Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2005 2:14:45 PM EDT
One of my patients has a pretty rough husband.  We are talking biker type with the battle scars to prove he is a tough guy.  Well, to make a long story short, his wife was having some problems and I helped them out.  They have my cell phone number and they called me once in a while if she was having problems.  We finally got most of her problems sorted out and she is doing ok. So the last visit he comes with her.  He gives me a hug and says if anyone is ever fucking with me to just call him and he and his buddies would take care of it.  Hmm, that is a tempting offer.  There are quite a few people I would mind if they had accidents.  But it was an interesting offer none the less.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:16:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Never hurts to have friends in low places
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:16:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats a nice favor to keep in your back pocket should the need ever come up.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:16:32 PM EDT
[#3]
<cough> Unspecified Radiologist <cough>
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:20:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn't you post this once before?  Either that or I have one hell of a case of Deja vu.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Didn't you post this once before?  Either that or I have one hell of a case of Deja vu.

Yup I did.  I just saw her again so it jogged my memory.  But they are a very nice down to earth couple.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a fat girl do me a favor in the form of some skull.  I didn't want it, but I was scared.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Our team's commander in BF2 dropped a supply crate on my position, as I was sniping the enemies on their airfield waiting for planes.  They instantly started blasting at me, previously having no idea where the shots were coming from.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:40:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1

Wish I had an acquaintance like that.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
One of my patients has a pretty rough husband.  We are talking biker type with the battle scars to prove he is a tough guy.  Well, to make a long story short, his wife was having some problems and I helped them out.  They have my cell phone number and they called me once in a while if she was having problems.  We finally got most of her problems sorted out and she is doing ok. So the last visit he comes with her.  He gives me a hug and says if anyone is ever fucking with me to just call him and he and his buddies would take care of it.  Hmm, that is a tempting offer.  There are quite a few people I would mind if they had accidents.  But it was an interesting offer none the less.

How long did this "hug" last?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Our team's commander in BF2 dropped a supply crate on my position, as I was sniping the enemies on their airfield waiting for planes.  They instantly started blasting at me, previously having no idea where the shots were coming from.

Kharn

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:49:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Is that favor transferable??
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:23:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

+1, never know when you need some one to 'get a clue' or to take an 'extra long vacation'.

If your wife or child are having problems, you never know.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#13]
He must have been REALLY grateful to you for fixing his wife's box.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Blame it all on my roots
I showed up in boots
And ruined your black tie affair
The last one to know
The last one to show
I was the last one
You thought you'd see there
And I saw the surprise
And the fear in his eyes
When I took his glass of champagne
And I toasted you
Said, honey, we may be through
But you'll never hear me complain

'Cause I've got friends in low places
Where the whiskey drowns
And the beer chases my blues away
And I'll be okay
I'm not big on social graces
Think I'll slip on down to the oasis
Oh, I've got friends in low places

Well, I guess I was wrong
I just don't belong
But then, I've been there before
Everything's all right
I'll just say goodnight
And I'll show myself to the door
Hey, I didn't mean
To cause a big scene
Just give me an hour and then
Well, I'll be as high
As that ivory tower
That you're livin' in

'Cause I've got friends in low places
Where the whiskey drowns
And the beer chases my blues away
And I'll be okay
I'm not big on social graces
Think I'll slip on down to the oasis
Oh, I've got friends in low places

3rd Verse:
I guess I was wrong
I just don't belong
But then, I've been there before
And everything is alright
I'll just say goodnight
And I'll show myself to the door
I didn't mean to cause a big scene
Just wait 'til I finish this glass
Then sweet little lady
I'll head back to the bar
And you can kiss my ass
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Kharn

that would really suck where were you?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I wish I had a motorcycle gang to do my bidding.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

At his desk
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

At his desk

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:58:28 PM EDT
[#19]
ARDOC,

I really ment it when I said it.

What, You don't believe me?

GM
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:18:14 PM EDT
[#20]
I've always been the type to do things for others and when asked "What do I owe you for this?", I usually reply "nothing, but maybe you can do something for me sometime."

Seeing as I know allot, about allot of things, I do this on a regular basis....at home, and at work.

Sometimes it has been a good way to make friends in positions that I can call on when I need something(s). Other times, people create more work/headaches for me trying to "Do me a favor/Help Me."

One instance was the building of the deck off the back of my house. I had designed it to be a two tier, railed deck, drawn up the plans and even bought the material. I had to go out of town on business, and got a "Surprise" when I returned home. My good friend & his dad, had come over and "Built" my deck for me.

Unfortunately, they didn't get the whole "Two tier" thing, and now I have a deck that has this big step in the middle of it. It wouldn't be so bad, but it's not even at a good height! (7"-71/2") It's like 8"-10"!, so it's awkward to step up to the "upper" deck.  

I would, and have been wanting to, rebuild it correctly, but My wife keeps telling me that they would take it as an insult of their "Gift"! (the trouble is, she might be right!) He's a good friend (We've known eah other since before 4th grade, we are 43 now.), but I think this summer it's getting torn apart and redone.

So I've been trying to come up with kind of a "Cover story" as to why I need to redo part of the deck. I don't want to insult/upset them, but I have to fix it.

Ah!, more work for me   Oh! Goodie!

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I've always been the type to do things for others and when asked "What do I owe you for this?", I usually reply "nothing, but maybe you can do something for me sometime."

Seeing as I know allot, about allot of things, I do this on a regular basis....at home, and at work.

Sometimes it has been a good way to make friends in positions that I can call on when I need something(s). Other times, people create more work/headaches for me trying to "Do me a favor/Help Me."

One instance was the building of the deck off the back of my house. I had designed it to be a two tier, railed deck, drawn up the plans and even bought the material. I had to go out of town on business, and got a "Surprise" when I returned home. My good friend & his dad, had come over and "Built" my deck for me.

Unfortunately, they didn't get the whole "Two tier" thing, and now I have a deck that has this big step in the middle of it. It wouldn't be so bad, but it's not even at a good height! (7"-71/2") It's like 8"-10"!, so it's awkward to step up to the "upper" deck.  

I would, and have been wanting to, rebuild it correctly, but My wife keeps telling me that they would take it as an insult of their "Gift"! (the trouble is, she might be right!) He's a good friend (We've known eah other since before 4th grade, we are 43 now.), but I think this summer it's getting torn apart and redone.

So I've been trying to come up with kind of a "Cover story" as to why I need to redo part of the deck. I don't want to insult/upset them, but I have to fix it.

Ah!, more work for me   Oh! Goodie!

Tall Shadow

Some of the wood was inadvertantly not stained well by you and rotted.  So you had to replace the wood.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Tall Shadow

Frost Heave    Thank me next summer.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I wish I had a motorcycle gang to do my bidding.

+1-i think i could get some changes made at work then. and probably a raise, too
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone remember the commercial years ago where the delivery man delivers a package early and this ugly as sin old woman at the door gets a look in her eye, starting pulling off her shirt while saying 'let me thank you'.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:17:40 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

The oilfields map, I was on the hill to the East overlooking the Chinese base, so I had a clear view through the hangers and all the way to the UAV trailer.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:23:17 AM EDT
[#26]
There was that reach around in prison when I met my new cell mate, Dover. Ben Dover.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top