Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2005 9:16:21 PM EDT
At the El Capitan in Hollywood.  Pretty good movie, make-up and visuals outstanding.

Disney owns the theatre, had snow machines blowing "snow" out over sidewalk and H'wood Blvd. Had The "wardrobe" prop and several of the prop statues on display in the lobby, weapons, masks, costumes, maquettes (models of characters) life size busts of various monsters, trolls, etc on display in showroom.  Had an organist playing the might wurlitzer as we were seated and waiting, and as the lights went down they had light effects on some of the prop statues in the theatre and then snow machines blew "snow" around the theatre.

You might not care for Disney, but boy they sure know how to put on a good show.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:19:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Was it worth the extra ten bones for the El Capitan?  I have my choice, EC or another.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:20:13 PM EDT
[#2]
MOVIE FORUM Know it love it lclick it
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:21:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Was it worth the extra ten bones for the El Capitan?  I have my choice, EC or another.

$10   Thats the price for about 2 tickets to a regular movie
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:27:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You might not care for Disney, but boy they sure know how to put on a good show.

Its not Disney I have the problem with, its the guys who direct traffic there.. they come up to your cars and start talking to you like they are your shooting buddy or something!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

We went to the El Cap with the youth group from our church and they got the "VIP" tickets and picked up at will call.  So all we ended up paying for was parking, cuz we parked in the wrong lot.  But the "VIP" tickets were $22 (I think we also got a group rate) and that included a free drink, a popcorn tub and a reserved seat.  And the El Cap was an experience in and of itself.  General Admission weeknite adult seats are $13.  I don't know how that compares to other big bigscreen theatres.  

If I had to do it again and had the extra time, I definitely think it would be worth it.  The EC is across the street from Graumann's Chinese and the Motion Picture Academy Kodak theatre complex, and I would get there early enough to play tourist a while and see some of the Hollywood Blvd sights.  Plus the EC extras, the props, other display items, etc were a lot of fun.  the way Hollywood should be.

If I paid $22 at a local theatre full of noisy teens, I'ld be damn pissed.  I had fun at the El Cap. had movie themed "Christmas" lights across the street, it's one of those things you need to do for fun once in a while.  Like going to the Griffith Park Observatory and looking at the lights.  Hey, we can paly tourist too.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:13:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its not Disney I have the problem with, its the guys who direct traffic there.. they come up to your cars and start talking to you like they are your shooting buddy or something!!

Yeah been real tough on the poor guys all week working outdoors in short sleeves.  One of these days, I might get a real job, but I'm still having fun.  Ask me again some night at 1 am when I'm on a tram and it's raining.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top