Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 12:06:32 PM EDT
Fuck.....these goddamn talking heads...he's the worst...I know he's from Mississippi but what is this thing with these people trying to sound like they have a South Louisiana accent when they're doing a story on the hurricanes. If I'm talking about the great Tea Party..I don't say..Booaaaston...fuck!!!

damn reporters
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:07:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to new orleans.  EVERYONE pronounces it nawlins.  It's a deep bayou southern thing.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#2]

I wish Sheperd Smith would stop

That's all that was needed.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe he spent quite a bit of time there.   He seems to think of it as a second home.   It doesn't bother me how he pronounces it.  It seems like he cares...unlike many of his ilk.  

I like Shep.  He is damn funny.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Go to new orleans.  EVERYONE pronounces it nawlins.  It's a deep bayou southern thing.

I grew up around New Orleans and Baton Rouge....I have not once, heard a local say "Nawlins"
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#5]
That's because it's pronounced "Nawlins".  Anyone who says "New Ore-Leeens" ain't from around here.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:20:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I grew up around New Orleans and Baton Rouge....I have not once, heard a local say "Nawlins"

That's all I've ever heard locals call it.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:05:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must have been deaf then... 95% of the people aound the city say it that way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top