Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/22/2005 3:50:17 PM EDT
When I was a kid,our bus driver would make it a point to run over dead animals on the road. The other day my wife got mad at me for purposely hitting a dead possum. Anybody else go out of their way to hit a dead animal?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you mentally stable
Sounds like you have issues
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#2]

No.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:53:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I once wanted to run over an already road-killed rabbit when I just got my license, but I quickly moved out of the way because I didn't want rotting guts on my car.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Not a very safe thing to do.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#6]
nope
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:57:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
When I was a kid,our bus driver would make it a point to run over dead animals on the road. The other day my wife got mad at me for purposely hitting a dead possum. Anybody else go out of their way to hit a dead animal?

"No Tom, it appears the Driver was not under the influence but actually trying to hit an already dead animal. The driver is now said to me in critical condition at the local hospital."
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I help get 10-80's up some weekends for the OT.

Drivers follow too close to another vehicle to see what the vehicle in front of them swerves to miss. That helps flatten them out too, trust me.

Ever seen a flying dead possum? I have.

Danny

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I help get 10-80's up some weekends for the OT.

Drivers follow too close to another vehicle to see what the vehicle in front of them swerves to miss. That helps flatten them out too, trust me.

Ever seen a flying dead possum? I have.

Danny

happend to me once when i just got my DL.

Learned real quick to give space between cars.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I did hit a dead cat by accident once. I couldnt really move out of the way so I tried to miss it barely and stay safe. I was a little nervouse because my then girlfriend was a huge cat lover and she was already upset at seeing the dead cat.

I pass over it and I end up hitting it. Not only did I hit it dead on, the thing flipped up into the wheel well and was getting tossed arounf like a pair of shoes in a dryer. It went on for about a block before if must have fallen apart of something. I must say ther experience was quite difficult to handle.

On one hand I felt bad and on the other I wanted to bust out laughing at the situation. My girlfriend was hyperventilating.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Hitting dead ones is to easy, live ones are much more challenging . So far I have 2 deer, 1 wild hog, a buzzard, a few dogs and cats, a huge gopher turtle with a boat trailer, and an uncountable amount or armadillos, squirrels and opossums. The deer, hog, and dogs ran out in front of me and I had no choice but the others I just refuse to swerve or brake much for, I'm not wrecking to avoid an animal. No pleasure involved (I did take the deer home and clean them, tasted good) but I have paid out a $100 deductible on more than a few occasions.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:05:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Are you mentally stable
Sounds like you have issues

Did you read my sig line? I just wanted you to know.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:06:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I never go out of my way to run over roadkill but if it happens to be in my way..sure  why not.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I once wanted to run over an already road-killed rabbit when I just got my license, but I quickly moved out of the way because I didn't want rotting guts on my car.

It's not that bad. After several miles or so,it dries out enough to were you don't really notice.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Not a very safe thing to do.

"Shut up Dale!"
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I did hit a dead cat by accident once. I couldnt really move out of the way so I tried to miss it barely and stay safe. I was a little nervouse because my then girlfriend was a huge cat lover and she was already upset at seeing the dead cat.

I pass over it and I end up hitting it. Not only did I hit it dead on, the thing flipped up into the wheel well and was getting tossed arounf like a pair of shoes in a dryer. It went on for about a block before if must have fallen apart of something. I must say ther experience was quite difficult to handle.

On one hand I felt bad and on the other I wanted to bust out laughing at the situation. My girlfriend was hyperventilating.

Holy crap thats hilarious!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:08:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Once. I was in junior high and hit a cat that had been cooking in the AZ summer sun with my bicycle. It was NOT a good decision. I will attest that it takes a LONG LONG LONG time for that smell to go away...

I have seen skunks get demolished under the tires of the gravel trucks in my area...

ETA: my method of transport!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Hitting dead ones is to easy, live ones are much more challenging . So far I have 2 deer, 1 wild hog, a buzzard, a few dogs and cats, a huge gopher turtle with a boat trailer, and an uncountable amount or armadillos, squirrels and opossums. The deer, hog, and dogs ran out in front of me and I had no choice but the others I just refuse to swerve or brake much for, I'm not wrecking to avoid an animal. No pleasure involved (I did take the deer home and clean them, tasted good) but I have paid out a $100 deductible on more than a few occasions.

Too bad you didn't live in TN,it's legal to eat 'em if you hit 'em. YUM!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:10:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Once. I was in junior high and hit a cat that had been cooking in the AZ summer sun with my bicycle. It was NOT a good decision. I will attest that it takes a LONG LONG LONG time for that smell to go away...

I have seen skunks get demolished under the tires of the gravel trucks in my area...

ETA: my method of transport!

Neat!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#20]
No, why risk getting dead animal parts into the nether regions of your car and also damaging your car
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:15:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
No, why risk getting dead animal parts into the nether regions of your car and also damaging your car

This thread isn't to be taken seriously.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you need a smilie in your orginal post then
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Just snakes, it's always good to make sure they are dead
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Just snakes, it's always good to make sure they are dead

Aim for the head at least, we have a guy here in town that pays $2.50 a foot for dead rattlesnakes that aren't too mangled, that = beer money
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I have only ever wanted to run over live idiots.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#26]
No they are slippery.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#27]
no

i already have enough junk (mud) under my chasis
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:47:59 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you need a smilie in your orginal post then

Oh yeah. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I have only ever wanted to run over live idiots.

You and me both!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:49:07 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
No they are slippery.

How true! Especially the fresh ones!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Nah, I don't want that crap in my tire treeads.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:51:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Coondog, your doing some serious post whoring tonight.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#33]
I used to do it with my'99 F-350, now that I got a new truck I don't do it anymore.

-Dan.

Don't hit the bloated ones!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Nope.... I just yell out "roadkill" like me and my buddies used to do...annoys my wife.

No Expert
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:58:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#36]
I often run over dead cats. It disguises the bullet holes.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:02:49 PM EDT
[#37]
No, but I always want to run over an allready alive animal, when I can.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Coondog, your doing some serious post whoring tonight.

Doing my best.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I do it all the time--it's good practice.  

You and h8mtv need to come on down to TN. We'll have us a good 'ole time!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:06:34 PM EDT
[#40]
My Buddy ran over a dead armadillion in his open topped jeep with no doors on it and it popped like a water balloon and sprayed him with rotten armadillio guts, and sence he had his mouth open he began to throw up on himself, still driving down the road at 55mph.  Needless to say he doesn't run over them anymore.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Dave Butz would drive around until he found a dead animal the run over before he went to the stadium on game days.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:11:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
My Buddy ran over a dead armadillion in his open topped jeep with no doors on it and it popped like a water balloon and sprayed him with rotten armadillio guts, and sence he had his mouth open he began to throw up on himself, still driving down the road at 55mph.  Needless to say he doesn't run over them anymore.

When I was a kid a friend and I found a dead cow. It was all bloated and laying in the creek. My buddy and I decided that it'd be fun to take a running jump on it. It didn't spray, but a racoon ran out of it's asshole.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I do it all the time--it's good practice.  

You and h8mtv need to come on down to TN. We'll have us a good 'ole time!

City folks don't realize there are NO limits on the populations of vermin--fur prices crashed 20+ years ago.  Distemper and rabies aren't common enough to accomplish squat.  Rabbit and quail populations have suffered tremendously--it's not even worth feeding hounds or pointers any more.  I haven't seen a pheasant in five years or more--in central Illinois where they used to be thick.  Something has to be done--so I do what I can with the tires of my truck.  <shrug>

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Did you see my thread on a certain Ford truck? Another perfect road kill vehicle!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#45]
in high school/collage when we would see a dead coon or simaler sizes dead thing, and we had a car full of people, we would yell SPEED BUMP! and hit them..

1 time he was real ripe and bloated.. it exploded all under the car.. it was freaking nasty.. we were driving down the street with all 4 doors open trying to get the stink out and not throw up..

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When I was a kid a friend and I found a dead cow. It was all bloated and laying in the creek. My buddy and I decided that it'd be fun to take a running jump on it. It didn't spray, but a racoon ran out of it's asshole.

NO WAY!!! Damn,thats funny!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
in high school/collage when we would see a dead coon or simaler sizes dead thing, and we had a car full of people, we would yell SPEED BUMP! and hit them..

1 time he was real ripe and bloated.. it exploded all under the car.. it was freaking nasty.. we were driving down the street with all 4 doors open trying to get the stink out and not throw up..

Those are always the good ones!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:23:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO WAY!!! Damn,thats funny!

Ass-coons are a menace.  

hee hee hee
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#50]
nope, but I've been known to punt a possum offa the road when I'm riding my bike.

MLW>"<
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top