Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 1:49:22 AM EDT
[rant]

WTF is the deal with the SHEEPLE MSM complaining about the lifting of the restrictions on airline carryon items?  One guy hods up a pair of scissors and says this can make a good weapon..... the spokesperson says... so are my fists, or your tie if I grab it!

Airline flight attendant union reps are telling their members to bring theor own scissors to carry while on the job?

If I recall correctly, the terrorists on 9/11 used the box cutters and CLAIMED to have had bombs.  and were simple hi-jakcings.  Once the third plane found out the planes where being used as kamakazee attacks, they fought against the "hi-jackers".  We've had several incidents now where people act up on a plan and get their ass handed to them (or worse) cause people no longer think that they'll "just be delayed by a hi-jacking"....that they might end up like 9/11.

I don't believe 9/11 can happen again. That cat is out of the bag... the tactic is not going to be successful again, and the airlines DO need to focus on searching for the "bigger" problem, bombs and such.

99% of the items that were blocked from planes, would have been useless as weapons against people willing to fight for their lives. Nail clippers, knitting needles, etc.  It was all about "feel good" and I give the Transit Authority a +1 for rethinking the whole thing.

[/rant]

No Expert
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top