Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 12:41:58 PM EDT
Yesterday at work, I had to make an adaptor for something, I happened to have a couple hole saws and stuff on me and used a 4x4 I found in the wood scrap bin. After I cut it all up and sanded it down, it turns out this old crappy 4x4 was actually a pretty nice piece of wood, with a real nice grain and everything to it, like I would expect to see on a fairly nice gun stock. I also had ended up hand-sawing off a couple pieces, that I've decided to save to make some little thing out of. They're both 4x4 (3 1/2" x 3 1/2"), one is 2", and the other is 2 1/2" thick. I'd be safe to assume I'd be taking off 1/8 - 1/4" in each dimension by the time I get to the finished product.

Only thing is I'm not sure what I want to make out of em. I think a small jewelry box or something would be very much out of my league, but maybe hold a few pens sticking up or something...? I'm not into reloading, or I'd consider a cartridge holder or something. Anybody got ideas?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Make a nice gun rack. I know that a little big from your saved wood, just go out and get sum mo'.
PS- gorilla glue is your friend.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Clarification: these pieces of wood are each smaller than the palm of my hand. And I don't know where this piece came from, so that makes it harder to get more. Also I'm looking for some little project I can do in, well, less than a day at least. Gun cabinet isn't gonna fit that bill...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Homemade Toothpicks
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Sand it up real nice and put a good finish on it, then glue pictures of things you like on it.  Would make a nice paper weight or mantel piece. Or you could get yourself a clock kit from the hobby store and make a small desk clock .  Of course since you have two pieces of wood, you could make both!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:33:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Clarification: these pieces of wood are each smaller than the palm of my hand.

Coasters ????
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Clarification: these pieces of wood are each smaller than the palm of my hand.

Coasters ????

I like the coasters idea, and the clock one's not bad... Anybody else?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:14:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Come on, any more ideas?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Christmas tree ornaments?

I have some made out of mesquite that I picked up at a local mesquite festival.  Everyone really likes them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#9]
firewood , its easy . go git yourself a nice piece of wood if ya wanna make something .

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#10]
btt,

any more ideas?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top