Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 7:51:02 AM EDT
My girlfriend just got bsck last night from Boston aparently she had to go up there because her aunt got murrdered by "BIG BIRD'S" groundskeeper.  She said that the family is at peace for her aunt but want to see justice served.  She told me that it is easy for them to feel this way due to the fact that her aunt was a social worker and she new what her aunt stands for and with this it is easy to move on and accept what has happened.  

I was so appoled when I heard this that I got sick.  I had been calling her all week and thought that maybe some thing happened to her baby.  Her son is only 3 weeks old and she is young. I hate the fact that there are sick people out there that would do something like this to someone as wonderful and caring as she was.

GOD REST HER SOUL.  
MAY GOD HAVE MURSEY ON THE MURDEROUS SOUL

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:55:52 AM EDT
[#1]
"Big Birds" Groundskeeper

can you explain exactly wtf that means?

Did her Aunt work on Sesame Street?

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:17:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:18:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Larry Bird's groundskeeper?

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:19:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm confused that someone with "sweety" in their nic has a girlfriend.

+1

Are we a little light in the loafers Tweak? Does he she wear the pants in the relationship?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Is this the story?

Link

Suspect charged with murder in Connecticut jogger's death

By Jim Kevlin, Associated Press Writer  |  December 21, 2005

DANIELSON, Conn. --A Plainfield man was charged Wednesday with capital felony, murder and felony murder in the death of a Woodstock jogger whose battered body was found on property owned by the performer who plays Big Bird on "Sesame Street."

Under the capital felony count, prosecutors can seek the death penalty or life in prison without parole for Scott Deojay, 36.

Deojay told police that he struck Judith Nilan, a 44-year-old middle school social worker, with his car by accident on Dec. 12 in Woodstock and panicked, according to an affidavit supporting the new charges against Deojay. State police said Deojay hid the body in an outbuilding on Caroll Spinney's property, where he worked as a caretaker.

Authorities arrested Deojay on a kidnapping charge on Dec. 13 in connection with Nilan's death and said Spinney was not involved.

State police dispute Deojay's story, saying in the affidavit that Nilan's injuries were inconsistent with being hit by a car. Authorities said the cause of death was blunt force injuries of the head and neck, and they ruled the case a homicide.

At a hearing at Danielson Superior Court on Wednesday, Deojay's bond was increased to $2 million and he was ordered to return to court on Feb. 15 for a probable cause hearing. He was previously held on $510,000 bond on the kidnapping charge.

It wasn't clear whether State's Attorney Patricia M. Froehlich will seek the death penalty. She issued a statement saying she intends to say nothing about the case outside the courtroom.

Deojay's lawyer, Public Defender Ramon Canning, said Nilan's injuries might have been inconsistent with being hit by a car but were not inconsistent with being run over by one.

"The state's allegations are simply wrong in this case," Canning said.

About a dozen of Nilan's relatives and friends, many tearful, attended the brief proceeding on Wednesday. Most declined to comment.

Cindy Stafford of Woodstock, a childhood friend of Nilan, said, "I'm looking for justice. I know that nothing can ever bring her back."

Nilan disappeared during an afternoon jog near her home. Her husband reported her missing.

An earlier police affidavit said Nilan's body was found bound, with her running pants partially pulled down, and that she appeared to have been beaten about the head.

Deojay told police he dragged Nilan into his car and drove to Spinney's property. When he couldn't carry the body up a folding staircase in the outbuilding, he tied a rope around her and used it to hoist her into the storage area, the affidavit says.

Canning said that explains the bound wrists and ankles and how her pants came down to her knees.

Canning said police added those details "because they want to be sensational" and said they should have described the investigation as a vehicular homicide with an attempt to hide the body.

In addition the new charges and kidnapping, Deojay is also charged with interfering with an emergency call and second-degree breach of peace. Police said he attempted suicide after he was interviewed by state troopers investigating Nilan's death, before he was arrested.

Deojay wasn't immediately charged with the murder counts because Connecticut and Massachusetts authorities had to work out a jurisdictional issue. Nilan's body was found on a part of Spinney's property that lies just over the state line in Southbridge, Mass. Massachusetts officials agreed to let Connecticut handle the murder charges.
© Copyright 2005 The New York Times Company

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top