Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2005 4:18:08 PM EDT
I just got a phone call that my cuosin was killed in Iraq today and that is all my Mom knows.  I was wondering where to find more info here on the net?

TIA

Rich B
Orlando, FL
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:20:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Centcom Casualty Report

ETA:

December 25, 2005
Release Number: 05-12-29C

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

IRAQ: SOLDIER KILLED IN ACTION

Baghdad, Iraq – A Soldier assigned to the 205th Military Intelligence Brigade died of wounds sustained from a rocket-propelled grenade attack on Dec. 24 while on a routine patrol near Hawijah, in northern Iraq.

The incident is currently under investigation. The name of the Soldier is being withheld pending next-of-kin notification and release by the Department of Defense.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:22:39 PM EDT
[#2]
cnn reported that 2 were killed today. sorry to hear that about your cousin

www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/12/25/iraq.main/index.html

2 U.S. soldiers killed in Baghdad

Sunday, December 25, 2005; Posted: 2:17 p.m. EST (19:17 GMT)

• Coalition Casualties
• Special ReportBAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Two Task Force Baghdad soldiers were killed in bombings Sunday in the Iraqi capital, the U.S. military said.

One soldier died "when his vehicle was hit by an improvised explosive device" during a patrol, and another died "from wounds sustained by an improvised explosive device," the military said in written statements.

The deaths bring the number of U.S. troops who have died in the Iraq war to 2,166.

Also Sunday, two car bombs exploded minutes apart in central Baghdad, wounding several Iraqi police officers, soldiers and civilians, according to Baghdad police.

The first bomb, which exploded just after 1 p.m., wounded three traffic police, Baghdad police said.

About 15 minutes later, a second car bomb went off near an Iraqi army patrol, wounding three soldiers and eight civilians, police said.

On a highway east of Baghdad, a roadside bomb damaged an American tank, The Associated Press reported. There were no immediate reports of injuries. AP Television News footage and photos showed an Abrams battle tank in flames.

On Saturday, twelve people -- including Iraqi police and soldiers, ministry employees, civilians and a U.S. soldier -- were killed in insurgent attacks in Iraq, police and military officials said.

The violence came as U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld served up meals and a pep talk to U.S. troops well to the north in Mosul.

"You and our country will prevail," Rumsfeld said. (Full story)

Also Saturday, the U.S. military reported the deaths of seven insurgents.

Three bodies were found after police responded to a blast in the north-central town of Samarra. The men were trying to fire a mortar when the round apparently detonated prematurely, the military said, and a fourth person died from injuries while attempting to escape.

Later, three insurgents were killed near Duluiya during an attack on an American patrol, according to the military.

Iraq condemns abduction of Sudanese
Iraq's Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Sunday denounced the kidnapping in Baghdad of several Sudanese civilians, who were whisked away after Friday prayers.

The ministry "strongly condemns the kidnapping by a criminal terrorist group of a number of Sudanese civilians."

The statement said they include Abdel Moneam Mohammad Tom, the second secretary in Sudanese Embassy in Baghdad.

News reports say the number of those abducted is six.

It is the latest kidnapping in Iraq, which has endured a spate of abductions in recent weeks.

Earlier this week, the driver for Jordan's ambassador to Iraq was taken hostage. On Saturday, a group of militants released a video Saturday showing the hostage and issuing demands for his release. (Full story)

A Briton, an American and two Canadians who work for the Christian Peacemaker Team in Baghdad and an American industrial electrician, Ronald Schulz, were kidnapped weeks ago.

Copyright 2005 CNN. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Associated Press contributed to this report.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry for the sad news.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:38:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:39:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Very sorry to hear that.

Happened to my best friend before Thanksgiving. Took about 3-4 days after the family is notified to start showing up on the net. About a week after that to get the body back.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#9]

May he rest in Peace

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm very sorry to hear of your family's loss.  I can't imagine losing a family member on Christmas.  I pray that the report is wrong.  

Chris
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:21:23 PM EDT
[#11]

My condolences.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:34:18 PM EDT
[#12]
One of these days this war is going to be over.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry to hear that. Prayers sent to your family and the fallen.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#14]
God bless him, and those who are taking care of business over there and all around the world..>
icasualties.org/oif/
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#15]
God bless him and all the troops. Our prayers go out to you and your family.
salute
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:21:53 AM EDT
[#16]
it's a she right?

ETA CavVets report was of a female soldier.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:50:52 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm sorry for your loss. He is a true hero.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
it's a she right?

ETA CavVets report was of a female soldier.

No he was attached to the 3td ID.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top