Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 7:47:38 PM EDT
I was just watching A Very Ermey Christmas and they showed a short clip of what looked like a 30 carbine in Korea firing full auto.  I had always thought that the M1 carbine was strictly a semi-auto proposition.  Does anyone out there know the straight poop on this?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Called the M2 and M3 carbines.  That's why they developed 30 rounders!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to WWII.  The Inland division of General Motors made the M2 carbine, which was simply a M1 with a nice selector switch.  
Seriously, thats what all those 30 round carbine mags are for.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I shot an m-2 a few months back, was a lot of fun!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:55:11 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, Thanx.
I thought I knew something about guns but I never ran across that.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#5]
The M2 carbines also seem to be great bargain right now in the NFA world.   I'd love to buy one myself.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I shot an m-2 a few months back, was a lot of fun!

I did too. Last spring. What a kickass little gun. First M1 Carbine I shot was really an M2.

And yes I did.  Me want. Now if ammo was only more available/cheaper.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:26:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The M2 carbines also seem to be great bargain right now in the NFA world.   I'd love to buy one myself.  

What are they going for?

Bob
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What are they going for?

Bob

+1
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:29:37 PM EDT
[#9]
They also featured in Dr. Strangelove. That base guard shot up the Coke machine with one.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What are they going for?

Bob

www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfafirearms&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=7201&query=retrieval

About an average price $4600 about 1K more than a Mac and less than half the cost of an M16.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What are they going for?

Bob

www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfafirearms&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=7201&query=retrieval

About an average price $4600 about 1K more than a Mac and less than half the cost of an M16.

That's pretty decent actually for an NFA gun.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:59:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I was just watching A Very Ermey Christmas and they showed a short clip of what looked like a 30 carbine in Korea firing full auto.  I had always thought that the M1 carbine was strictly a semi-auto proposition.  Does anyone out there know the straight poop on this?

They had the M2 carbine (and M3 which was an M2 with an IR scope I think) which was an M1 carbine with full auto fire control parts. I was talking to a SOT and I think he told me that the fire control parts dropped into an M1 Carbine with no modification. IF so were any registered before the FOPA? (The parts, not the receiver it self. Use them in a host M1 kind of like a HK sear or DIAS)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top