Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 8:07:09 PM EDT
Yin-yang, good-bad, what goes up must come down.

Started thinking about what the world would look like if there were no Leftists - like, if they all got a brain and stopped wearing sandals, enjoying personal accountibility, rejecting Big Government, taking showers, etc.

Would Conservatives become soft if our way of life was not constantly under threat?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:42:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Now, then we'd eliminate the mushy middle.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Everything would be just right...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#3]
There'd be no news stations to tell us what our opinion is.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#4]
of course in a perfect world there would be no lefites
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#5]
The world would be just about perfect.  No violent crime, no bigotry, just financial corruption which I can deal with...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:52:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I think that's impossible if you think about it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:52:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Social Behavior Totalitarianism, that's what.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:57:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Social Behavior Totalitarianism, that's what.

+1
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:58:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Happy days and jubilation!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:59:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I was thinking that the quality of life is greatly enhanced - perhaps even created by struggle. You are constantly in a search to Make Things Better. You are always going to be thirsty, and seeking drink, frightened, and seeking comfort, horney, and seeking box, etc.

So if the Leftist Theologists (because Leftist thinking is what passes for religion in their world) suddenly became outmoded (as the Jim Crow racists did in the Deep South when I was a child), then wouldn't we become weak?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:01:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I was thinking that the quality of life is greatly enhanced - perhaps even created by struggle. You are constantly in a search to Make Things Better. You are always going to be thirsty, and seeking drink, frightened, and seeking comfort, horney, and seeking box, etc.

So if the Leftist Theologists (because Leftist thinking is what passes for religion in their world) suddenly became outmoded (as the Jim Crow racists did in the Deep South when I was a child), then wouldn't we become weak?

Most certainly. Then, in one fell swoop, another stronger force would take over.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most certainly. Then, in one fell swoop, another stronger force would take over.

A depressing, if indeed accurate, conclusion.

I guess that in a way we have to be happy to have the Leftomaniacs as our enemies, for our fight against them defines our happiness.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:50:07 AM EDT
[#13]
The elimination of the left isn't necessary.  We actually need a few to keep things in perspective and remind us of what we don't want to be.  

What should concern thinking Americans is the shear number of leftist, their vast propaganda machine that takes hold of pre K kids and doesn't let them go until the day they die and the fact that there are at least 48+ million of them in this country who seem to drift further left every single day!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:55:14 AM EDT
[#14]
To paraphrase, there will always be a Left.

Too bad now, the Dems have moved further left and the Bush Administration has moved left with them.

If all the Dems converted overnight, then we would just have to worry about the John McCains & Olympia Snows.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:56:23 AM EDT
[#15]
We Conservatives wouldn't have anyone to blame for the shape the country is in.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:59:36 AM EDT
[#16]
If you woke up tomorrow and the lefties went to France and the "mushy middle" departed for New Zealand, the remaining "Right" would then become the "Leftist wing of the Right", "The Right", and the "Loony Right" or some such subdivision. It's all relative.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:03:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Imagine there's no lefties, it's easy if you try...
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:19:04 AM EDT
[#18]
There would still be Left Leaning Right Wingers, Several post frequently here
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:20:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I smell a John Lennon song parody around here somewhere...

But seriously, if there was no political "left" the concept of the political "right" would have no meaning.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#20]
If there were no left there would be some that were considered not "right" enough.  I fear the left, as the left becomes less viable as a political party there will be a void that will be filled by the moderates.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:37:11 AM EDT
[#21]
I would do the bump!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#22]
87 percent of the MAMBY PAMBY members of this site would be gone!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 9:52:34 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Everything would be just right...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:17:41 AM EDT
[#24]
This whole Left right paradigm is bull crap anyway. It's cause of our lame two party system that people tend to see things in a black or white light. If you look at multi-party parlamentary systems it's much more interesting. So what would happen if all the so-called "leftists" dissappeared???
Well how about this, Libertarians Vs. Christian social faschists, like them beans??
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Actually the word right would still have meaning.  And it would be "Founding Fathers".  The lefties were "left" behind.  And now we know why.  Bastids!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#26]
You'd still be driving an American car that lasted exactly 5 years and there would be no internet for you to ponder stupid thoughts out loud with.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:55:18 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
This whole Left right paradigm is bull crap anyway. It's cause of our lame two party system that people tend to see things in a black or white light. If you look at multi-party parlamentary systems it's much more interesting. So what would happen if all the so-called "leftists" dissappeared???
Well how about this, Libertarians Vs. Christian social faschists, like them beans??

Quoted:
You'd still be driving an American car that lasted exactly 5 years and there would be no internet for you to ponder stupid thoughts out loud with.

I figured that it would only be so long before the Board Lefties® came out with their usual intelligent responses.

"Christian Social Fascists?" What the hell is that? Someone who rejects state-oriented fascism in exchange for church-oriented fascism? Hate to clue you in on this, t-stox, but The Church hasn't held sway in the Western world since the Scientific Method enabled the betterment of all mankind, and I would say that happened sometime in the very early 19th century. You're not afraid of that, are you?

And Duke, I'm *unsure* of what you are talking about with respect to the manufacturer of mine or anyone else's car... And while I'm delighted that a Board Lefty® would call my thoughts "stupid," I encourage you to elaborate in a less insulting and more enlightening fashion. In any case try to resist the urge to be a dipshit.

I think my question was viable - what would happen to the Conservative movement if the sandal-clad, tie-dyed patchoulite were to depart for Quebec or France, and leave Good Ol' Murka to the heathenous Redstaters?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Why, then you'd have the religious (far) right trying to tell you what to do
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top