Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2005 7:08:00 AM EDT
...that gets worse when I come here.  I have eight AR15s now.

But I can't keep from looking at the Equipment Exchange.

I have four extra sets of Colt carbine handguards.  Do I need them all?  Probably not.  So why did I buy another set from popodaman?

I helped eklikewhoa find an Armson OEG for his retro carbine.  I have two already.  One on my XM177 and one still in the box not even on an AR.  Did it stop me from buying another one from the responses to the WTB ad for eklikewhoa? No.  So now I have three OEGs.

I was looking in the gun cabinet and I have four Colt Carbine buttstocks, some are for projects, some are for spares. But I bought another one from ROUGH two weeks ago.

I buy crap I have half-a-dozen of but I need two charging handles and spend the money on a sixth spare lower parts kit.  I have eight ARs and am thinking of building an SPR and buying a Suppressor.  I don't even have bolt carriers for all of my ARs.  The two without charging handles don't have bolt carrier assemblies either, but I have ten extra of every spring and pin and detent and eight extra pistol grips.

I was looking through my box of parts and noticed I had one buffer detent and three buffer detent springs.  So I ordered two more buffer detents to go with the two extra springs I had.  Guess what...the buffer detents showed up in the package and just to be nice they threw spings in with them since I've done so much business with them.  So now I feel like I'm still two buffer detents short because I have two more detent springs than I have detents.

I looked over at HKPro for some mags for my HK Tactical .45 and ended up buying a rare Singlepoint red dot sight for my XM177E2 reproduction.  That is money I could have spent on something I could have used.

I've been thinking of getting a slabside A1 upper receiver.  Why?  I don't know.  Because I don't own one already?

I'm not spending house payments to buy gunstuff or hide stuff from my wife, but I think this is obsessive/compulsive behavior that borders on abnormal.

Last night I went to sleep thinking about my extra Christmas money...send an upper and lower to Total Silence, Inc. for Moly-resin coating, no...buy 10 D&H 30-round mags over at AR15armory for $99, no...go to Whitakker;s in Owensboro and buy another stripped lower, no...HK Pictogram engravings from likemopar...get a Surefire light for my M4. etc...

Abbie Normal...

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:08:29 AM EDT
[#1]
... and the only cure ... is more COWBELL!

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:08:43 AM EDT
[#2]
And the only prescription, is more cow bell!

errrrrrr AR15s!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:09:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

WTF?! Beaten by 14 seconds!?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:09:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?! Beaten by 14 seconds!?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top