Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2005 7:19:56 AM EDT
www.google.com

wtf is that supposed to be?

They put up a holiday specific logo for just about everything else.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:21:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Someone starts this argument on every internet forum on this exact topic every holiday.

Google only puts up holiday images on random holidays every year, see for yourself:

www.google.com/holidaylogos.html
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:23:21 AM EDT
[#2]
kwanzaa?

ETA:  i think they had a christmas reef last year...

ETA#2:  nevermind.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:34:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Its a google doodle
doodle
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:37:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Over the past few days, the cat and the mouse have been trying to plug the power in for what now appears is the mouses' wheel. Today they succeded.

As to what the cat and mouse thing is supposed to analagise, who knows. Diverse viewpoints working together for a common goal, I suppose. What an un-Christian concept, eh?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:39:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I had to enlarge it and adjust the focus, but it looks like a cat and some critter in a hamster wheel.

(or maybe it's a happy hamster getting the wheel as a present?)

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:40:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I frankly am offended.  The cat is exploiting the mouse for its own enjoyment.  Who would an evergreen tree offend?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:43:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Over the past few days, the cat and the mouse have been trying to plug the power in for what now appears is the mouses' wheel. Today they succeded.

As to what the cat and mouse thing is supposed to analagise, who knows. Diverse viewpoints working together for a common goal, I suppose. What an un-Christian concept, eh?

They are trying to plug in the google logo. The extension cord doesn't reach, so the mouse gets out his wheel and lights up the logo with it.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:45:18 AM EDT
[#8]
From what I see, they put up specific holiday images for every holiday but religious ones.  That is pretty much fine with me.  The way I see it, people celebrate Christmas, whether they are Christian or not (for the vast majority of people).  So they are specifically leaving out Christmas.  If they wanted to keep it non-religious, they could use Santa.  Granted, they appear to be putting up Christmas lights, but only by insinutation.

BTW, I bet they are all home celebrating Christmas today. Typical liberal hypocrites.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:51:45 AM EDT
[#10]
why don't you bitch about the ar15.com logo too?  they don't show anything special....who cares?  (besides you)
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:56:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
From what I see, they put up specific holiday images for every holiday but religious ones.  That is pretty much fine with me.  The way I see it, people celebrate Christmas, whether they are Christian or not (for the vast majority of people).  So they are specifically leaving out Christmas.  If they wanted to keep it non-religious, they could use Santa.  Granted, they appear to be putting up Christmas lights, but only by insinutation.

BTW, I bet they are all home celebrating Christmas today. Typical liberal hypocrites.

You're taking this way too seriously.  It's not like they have santa (or someone else) with his eyes x'd out hung from the gallows.

Like someone said above, it's been a several-day "cartoon" involving this cat and mouse trying to plug in the Google lights and then eventually powering up the mouse's wheel.  It's cute and festive.  

eta:  notice the wheel is red and green?  the lights are on?  there's no google Bible-burning conspiracy here.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:12:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
notice the wheel is red and green?  the lights are on?  there's no google Bible-burning conspiracy here.

You're right there isn't, but it's much easier to attribute things people don't like answers for to a conspiracy.

They're not all home celebrating Christmas.  Some of their employees, much like any company of size, aren't all Christian folks.  However, I'm certain that most of them are off today, since it's Sunday....
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:45:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Storyline for pictures:

Story Line
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:48:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are trying to plug in the google logo. The extension cord doesn't reach, so the mouse gets out his wheel and lights up the logo with it.

So the selfish cat is rejoicing at the poor hamster being forced to perform slave labor to power the lights? Bastages!

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Those of us in the "know" know what that is. Simply put it is a pagan symbol for the hystrocies hampster movement of Thailand. Not much is known about this cult but in the past they have made claims to have aided the birth of the new antichrist. Under the guise of theosophy they brainwash thousands of followers each month until they reach their ultimate goal: Global domination.

Some theologians suspect they have ties to scientology. Their evidence was a secret compound found in the mountains of Kentucky where the two cults were said to have performed rituals together. While this evidence was never brought to the public there are reports that one man holds hard evidence to prove both groups involvement with the antichrist and world domination but he was kidnapped by walmart union thugs and has since disappeared.

May God have mearcy on us if this Google page is authentic.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Fer cryin out loud, it's fucking Google.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:15:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Perhaps they didn't go with something more explicitly Christmasy because today is also the first day of Hanukkah.  

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm suprised people aren't boycoting this site because it says Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas!!!   www.ar15.com/
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:05:36 AM EDT
[#19]
I think the Google logo is kinda cute... Me likey

(the mouse is generating the electricity to light the logo)

Why some of you people are getting all worked up over nothing is beyond me...

Merry Christmas

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:08:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I frankly am offended.  The cat is exploiting the mouse for its own enjoyment.  Who would an evergreen tree offend?

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#21]

The creators of Google are extreme leftists.

They hate you and everything you stand for.

But they don't hate you enough not to want to make money off you - so they can donate billions to their whacko leftist organizations and causes.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:06:13 AM EDT
[#22]
It's not there anymore.  Is Christmas over?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:49:45 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Now they're denying the "blackness" of MLK and making him whiter than Micheal Jackson!!!

RACISM!!!!  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:02:49 AM EDT
[#24]

Looks like an "A-Ha" video.

MLK is a Norwegian?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:05:42 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now they're denying the "blackness" of MLK and making him whiter than Micheal Jackson!!!

www.google.com/logos/mlk06.gif

RACISM!!!!  

ZOMG RACISTS!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:14:24 AM EDT
[#26]
I HAVE A DREAM TOO.
just not the one MLK Jr. did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top