Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2005 6:15:33 AM EDT
Checked my email this morning and saw an email that is supposedly from Paypal titled " Notice: (PP-764-811-010)".   Well, I open the email (I have virus protection and didn't open any attachments) and the subject line is titled "Notice: (PP-403-377-263)".  Two different notice numbers....not like Paypal to make a mistake like that.  It says that my account is limited since they needed some personal info.  And there's a link to the resolution center provided in the email.  Well, I put my cursor over it  (didn't click) and it shows it going to "paypal.com-webstr.us.  Another redflag.  So I log onto Paypal manually and type in the dispute numbers above.  No such records to my account.  I inform Paypal about this via email.  Just giving you guys a heads up.

ETA:  Also pulled up full headers on the email and it's definitely not from Paypal.  Coming from
          [email protected]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:16:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I get them alot, I send them back smartass replies, telling them to try harder next time.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:18:54 AM EDT
[#2]
News flash!  Fake paypal phishing emails are out!  Julia Child is still dead!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:19:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I get them alot, I send them back smartass replies, telling them to try harder next time.

Now that is funny.  I think I will too.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:20:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Big mistake replying to spam.

It lets the spammers know that the the email address is "confirmed good".

Unless you'd LIKE to get more spam....

efxguy
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:21:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Big mistake replying to spam.

It lets the spammers know that the the email address is "confirmed good".

Unless you'd LIKE to get more spam....

efxguy

That address is junk anyway, Its just my "real" address that I have to use for Ebay and Gunbroker.  It gets logged into only when Im using it which is about once every few months
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:43:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Enough with Paypal already. They SUCK, cancel your account and tell them why!! Anti-Gun Liberals!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top