Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 4:19:38 AM EDT
Remebering Bastogne.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:29:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I just finished watching Band of Brothers again and the last disc, the documentary. WOW. They really had some tough times, and are true heroes. You can't help but have an awe inspired respect for the gentlemen in that situation.  When Garnier and "Babe" were in the woods in Belgium where the battle took place later in the documentary you could tell they were choked up to say the least.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:34:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:40:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I guess I really need to see Band of Brothers.  I have only seen one episode.  Maybe I will buy it after Christmas.  Since I bought my Garand I have really been into WWII stuff.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:43:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:44:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I guess I really need to see Band of Brothers.  I have only seen one episode.  Maybe I will buy it after Christmas.  Since I bought my Garand I have really been into WWII stuff.

One of, if not the best TV series ever. I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:48:37 AM EDT
[#6]
"Battleground" is actually a better representation of the battle than
BoB.  Real good flick.

BTW:  Everyone knows that it wasn't just the 101st there, blowing up
Panzer IV and Vs with small arms, right?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top