Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2005 7:46:25 AM EDT
Christmas morning if I didnt wake up with a hardon I had nothing to play with all day.
Badaboom!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:47:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:47:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:48:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm so broke that if it cost a nickle to shit, I'd puke
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:49:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:51:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:55:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:56:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Momma cut holes in my pockets so I'd have something to play with.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:56:46 AM EDT
[#8]
We invented re-gifting; it was the only way anyone had a box under the tree.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:05:25 AM EDT
[#9]
We were poor.  We only had one piece of turkey on Christmas.  So my grandmom would tie a string around it so everyone would get a taste.  You were allowed to put it in your mouth and chew a little but not swallow it.  If you tried she would yank on the string to get back out.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:08:56 AM EDT
[#10]
We were so poor, we had to recycle toilet paper....

The only running water we had was from the drool on grandads chin...
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Poor ? You want poor .

When I was about 14 or so I just couldn't take all the crap that was going on at home so I ran away .

I wasn't working yet .I had maybe $30 to my name and the clothes on my back when I did it .
I stayed with some friends here and there when I could to grab a bite to eat , but for the most part I was on my own . I squatted in an abandoned house for the majority of it . But there was a period of a few days that I just hadn't eaten and was hungry so bad my stomach just would not stop hurting . I finally broke down and ripped up some wet cardboard and squirted a couple packs of ketchup on it . That was the dinner that made me admit defeat and crawl home with my tail between my legs .

Flash forward to years later .
I am not a rich man . I probably never will be one . I have some nice things , but I work harder than I should sometimes to get them . I can eat a decent meal every day .I appreciate the things I have .I know first hand there are people out there that have things far worse than I do even if I don't have a pile of cash to blow on anything I see.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:40:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Poor ? You want poor .

When I was about 14 or so I just couldn't take all the crap that was going on at home so I ran away .

I wasn't working yet .I had maybe $30 to my name and the clothes on my back when I did it .
I stayed with some friends here and there when I could to grab a bite to eat , but for the most part I was on my own . I squatted in an abandoned house for the majority of it . But there was a period of a few days that I just hadn't eaten and was hungry so bad my stomach just would not stop hurting . I finally broke down and ripped up some wet cardboard and squirted a couple packs of ketchup on it . That was the dinner that made me admit defeat and crawl home with my tail between my legs .

I am not a rich man . I probably never will be one . I have some nice things , but I work harder than I should sometimes to get them . I can eat a decent meal every day .I appreciate the things I have .I know first hand there are people out there that have things far worse than I do even if I don't have a pile of cash to blow on anything I see.

I vote you thread downer of the day.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:43:40 AM EDT
[#13]
You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down at the mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:43:56 AM EDT
[#14]
We were so poor, we dreamed of wet cardboard and ketchup dinners.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#15]
"and when there was no meat, we ate fowl and when there was no fowl, we ate crawdad and when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."
"You ate WHAT?"
"We ate Sand!"
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down at the mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt.

Luxury.
We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of hot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#17]
"And when WE got home, our dad would slice us in two with a bread knife and then dance about on our graves singin' "Halleluia!"."
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Poor ? You want poor .

I vote you thread downer of the day.

No way man . Thread realist maybe .

I have a wonderful woman in my life . Two beautiful kids with her . A roof over my head and some fun toys . Life is gravy baby .
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#19]
We were so poor - that since we were bad and we each got a lump of coal in our stocking - we had to give it up and into the furnace the next day.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#20]
We did pretty good, we had a pot to piss in.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#21]
My Great Grandma used to say that she was so poor, she couldn't afford to buy a pea jacket for a piss ant.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#22]
We used to get dead batteries with a sticker on them that said "toys not included".

My mom used to cut a piece of paper into the shape of a turkey and hang it in the window. We'd sop our bread in the shadow.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:33:56 PM EDT
[#24]
I am so broke, I cannot 'pay' attention!

ETA: One additional saying relayed to me by a Canunk acquaintance.

I am so broke I can squeeze a nickel until the beaver shytes!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:44:13 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
"And when WE got home, our dad would slice us in two with a bread knife and then dance about on our graves singin' "Halleluia!"."

And you try and tell the young people of today that ..... they won't believe you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top