Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 9:13:12 AM EDT
Action:  Stupid asshat trying to extort money from the gooberment.

Consequence:  No kids will ever get a chance to slide down a pole ever again.

(IMHO)

www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-pole22.html

Student sues over injury from sliding down fire pole

December 22, 2005

BY STEVE PATTERSON Staff Reporter

It was a field trip to a fire station and students got to slide down the fire pole.

But the mother of one student says her daughter's feet and legs were injured when she hit the floor, and now they're suing for negligence.

Denise Troche filed the suit Wednesday against Our Lady of Victory Catholic School and the Chicago Fire Department, claiming they didn't take precautions before her daughter descended the fire pole.

The school at 4442 N. Laramie Ave. sent students to the firehouse at 4701 N. Milwaukee in January.

Even though teachers and fire officials were nearby, the lawsuit said they "failed to properly supervise" her daughter as she came down the fire pole.

There was no soft landing and no spotter provided, it adds, calling such actions "reckless disregard for her safety" that resulted in "permanent injuries."

The lawsuit says Troche's daughter "will be hindered and prevented from attending to her usual duties and affairs of life" because of the injuries she suffered.

The lawsuit does not mention specific injuries. Neither Troche nor her attorney, David Heyer, could be reached.

The Rev. Christopher Doering, pastor of the church, said he was aware of the incident, but didn't know specifics and had not seen the lawsuit filed in Cook County Circuit Court.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:14:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Ironically the same thing happened last year to little Richard Cockburn...
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:17:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Wonder how old she was?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:20:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Asshats and Shitbag Laywers will(has) ruin(ed) this country.

Not a stab at all laywers, just the shitbag ones.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:21:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I wonder how fucking large this fatty assed fat ass was that she now has "permanent damage" to her legs from sliding down a pole.  Maybe her mom should slide down more pole to get that stick outa her ass.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#5]
We had fire poles in our playground when I was a kid.......

the world si going down the crapper faster than I woudl ahve ever thought
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Not enough information to make a judgment. How old was she? What was the situation? Shouldn't they have had a spotter for young kids?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:07:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey...think about it....this could seriously affect her job as a stripper if she can no longer do a pole dance.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:09:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Action:  Stupid asshat trying to extort money from the gooberment.

Consequence:  No kids will ever get a chance to slide down a pole ever again.

(IMHO)

+1
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:54:19 AM EDT
[#9]
How did she get hurt?  I see girls riding poles all the time, it just looks so natural
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
How did she get hurt?  I see girls riding poles all the time, it just looks so natural

And a Catholic school girl, no less!

Um, I gotta go check out the Jason280 thread in TF for a bit. Be right back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top