Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 8:47:20 PM EDT
Sent to me by a friend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have enjoyed the redneck jokes for years. It's time to take a reflective look at the core beliefs of a culture that values home, family, country and God. If I had to stand before a dozen terrorists who threaten my life, I'd choose a half dozen or so rednecks to back me up. Tire irons, squirrel guns and grit -- that's what rednecks are made of. I hope I am one of those. BUT it is time to change from REDNECK humor to TRUE AMERICAN Humor! Only I don't see it as Humor, but the correct way to LIVE YOUR LIFE ! If you feel the same, pass this on to your True American friends. Ya'll know who ya' are...

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God."

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You still say "Christmas" instead of "Winter Festival."

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You bow your head when someone prays.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You treat Viet Nam vets with great respect, and always have.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You've never burned an American flag.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You'd give your last dollar to a friend.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:50:13 PM EDT
[#1]

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

HA!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Not bad, except that one need not be Christian to be American.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Sent to me by a friend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have enjoyed the redneck jokes for years. It's time to take a reflective look at the core beliefs of a culture that values home, family, country and God. If I had to stand before a dozen terrorists who threaten my life, I'd choose a half dozen or so rednecks to back me up. Tire irons, squirrel guns and grit -- that's what rednecks are made of. I hope I am one of those. BUT it is time to change from REDNECK humor to TRUE AMERICAN Humor! Only I don't see it as Humor, but the correct way to LIVE YOUR LIFE ! If you feel the same, pass this on to your True American friends. Ya'll know who ya' are...

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God."

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You still say "Christmas" instead of "Winter Festival."

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You treat Viet Nam vets with great respect, and always have.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You've never burned an American flag. You despise those that have ever considered burning an american flag.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.

Fixed it.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:17:49 PM EDT
[#4]
so pretty much to be an American you have to be mostly just christian, financially un-savvy, and have a small portion of conviction.

ummm... yeah... someone needs to update that list.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:47:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Going with this:
"You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening."

This is wrong:
"You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God."

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You bow your head when someone prays."

Pretty sure we got the freedom of religion in there somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:51:39 PM EDT
[#6]
If you just go on about your buisness and keep your nose out of everybody elses thing then you might be American, i am not a church goer but i dont get why everybody has such a big problem with what evrybody else is doing. I dont care what is displayed anywhere, i dont have to read it and therefor i do not give a fuck what is written on a rock  sitting in an Alabama court house.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:54:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

So based on the other items, this only applies when your beliefs are pro Christian, pro-right, and do not question authority, right?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:59:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Amen!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:17:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Very Good I'll Pass it on, Thanks
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:26:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

None of the examples said anything about being Christian.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:28:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sent to me by a friend.

You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You've never burned an American flag. You despise those that have ever considered burning an american flag as a protest.

Fixed it.

Fixed it for you.  Burning the flag is the proper way to dispose of one that is no longer servicable.  Have you ever seen or conducted a flag burning ceremony?  There is nothing wrong with it in fact I am proud to have done it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:36:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Going with this:
"You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening."

This is wrong:
"You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God."

Affirmative. Roger. Niner. Delta Penis. - Kool-Aid (LCA ts1337)

+1
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:45:12 AM EDT
[#13]
That's a good list.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:55:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If you just go on about your buisness and keep your nose out of everybody elses thing then you might be American, i am not a church goer but i dont get why everybody has such a big problem with what evrybody else is doing. I dont care what is displayed anywhere, i dont have to read it and therefor i do not give a fuck what is written on a rock  sitting in an Alabama court house.

Yea but God does.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:02:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:47:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Going with this:

This is wrong:

That's right.  But what you want is freedom FROM religion.  And that you are not going to get.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:55:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Merry Christmas and God Bless America!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top