Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 5:18:35 PM EDT
So.....

How are the DUm-DUm's taking this?

Recount Fails to Overturn VA. GOP Victory

I might screw up my Troll account over there!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:29:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Sucks to be Dem.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:35:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sucks to be Dem.

+ infinity
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:39:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually a lot of folks in the Virginia forum voted for Creigh Deeds, the Dem loser in this race. The NRA supported Deeds,though our grassroots organization pulled support for him at the last moment due to changes he made to his previous committments in support of concealed carry law reform. He's a "hunting guns" kind of guy, who masquerades as a supporter of concealed carry reform around election time. Admittedly though, he's not a threat to guns in VA,which makes him miles better than most Dems here.
The Republican Bob McDonnell had a mixed prior record. He voted for the "one gun a month" law about a decade ago,however he has since recanted his decision,and has actively supported legislation in support of gun show vendors in the recent past. The NRA was looking for a Dem to support so they don't get painted as a Republican Party extension. McDonnell gave them just enough of a reason to do so.
That said, I don't think anyone purposefully voted for either of these fellows based on their gun stances. It was probably the issue they were closest in agreement on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top