Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 11:49:53 AM EDT
don't be clickign on any santa stuff through messenger.

With the holidays upon us, the name of Santa Claus is being used for evil rather than good by worm developers, who have targeted major instant-messaging systems with a holiday-themed virus.
The IM.GiftCom.All worm has made an appearance on several messaging networks, including America Online, Microsoft MSN, and Yahoo.

The worm attempts to dupe you into believing that a friend has sent you a link to a harmless file. If you click on the file, you see an image of Santa. While viewing it, the worm attempts to install a rootkit on your system.

www.sci-tech-today.com/news/Santa-Worm-Hits-Messaging-Networks/story.xhtml?story_id=11100CE5P2N6
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Great just what I need..
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:21:20 PM EDT
[#2]
How.....do......I.....know.....that.....your....link...isn't....STOP TALKING TO ME!
CAN'T YOU SEE I'M TRYING TO TYPE!................sorry....a trap.
Please............................someone...............turn....the.............voices...down.
NOW !!!

must take pill
hello, Barnes & Noble,? yes do you have any copys of Catcher in the Rye?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top