Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 3:38:41 AM EDT
The dog and I were in the backyard last night about 10pm when a cop pulled a motorist over in front of my home. Apparently, the motorist bailed and ran. Of course, the dipshit deceided to run through my back yard. He made on TOP of my chain link fence before the dog saw him. She put on her mean dog face and the guy jumped back off the fence, giving officer snuffy time to tackle his ass. This all happened in a matter of seconds, but it seemed like slow motion to me....as I was unarmed.
 Afterwards, I considered all the possibilities that could have happened, including the runner entering my home, either to hide or in search of weapons.

My first reaction was to place IED's around my home, however that may cause liability issues.
Perhaps razorwire is the answer....I hate living in town!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:46:16 AM EDT
[#1]
the dog did it's job...what more did you need?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:54:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:54:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Steak-time for Ms. Fido.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:55:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

What more do I need? How about intersecting lines of fire, Claymores and several strands of constantina wire! I can't have these no hablo sun's a bitches running through my property. Eventually one will come through that is REALLY desperate...no telling how far it may go. I have the god given right to not be fearful on my own property...
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:01:05 AM EDT
[#5]
You mean you don`t have those yet?.  No wonder your handle is Slacker.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:09:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Steak-time for Ms. Fido.

Hell yeah, and get home some JD to wash it down. Not the cheap stuff either, blue label for fido.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:11:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Automated machine gun turrets every 10 feet, plus motion detection activated C4 charges on the peremiter. Land mines! Oh land mines, at least 3 per square yard, can't be too sure.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:18:52 AM EDT
[#8]
CWIS emplacements at the corners of your property, and a moat, don't forget the moat...filled with sharks, that's it...sharks with lasers on their heads.

Seriously, sounds like your puppy did her job, time for her to get a nice big steak and a hug.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:25:36 AM EDT
[#9]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

_________________________________________________________________________________

What more do I need? How about intersecting lines of fire, Claymores and several strands of constantina wire! I can't have these no hablo sun's a bitches running through my property. Eventually one will come through that is REALLY desperate...no telling how far it may go. I have the god given right to not be fearful on my own property...

sounds like you are pretty fearful the way you discribe it. so I'm not sure anything you do will relieve your fearfulness.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:29:27 AM EDT
[#10]
WTF you mean the 220 volt fence didn't knock him out?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:39:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Why did you not have a pistol on you is the real question.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:52:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:59:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Allways carry a fighting knife at all times, even in your own backyard. Am I the only one who carries a work knife and a fight knife 24/7 ? Go right away to PetsMart for a stocking full of goodies for your faithful dog. Good Dog ( petting) Good dog, repeat often.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:07:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Had you been packing and the intruder made it over the fence, both you and your dog would be dead now. The perp would still be running, and we would be arguing over the officer's 'good shoot'.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:08:24 AM EDT
[#15]
I always keep our doors locked when we are inside, be it day or night. Plus I always keep some type of firearm in a convenient place. It's a good thing the perp got caught.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:12:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I always keep our doors locked when we are inside, be it day or night. Plus I always keep some type of firearm in a convenient place. It's a good thing the perp got caught.

We had a rash of home invasions in a nearby town and I really got serious about keeping the doors locked at all times.  Tried to convince my sisters but the older one don't get it.  She definitely has the 'it won't happen to me' syndrome .
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:18:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The dog and I were in the backyard last night about 10pm when a cop pulled a motorist over in front of my home. Apparently, the motorist bailed and ran. Of course, the dipshit deceided to run through my back yard. He made on TOP of my chain link fence before the dog saw him. She put on her mean dog WAR face and the guy jumped back off the fence, giving officer snuffy time to tackle his ass. This all happened in a matter of seconds, but it seemed like slow motion to me....as I was unarmed.
 Afterwards, I considered all the possibilities that could have happened, including the runner entering my home, either to hide or in search of weapons.

My first reaction was to place IED's around my home, however that may cause liability issues.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:19:20 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:23:12 AM EDT
[#19]
This thread is worthless without pics of your pooch.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:30:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
This thread is worthless without pics of your pooch.

I agree.  You aught to show us that bitch ... please .  She did a good job.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:33:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I have the god given right to not be fearful on my own property...

According to SCOTUS, noone "owns property".

=(
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:36:26 AM EDT
[#22]
A friend of mine in California had the parking lot of a not so nice motel on the other side of her back yard fence. After a couple instances of finding footprints in her back yard, she planted Bouganvillia(sp) plants along the fence. It's organic razor wire. It grows fast and can have 1.5 inch thorns on it. Best of all it's attractive landscaping which doesn't carry the liability of razor wire. You may want to see if it'll grow in your area. BTW, nobody went over the fence after it was established. She did see some blood on the fence from time to time.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:54:17 AM EDT
[#23]
You need the PBPDS(tm)*. This ensures that not only does the offender make it into your yard, but ensures he never makes it out!

Our revolutionary system consists of 7 foot block walls, a common, high pressure misting system, a container of gravy, and the core of the system, the PBPD(tm)*.

Step one, our courteous and professional installation staff will make sure that the outside of your wall appears to only be a normal 5 and a half foot cinder block wall, but on the inside, the ground to safety distance is actually a minimum of 7.

Step two, we install our inline gravy feed, motion detector activated solenoid valves, and dispensing nozzles.

Step three, we set up our patented "Come and get it" Alarm, consisting of the sound of a can of dog food being opened.

Step four, we install the heart of our system, the PBPD(tm). The Pit Bull Property Defense system is capable of securing even the largest homes.

Here's how it works;

Sneaky bad guy sees your luxurious manse, and scales the (what appears to him) inadequate wall. Our motion detectors trip the solenoids and spray the intruder with gravy, serving both to confuse him and make him more palatable to the PBPD.

Just after the offender is hosed with our deliciously proprietary gravy, a loudspeaker broadcasts the sound of a can of dog food being opened, and Pavlovian response kicks in.

In the morning, simply call for an ambulance to collect what ever is left of the intruder, and rest assured that you've saved a good portion of the cost of the system in kibble.

PBPDS Inc not responsible for eaten crooks, cats, couches, neighbor kids looking for a shortcut, drunken idiots wanting to swim in your pool, and any other unseen possible Kibble Substitute...

*Pit Bull Property Defense System

GT

Good Doggie!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:01:39 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I carry my P99 on my hip about 80% of my waking hours on my property.

I'm not fearful at all.

Suggest ya try that
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:04:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:07:49 AM EDT
[#26]
I've had a similar thing happen to me some years back. Thank god I didn't have a woody
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:07:57 AM EDT
[#27]
how often do you have strangers sprinting through and around your backyard?

I agree with the safety precautions and awareness this has given you, but it sounds to me like a once in a decade kind of thing.  If it's more than that, time to start pricing U-Haul trucks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:17:34 AM EDT
[#28]
If anything, get another dog. Always good to have a back-up dog.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:27:58 AM EDT
[#29]

When I was in Mexico I noticed the houses had bars on the windows and fenced and gated front yards.

The America of Norman Rockwell is dead, so now we must adopt the same protective measures used by Mexican homeowners.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:31:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Try this approach.  I've seen it work in court.

Place a fence charger and wire along the top of your privacy fence. As high as possible. Get a GOOD one, the kind buffalo ranchers use.

Tell all the neighbors it's too keep the dog in since he has a habit of jumping the fence.

Of course,  you'd NEVER have thought it was possible to fry a human being like a lizard with the thing.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:38:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Jesus Christ you guys gotta lighten up. You gotta spend more time with criminals. They really are'nt that bad. You got all types, most are harmless. Just can't trust'em is all. So this guy decided to try and ditch from the man, big whoop. That kinda stuff happens all the time here in NY. Even done it myself a few times........SHHHH, dont tell anyone. I have learned to sharpen my E&E skills a lot from that. And remember it's not how fast you are it's "line of sight" and offering the persuer "mulitple options" Like a four way road or a apartment complex.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:44:03 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
If anything, get another dog. Always good to have a back-up dog.

+1

Primary and back-up dog units.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:11:31 AM EDT
[#33]
When I go out on my property I am usually armed.

The dogs have been trained by my wife and myself if one of us draws a weapon,they will run behind us and sit down.

They will however immediatly attack if commanded.

They will also become aggressive if shots are fired.

Picked up a thing or two from military working dog handlers overseas some years back[hard rubber ball training].

Never know what might wander up these days.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Steak-time for Ms. Fido.

Hell yeah, and get home some JD to wash it down. Not the cheap stuff either, blue label for fido.

+1

Good doggie
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:23:41 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Steak-time for Ms. Fido.

+1

Good doggie

YOU SHOULD HAVE DRAWN DOWN!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:34:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Well since my driveway is 920 ft long I would have time to deciede..7.62 or 5.56

Or I could just have my dogs lick him to death

FREE
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:35:22 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
The dog and I were in the backyard last night about 10pm when a cop pulled a motorist over in front of my home. Apparently, the motorist bailed and ran. Of course, the dipshit deceided to run through my back yard. He made on TOP of my chain link fence before the dog saw him. She put on her mean dog face and the guy jumped back off the fence, giving officer snuffy time to tackle his ass. This all happened in a matter of seconds, but it seemed like slow motion to me....as I was unarmed.

I found the problem!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top