Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2005 7:16:44 PM EDT
Im curious if people that stupid to risk there lives and pay25 million for that risk would like to give the same ammount for some combat action?

good way to help pay for the war isnt it?

maybe some guy who got to serve and didnt get any combat time or didnt serve and now wants to know what its like and is richer than most.

let say that there is some asshat like that out there willing to pay some ungodly amount of money to spend a few days in combat in iraq, like say few days routing out insurgents. they take a few weeks training. why dont they open up something like that?? shit they let asshole journalist go in with them,  surely there is someone who would like to get some trigger time in the "shit". just an idea....

im sure there is some geneva law or something out there preventing such thing, but what the hell
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:20:00 PM EDT
[#1]
If I hit it big in the lottery, I would pay for a trip. That would be freakin' cool.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:22:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Im curious if people that stupid to risk there lives and pay25 million for that risk would like to give the same ammount for some combat action?

good way to help pay for the war isnt it?

maybe some guy who got to serve and didnt get any combat time or didnt serve and now wants to know what its like and is richer than most.

let say that there is some asshat like that out there willing to pay some ungodly amount of money to spend a few days in combat in iraq, like say few days routing out insurgents. they take a few weeks training. why dont they open up something like that?? shit they let asshole journalist go in with them,  surely there is someone who would like to get some trigger time in the "shit". just an idea....

Great idea . . . but already used.

It's called mercenary work.  Doesn't go over very well in the civilized parts of the world.

Disconnector

im sure there is some geneva law or something out there preventing such thing, but what the hell

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Could get some real soldiers killed if the joy rider fucked up.  I'm voting against the idea.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:25:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Could get some real soldiers killed if the joy rider fucked up.  I'm voting against the idea.

Same here.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Would suck for the guys next to him.

And in front of him. And behind him.

Hell no.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Im guessing it would not be a huge deal to become a iraqi policeman for  the right amount of $$ to grease the skids
you used to hear stories in the 70s and 80s of guys that would go on " safari" in africa during the various civil wars useing a legit safari as cover
I could see the same thing a rich guy shows intrest in investing in iraq once he gets there he goes out to look at the country with a "security" team
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:29:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I can see it now

"A stuffed Iraqy head on the wall"
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.

+2
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Somebody already did this in Bosnia.  I remember hearing about the most common nationality to use it was the Germans.  

They would set up a nice little sniper blind and you could shoot away at whomever for a little while.

wow never heard that,  thats crazy, so they got to pop round at whoever huh??
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd pay for combat time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
Could get some real soldiers killed if the joy rider fucked up. I'm voting against the idea.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same here.

I think it would be a commercial operation. No soldiers involved, just mercs.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I think you could make a mint arranging 'safaris' to war torn shitholes like Monrovia and whatnot.  Hell, they bounce around like fucking weebles, popping off stray rounds at each other anyway...  I bet there are plenty of rich bitches that'd pay through the nose for the ability to make a clandestine hunting trip and pop some two legged game.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:15:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I think you could make a mint arranging 'safaris' to war torn shitholes like Monrovia and whatnot.  Hell, they bounce around like fucking weebles, popping off stray rounds at each other anyway...  I bet there are plenty of rich bitches that'd pay through the nose for the ability to make a clandestine hunting trip and pop some two legged game.

I think it would be cool but, like others said i dont like the idea of puttign american soldiers lives at risk. But i bet they wouldnt mind if that group of guys he was assigned with got a big chunk of the money also!! i bet platoons would be lined up begging to get some of that dough, and drag along some asshat and let him ride around and pop of some 50 cal from a hummer
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:20:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

i think you could do this in many american cities too, but without the hunting part. of course you could return fire if necessary though. i'd call it 'urban safari'.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:23:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I dont think you should pay, it should be a free trip.  With all the civilian counterparts we have operating in theater, you would think all we would do is kick doors and sandbag & ziptie Iraqis?  I spent more time sleeping, making coffee, and doing a weekly dispatch & PMCS on my truck than anything in my year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top