-famous pastry, which has been preserved with shellac. A jar of money next to the Nun Bun was not stolen.

"They went right for the bun," he said. "Unfortunately I think it's somebody who wanted to take it to destroy it."

The Nun Bun gained worldwide attention in 1996 when a customer nearly took a bite of it before recognizing the revered nun in the folds of flaky pastry.

The bun was featured on world news programs, "The Late Show" with David Letterman and was even mentioned on episodes of "The Nanny" and "Mad About You."

The shop, Bongo Java, sold T-shirts, prayer cards and mugs with the bun's image before Mother Teresa wrote a personal letter to the coffeehouse asking the sales be stopped.

© 2005 The Associated Press

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:38:33 AM EDT
[#1]
This may be the first time Mother Theresa got eaten.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:38:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank goodness that it is such a slow news day! When you read something like this it means that no bombings have taken place and things are pretty cool in the world.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:55:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully they didn't try to eat that 10yo bun
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:01:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:23:47 AM EDT
[#5]
One of my pet peeves....pastry pilfering by bun bandits.

I hope they go to hell and get baked a golden brown.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:28:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Damn... That is wrong on so many levels...  

Bad mental picture too... Thanks
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn... That is wrong on so many levels...  

[Homer Simpson] Mmmmm..... sacri-licious... [/Homer Simpson]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:23:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess Harold and Kumar couldn't get to White Castle again so they ate her to satisfy their munchies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top