[#1]
No! IBTP!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#2]
ummmmmm. Like your supposed to
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#3]
With as much noise as possible!

That way i scare everyone for miles away!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#4]
slingshot
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I do it any number of ways depending on what exactly I'm doing.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:30:44 PM EDT
[#7]
the proper way
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:31:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Is that what the kids are calling it these days?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:31:19 PM EDT
[#9]
The question of this thread is screaming for a BOTD violation...
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I just have my GF do it for me.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Grasp slide with thumb and fore finger while holding gun sideways
Also, I dont pull back on the slide, I hold the slide in place while pushing forward against the frame. Its easier to push the frame than pull the slide due to your arm's muscle structure.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#12]
From the rear with thumb and forefinger., while pushing forward with my right hand and pulling to the rear with my left.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#13]
You left mine out of the poll. You had one method that was similar.

Rip and tear baby. Hand over the top of the slide, thumb pointing toward body, meaty part of hand covering half of the slide, and four fingers on the other side. Then the pistol is pushed forward with firing hand, and pulled back with the other hand.

It's the same thing for reloads, malfunctions, or just charging the pistol.

I honestly think that this is the most effective/efficient way to go.

Now I'll sit back and listen to the old timers tell me about how much faster it is to use the slide release, even though it can cause a failure to feed by being weaker. Also you have to operate a button. There is a verified story about an SF guy in Afghanistan that hit the mag release button accidentally instead of his slide release in combat.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:47:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't think this is a question that one guy should be asking another guy.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:48:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Rip and tear baby. Hand over the top of the slide, thumb pointing toward body, meaty part of hand covering half of the slide, and four fingers on the other side. Then the pistol is pushed forward with firing hand, and pulled back with the other hand.

Now I'll sit back and listen to the old timers tell me about how much faster it is to use the slide release, even though it can cause a failure to feed by being weaker. Also you have to operate a button. There is a verified story about an SF guy in Afghanistan that hit the mag release button accidentally instead of his slide release in combat.

Actually this is the proper way to rack because you are using gross motor skills rather than fine motor skills (grasping with thumb and forefinger).  In the adrenaline rush of a gunfight you will lose some fine motor skills.   Practice the  way you will fight.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#16]
My slide racks itself with a lot of "click clack" noises every time I draw down one someone.  Just like in the movies..
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Palm on the left side of the slide, four fingers on the right, thumb is not used. This is how Gunsite taught me and it works well for me.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

this is correct way

I'm not sure which option this corresponds with in the poll
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:53:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

+1

Only one way to train for the most flexibility.  I never use the slide release
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:56:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

That is the correct way. The poll is missing the only right option  

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

this is correct way

I'm not sure which option this corresponds with in the poll

none of them
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Palm on the left side of the slide, four fingers on the right, thumb is not used. This is how Gunsite taught me and it works well for me.

+1, minus gunsight. I do not use the release button ever.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Actually this is the proper way to rack because you are using gross motor skills rather than fine motor skills (grasping with thumb and forefinger).  In the adrenaline rush of a gunfight you will lose some fine motor skills.   Practice the  way you will fight.

What the hell do you know about it, Ruger GP100 (revolver) boy?
j/k................. how's the 1911 working out for you?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#24]
from the rear
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What the hell do you know about it, Ruger GP100 (revolver) boy?
j/k................. how's the 1911 working out for you?

Better than yours from what I hear
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#26]
I show it a picture of Chuck Norris, and it racks itself!

Actually, I use the palm/four fingers method on the HK and Beretta, slingshot on the Makarov, because it's so small I can't get my meathooks around the top of the slide.

TRIGGER FINGER OUTSIDE THE MOTHERFUCKING TRIGGER GUARD!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top