Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 10:28:53 AM EDT
I know they don't have the memory effects like the others, but I can't remember if you need to fully discharge it when new and then fully charge it again a few times?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:39:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I've seen it recommended both ways for Li-Ion batteries.  They are made to be trickle charged, unlike a NiCad or NiMH, it is fine to leave them in the charger, and continually top them off.  What should never be done is run them dry, and leave them dry.  That can cause premature failure.

In my expirience, I let it charge overnight, and then just start using it as normal.  Also, as opposed to charge/discharge cycles for lifetime, Li-Ion batteries seem to just age with use, and when they drop off in holding a charge it is sudden, and not slowly over time.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:48:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Do Not deep drain them.

you will ruin them.

What kin d of LiPoly batteries are these an cell phone, RC Heli, car.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:50:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Type slower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top