Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2005 4:14:48 PM EDT
And did you have any luck????

When I went to Ohio last month, the fuckers stole my Gerber MultiTool out of my checked baggage.

It was there when I packed, gone when I got home, and their little flier was inside, but nothing with a note saying they had stole my tool.

I called both my Senators, assuming TSA would be like pissing up a rope, but they told me to file.

Anyone with anyluck??

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck, don't get me started.  In Feb, they damaged a hard drive (the damage could only have been done by someone who opened up the case which rules out the luggage handlers), and then they damaged the Pelican case it was in by not closing it properly.

I called their claims dept, was put on hold for 2.5 hours (literally!), went through their procedures, spent 3 hours drafting a detailed claim including photos, receipts, and illustrations.

4 months go by, I get a call saying I need to fax them another receipt and a check would be made.  I fax them what they asked for, 3 months later I get a letter they are denying my claim.

I write them a nasty letter, and after about 10 months of fighting, they send me a letter saying they will cut me a check for ~ 70% of the actual damages.  I agree, just waiting on the check right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top