Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 3:40:02 PM EDT
I'll probably get flamed to shit but...I ran across this little bit of humor.

Take a look at your own risk.

NOT WORK OR FAMILY SAFE.

Christians might want to just not look.

You have been warned.

For the rest of us sick bastards, it's kinda funny!

www.e-sheep.com/Saturnalia/
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:43:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I got as far as the santa with horns and giant ding-dong before my constitution gave out.

Sheep
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:59:52 PM EDT
[#2]
People should not be offended by the truth, in colonial times christmass was outlawed by the "blue laws" christmass has much in common with halloween.

They left out the sun dying upon the cross.

every day the shadow of a sun dial moves one degree but when viewed on the winter summer solstice and spring fall equinox it forms a cross and each year from december 25th the sun's shadow does not move, so it is believed that the sun dies upon the cross and then is made alive on the third day when it begins to move again.

The actual birth of Christ was 3 BC sept. 11 on the feast of trumpets.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:05:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

What time was it?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What time was it?

Odd that it was on Sept. 11...
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What time was it?

Odd that it was on Sept. 11...

It wasn't - or rather, it's no more likely that it was September 11 in 3 BC than that it was May 2, 4 AD. It probably wasn't 122501, but no human - however categorically he speaks -  knows the actual date.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Christ was born in the warm time of the year.  Either spring or summer cause the animals were out grazing in the night.  In the cold parts of the year they'd have been in the stables at night.

The winter solstice or Saturnalia is nothing more than sun worship.  The exact same silly crap you'll see on temple walls in Peru, Egypt and in caves of Europe.  Pagans in the Bible were always sun worshipers with their gods haveing different names like molech.  It all came down to sun worship though.  

I hate that x-mas smacks of winter solstice icons.  It was a mistake made by the early church to incorperate the pagans.  Christ NEVER commanded us to celebrate his birth rather celebrate his resurrection and life....something we should all look forward too rather than looking backwards at human birth.  Sure it's a great time to get togather with family but it's so over shadowed by pagan customs and rituals to be anything Christian.  There were so many feasts and festivals God invented that point towards our spiritual salvation it's silly.  If we celebrated them we'd see better his plan because those celebrations were designed for us to understand the coming Christ and Gods plan for us.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Christ was born in the warm time of the year.  Either spring or summer cause the animals were out grazing in the night.  In the cold parts of the year they'd have been in the stables at night.

The winter solstice or Saturnalia is nothing more than sun worship.  The exact same silly crap you'll see on temple walls in Peru, Egypt and in caves of Europe.  Pagans in the Bible were always sun worshipers with their gods haveing different names like molech.  It all came down to sun worship though.  

I hate that x-mas smacks of winter solstice icons.  It was a mistake made by the early church to incorperate the pagans.  Christ NEVER commanded us to celebrate his birth rather celebrate his resurrection and life....something we should all look forward too rather than looking backwards at human birth.  Sure it's a great time to get togather with family but it's so over shadowed by pagan customs and rituals to be anything Christian.  There were so many feasts and festivals God invented that point towards our spiritual salvation it's silly.  If we celebrated them we'd see better his plan because those celebrations were designed for us to understand the coming Christ and Gods plan for us.  

Good to see another Easter man! Christmas has never been a big favorite of mine. I think the materialism that accompanies it is more pernicious than any theological error involved in the mere commemoration (which IMO should be about as big a deal celebration-wise as the Feast of the Transfiguration or Ascension). IIRC, the only celebration He actually commanded is the Eucharist.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:44:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What time was it?

aprprox. 5:30 Pm

you might consider reading further on it.

Over 600 planetariums around the world have been showing the new discoveries recorded in this 280 page book. This research not only identifies what the real star of the Wise Men was, it also reveals from the Bible the exact date and time of day (within an hour and a half) of when Jesus was born. This surprising information comes directly from the New Testament (with the application of the science of astronomy). The research is backed up with extensive reference to Roman and Jewish historical records and gives the essential astronomical data that can make the New Testament account of the birth of Jesus to be very understandable and also majestic beyond compare. There were planetary conjunctions that happened in the heavens in the period when Jesus was born (3 to 2 BC) about which modern astronomers have expressed awe and astonishment. This is one book that all people interested in science and the Bible should have. It is easy to read and understand.

This volume has potential readers among those interested in astronomy, astrology, early Roman history, mainline Christianity, students of Bible Chronology and Prophecy, religious teachers and university professors.

www.askelm.com/books/book003.htm

www.askelm.com/video/real/xmas_star.swf
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:51:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Good to see another Easter man!

Well actualy, I dont celebrate easter either.
I've found that easter shares the same mating/fertility rituals that pagans celebrate.  I believe Christ rose at sundown saturday, not friday.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:00:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
...Christmas has never been a big favorite of mine. I think the materialism that accompanies it is more pernicious than any theological error involved in the mere commemoration...

+1

Half the Christmas cards I got were actually sale flyers. At least when Jesus saves he gets more than 15%.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good to see another Easter man!

Well actualy, I dont celebrate easter either.
I've found that easter shares the same mating/fertility rituals that pagans celebrate.  I believe Christ rose at sundown saturday, not friday.

Ummm. You're the only person on Earth who thinks he rose on Saturday. Nobody thinks he rose on Friday.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:31:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
People should not be offended by the truth, in colonial times christmass was outlawed by the "blue laws" christmass has much in common with halloween.

They left out the sun dying upon the cross.

every day the shadow of a sun dial moves one degree but when viewed on the winter summer solstice and spring fall equinox it forms a cross and each year from december 25th the sun's shadow does not move, so it is believed that the sun dies upon the cross and then is made alive on the third day when it begins to move again.

What a fucking weirdo.  Lay off the JD.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#14]
welcome to 1996.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I Believe This is Laughable
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Very poor Imitation of Christ Jesus, try again.

Luke 6 -[27] But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
[28] Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very poor Imitation of Christ Jesus, try again.

Luke 6 -[27] But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
[28] Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top