Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2005 5:36:23 AM EDT
Freakin Fed Ex sucks. Ordered some cable to hook up another computer on my cable modem. Placed order on 12/17/05. Tracked to local terminal on the freakin 20th. This was part of a gift. Still no package! Tried to call customer service, apparently there are no humans that work there.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:38:04 AM EDT
[#1]
most computer cables are relatively inexpensive.  Why didnt you just go to Best Buy or any Electronics Store?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:38:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:41:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, I needed 100' of ethernet, and completly rewiring entire house, Ordered 1000' of RG6 and crimpers/strippers and connectors.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:56:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Sent a package UPS 2day air on 12/19 to Las Vegas still not there.Now scheduled to be there 12/27.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:58:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well, I needed 100' of ethernet, and completly rewiring entire house, Ordered 1000' of RG6 and crimpers/strippers and connectors.

Next time, try wireless.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:02:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Tried wireless, Hated it! The boy plays alot of online games, and I do not like my info broadcast over the air. I know you can encrypt it, but better safe than sorry.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:17:08 AM EDT
[#7]
The Fedex guy walked up to the door yesterday (Saturday) morning, handed me a box and said "Merry Christmas, Sir".  I wasn't even full awake yet but I managed to say "Merry Christmas".

Damn Fedex people make me feel like a slacker.

And the UPS guy has come by about every evening for the last two weeks; and that guy is always smiling and making jokes about the 6 boxes he is carrying; even when it is late and already dark out.  I don't know why he can't be grumpy like everyone else.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:37:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I am really not mad at the drivers, I have good friend that drives for UPS, they really are hard working folks. My problem seems to be with idiots that work in customer service. My tracking info states it was out for delivery on the 24th. I honestly think that these folks should not have to work on Christmas eve, but it should have been here by now.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:40:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Tried wireless, Hated it! The boy plays alot of online games, and I do not like my info broadcast over the air. I know you can encrypt it, but better safe than sorry.

So they're dropping off a crate of tinfoil too?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:51:10 AM EDT
[#10]
No tinfoil. I made my helmet out of lead.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:13:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am really not mad at the drivers, I have good friend that drives for UPS, they really are hard working folks. My problem seems to be with idiots that work in customer service. My tracking info states it was out for delivery on the 24th. I honestly think that these folks should not have to work on Christmas eve, but it should have been here by now.

Thank You.

As a UPS delivery driver we do not like the idiots that work in customer service either. We wish the hub people could get the packages on our trucks so we can get them delivered on time. Believe me, it is just as frustrating for us not to have your package on the scheduled delivery date.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:14:44 AM EDT
[#12]
FED EX SUCKS PERIOD.
M
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:07:02 AM EDT
[#13]
was lucky this year,,,it all came together,,,the only thing missed out on a Atari 2.0 2600 retro gizmo at the P.O.Box,,,,but I was out with the Crew firing live rounds,,,Asteroids/Command Center and a Pong can wait
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
most computer cables are relatively inexpensive.  Why didnt you just go to Best Buy or any Electronics Store?

Best Buy is a complete ripoff on cables. When I needed a USB extension, I looked at Best Buy and the other electonics stores in town and they wanted around $30 for a plain jane 16' extension cable. I found an amplified 16' USB cable online for $4.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:15:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Did you try Home Depot?
The local Homey D has a 1,000 foot roll of the stuff....
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#16]
My local Home Depot sucks. And as far as Radio Shack,Best Buy and all the others, their prices are a ripoff. Found a place online called Triangle Cables with great prices and fair shipping with all the stuff I mentioned early.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:11:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Putting your computers on a wireless connection is foolish if you even remotely value security.

It's not tinfoil. It's smart.

The only secure wireless connection is just one that hasn't yet been hacked yet.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Check THIS out...

9:30 this morning the doorbell rings... it is USPO.. yes, the POST OFFICE, delivered a pkg.

Is this TEOTWAWKI???
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:00:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Putting your computers on a wireless connection is foolish if you even remotely value security.

The only secure wireless connection is just one that hasn't yet been hacked yet.

No different than wired.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 12:05:19 PM EDT
[#20]
FedEx hasn't let me down, ever, since I've been using them, probably near 10 or 15 years.  

Nearly every other shipping company has.

FWIW.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:07:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No different than wired.

Uh.

No.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:40:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont worry about it...

Dont broadcast the SSID, use encryption, a higly restrictive subnet mask and lock things down by MAC address.

If you are really paranoid, run a VPN tunnel over wireless...

Remember..your traffic can be intercepted on the internet...encrypted or not...

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:57:34 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Dont broadcast the SSID - check

Use encryption - check, using 128-bit WEP

A highly restrictive subnet mask - WTF? - 255.255.255.0 is uncool?

Aand lock things down by MAC address - check

If you are really paranoid, run a VPN tunnel over wireless... good idea

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:00:23 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont worry about it...

Dont broadcast the SSID, use encryption, a higly restrictive subnet mask and lock things down by MAC address.

If you are really paranoid, run a VPN tunnel over wireless...

Remember..your traffic can be intercepted on the internet...encrypted or not...

But nobody 'wardrives' for open wired lans...because it isn't possible.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:04:33 AM EDT
[#25]
You guys scare me with the tech talk
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#26]
FEDEX..............................my wife had 3 large boxes shipped from Vegas to NC.

They came in SOAKED IN WATER...............and torn to hell!

Do they move these things in a truck?..........or on a friggen camel?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:27:32 AM EDT
[#27]
FedExcrement already lost one package last month.

I had purchased a canister aquarium pump last week and it was going to be delivered on the 24.

The tracking still shows in in Hutchins, Texas near Dallas since the 23rd.

It hasn't even made it to Houston yet.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Why RG6?  That seems a bit extreme for home wiring.

-James
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#30]
I like PIE!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:38:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Meta4, I live in a house that was built in the 30's. The asshats that lived here before me ran all the cable outside and with at least 20 couplers. Just want to replace and reroute.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top