Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2005 10:23:59 PM EDT
Just ran a house fire earlier today.......definitely not good for the family who owned the house!  Imagine a fire burning for quite some time inside your closed up home before a neighbor notices smoke coming from an upstairs window.  I was first through the door with the nozzle...could barely see...after the fire was knocked down our crews started finding the dogs.  There were four...the puppy looked the most viable so a cop and one of our guys tried ventilations to no avail.  Imagine losing just about everything inside your home on Christmas Eve and your 4 dogs!!!!  We're a pretty busy department and the calls fade from the memory pretty quick, but this is one of those calls that will stick in the memory for sure.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:41:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow I feel really sorry for that family. and for the pets .
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:41:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Made a similar call two years ago--good news was nobody was home and only possessions were damaged and lost.  Stay safe and Merry Christmas.  Just glad I'm off this year.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, that sucks...
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:54:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Tealgunner...glad you have it off this year!  It's my first day of a 72...working Christmas for a guy that has kids.  Monday is a payback for hours I owe a guy on C shift.  And our shift works New Years Eve too...oh well!  To top it off, looks like I'll get mandatoried on New Years Day also...we have a couple of guys off on injury right now and the list of people on the sign-up sheet is a REAL short one for that day!    I guess that's why people love us Firemen!!!!  Always there when they need us
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top