Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2005 7:32:15 PM EDT
i went to work today to work the saints game in the alamodome next door.  so everything goes as expected, from 9-12 i get my ass kicked in the bar and i make a couple hundred bucks.

but then some guy comes up to pay a tab and hands me a ticket to the game as a tip.

i was casually mentioning how it sucked i wouldnt be able to go and my boss overheard and told me to leave and go see the game.  even better she also lets my best friend off to come with me!  

then she starts lining up some shots for us to take before we go, and sends us out the door with a couple beers.  i was like WTF...but didnt ask questions.   my buddy grabs a ticket from a scalper outside for $20, we buy t-shirts real quick to change out of our work uniforms and off we go.

ended up watching the game and getting pretty hammered inside.  the boss had told us to come back about 10 minutes before the end to work the aftergame rush, so we left about  halfway through the fourth quarter.  

we get back and are obviously pretty intoxicated.  boss lady pours us another shot and tells us to get ready.... :)     the rush comes and goes, we both do well, and have a few more beers with management afterwards.

bottom line, i had never been to an NFL game before, and today was an awesome experience.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a GREAT night.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
You've gotta be shitting me.

The San Antonio Saints? Please tell me that's not an NFL team.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#3]
You mean people actually showed up to watch the lions and saints ?!?!?!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#4]

here in the alamo city NFL games are few and far between.  we take what we can get.

the shirts were made because the saints played 3 of their home games in SA due to hurricane katrina, and at one point were considering moving here permanently.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#5]
That's great, daemon!

I saw on SportsCenter that the Lions kicked a winning FG with no time left...nice finish!

HH
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:54:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You've gotta be shitting me.

The San Antonio Saints? Please tell me that's not an NFL team.

Please remember where the Saints are from and weather or not they have a stadium.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top