Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 5:35:51 PM EDT
What's the latest they deliver stuff?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Till there done, and the truck is empty.

I got something delivered about 9pm last week.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I've gotten stuff as late as 9pm before. I think officially they only work 8 to 8 though.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:51:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks
I'm tracking a package I shipped and it's still out for delivery. I hope it's not a business.
I also must have a good driver because she always delivers the stuff between 3-4PM
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a lot of stuff delivered to my residence via UPS.  Usual time for delivery is between 11:00a and noon.  With the holidays and more packages, my typical delivery time is much later.  Got a package at 7:30p the other night.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#5]
At work when the retard is delivering our packages show up at 4:15 or so. Sometime the guy picking up for end of day beats the guy dropping shit off. I hate UPS !!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks
I'm tracking a package I shipped and it's still out for delivery. I hope it's not a business.
I also must have a good driver because she always delivers the stuff between 3-4PM

I am getting 20 calls a day from customers wondering where their packages are  you track them and they are out for delvery  on the truck  meanwhile customer calls back at 6 7 8 PM  still no package, it shows up the next day or the day after next
ground seems to be running 7-10 days instead of the normal 3-5
this has been the worst year UPSwise i can remember
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a package yesterday at 8:00 pm.

My old driver delivered at 4:30 +/- about 5 minutes no matter the weather or holiday or whatever. This new guy, the third since the other retired, gets here anytime between 2:00 and "after 7:00" as his notes say.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Delivered on:  Dec 22, 2005 8:54 P.M.  

Delivered to:   TEXAS CITY, TX, US  
Shipped or Billed on:  Dec 19, 2005  

Tracking Number:    
Service Type:  GROUND  
Weight:  13.10 Lbs  

Package Progress:

Date/
Time  Location  Activity

Dec 22, 2005
8:54 P.M.    
LA MARQUE, TX, US    
DELIVERY  
4:30 A.M.    LA MARQUE, TX, US    OUT FOR DELIVERY  
3:00 A.M.    LA MARQUE, TX, US    ARRIVAL SCAN  
Dec 21, 2005
5:05 P.M.    
HOUSTON, TX, US    
DEPARTURE SCAN  
2:00 A.M.    HOUSTON, TX, US    ARRIVAL SCAN  
Dec 20, 2005
2:49 A.M.    
EAGAN, MN, US    
DEPARTURE SCAN  
Dec 19, 2005
11:07 P.M.    
EAGAN, MN, US    
ARRIVAL SCAN  
9:30 P.M.    ROCHESTER, MN, US    DEPARTURE SCAN  
5:26 P.M.    ROCHESTER, MN, US    ORIGIN SCAN  
3:17 P.M.    US    BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:44:55 PM EDT
[#9]
2:00

They brought me a Yugo M48 Mauser, 500 rds of ammo, a fruit basket and a bunch of Omaha steaks at 2:00 today.  

If you didn't get your package at the usual 2:00, I'm sure you'll never see it.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:45:56 PM EDT
[#10]
In north Alabama the driver pulls out of the terminal at 09:00. he will run untill he is empty or has tried to deliver them all.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#11]
My UPS package came about 8pm tonight...
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:58:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I am getting 20 calls a day from customers wondering where their packages are  you track them and they are out for delvery  on the truck  meanwhile customer calls back at 6 7 8 PM  still no package, it shows up the next day or the day after next

This is because its Christmas season and e-commerce has taken off.  These UPS drivers are busting their asses this time of year.    My dad is a UPS driver and I'm lucky if I see him before 9pm.  They've cut his route by at least one third of what it normally is, but he's doing twice the volume of packages.  Even with a helper,  he's not even been able to take a lunch break until almost 8pm.   The local hub has had enough work to put 5 more routes out there,  but doesn't have the manpower for it.

Although it may suck to have to wait a few extra days to get your package,  I guess this is a sign that the economy is doing a better.  That or we're all just a bunch of morons going into massive debt due to the commercialization of Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is because its Christmas season and e-commerce has taken off.  These UPS drivers are busting their asses this time of year.    My dad is a UPS driver and I'm lucky if I see him before 9pm.  They've cut his route by at least one third of what it normally is, but he's doing twice the volume of packages.  Even with a helper,  he's not even been able to take a lunch break until almost 8pm.   The local hub has had enough work to put 5 more routes out there,  but doesn't have the manpower for it.

Although it may suck to have to wait a few extra days to get your package,  I guess this is a sign that the economy is doing a better.  That or we're all just a bunch of morons going into massive debt due to the commercialization of Christmas.

I realize both facts and i am a e-seller but christmas does not happen in a vacuum and  e commerce has been increasing for years and has not made some huge jump just this year
It seems like they really dropped the ball compared to the last couple holiday seasons
I agree with  you and hate the commercialztion of chrstmas but i will sure grab my piece of  it

[gumby] MERRY CHRISTMAS DAMMIT[/gumby]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Got stuff at 9 and 10pm before, happens when someone calls out
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#15]
11pm and I am still waiting for the DAMNED BROWN POS VAN

Ahhhhhhhh!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#16]
and they are not afraid to call people past 11pm and wake them out of a perfectly good "im buzzed and Im falling asleep now" phase to ask them what their address is to confirm why the delivery man said "no such deliverable address"

How do i know? just happened 3 minutes ago...
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#17]
If it is this late, do they just leave it on the front porch or deliver it tommorow?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:40:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I saw something tonight that I've never seen before:

In my neighborhood, a full-size UPS delivery van/truck pulling a UPS two-axle trailer, delivering to residential homes.

I bet they're busy tonight.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#20]

I had something show up at my door tonight at about 10:20pm.  Latest I'd ever seen.  That dude look like he'd run about 3 marathons today.  I'm sure with the silly season in full swing they are bustin ass trying to keep up.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#21]
All the more reason why I have my stuff shipped to my work address.

We have a daily UPS drop off(no later than 11am) and pickup(between 4 and 5pm)
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:51:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Rescheduled Delivery:  Dec 27, 2005  

Shipped to:   MIAMI, FL, US  
Shipped or Billed on:  Dec 20, 2005  

Service Type:  3 DAY SELECT  

Im pissed, it was supposed to come in the 23rd and was out for delivery the 23rd!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:06:06 AM EDT
[#23]
There might be a chance that it gets delivered on Saturday.

Some centers are doing "super saturday" to try and get air and anything that looks like it might be a christmas present delivered.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
What's the latest they deliver stuff?

Oh, from my latest experience, about 4 days late.  Those bungholes scheduled my package to arrive yesterday.  When it didn't arrive, I found out they were going to be delivering it next Tuesday instead of the scheduled day.  After speaking with 3 of their reps and getting no results, I'm a little beside myself.  And the icing on the cake?  They don't honor their guarantee during the Holidays.  What can Brown do for you?  Yes, what indeed?

Use USPS.  They delivered a package from my sister today.  It was sent 4 days later and arrived and it arrived 4 days earlier, and that's if they deliver on the "rescheduled" date from UPS.  UPS is the cat's balls.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top