Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 11:01:39 AM EDT
Poll forthcoming.  All responses are considered to be in jest because we all know it is a felony.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#1]
IBTP
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Ditto
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Thought I would even up the score!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:07:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Remember we are asking what you think of CCW, not actually asking for anyone to publicly state that they commit a crime.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:08:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:09:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Never, never, never...besides the post office workers are crazy and if they saw a print they may open fire!!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't go in that often, but when I do, my gun goes too, fr00t!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh good.  Now there is no reason to worry about being shot in a PO, because guns are outlawed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

markm, about how many times would you say you have entered the PO with your CCW?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Release date: 2004-08-06

(a) Except as provided in subsection (d), whoever knowingly possesses or causes to be present a firearm or other dangerous weapon in a Federal facility (other than a Federal court facility), or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.

(b) Whoever, with intent that a firearm or other dangerous weapon be used in the commission of a crime, knowingly possesses or causes to be present such firearm or dangerous weapon in a Federal facility, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.

(c) A person who kills any person in the course of a violation of subsection (a) or (b), or in the course of an attack on a Federal facility involving the use of a firearm or other dangerous weapon, or attempts or conspires to do such an act, shall be punished as provided in sections 1111, 1112, 1113, and 1117.

(d) Subsection (a) shall not apply to—  

(1) the lawful performance of official duties by an officer, agent, or employee of the United States, a State, or a political subdivision thereof, who is authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of any violation of law;

(2) the possession of a firearm or other dangerous weapon by a Federal official or a member of the Armed Forces if such possession is authorized by law; or

(3) the lawful carrying of firearms or other dangerous weapons in a Federal facility incident to hunting or other lawful purposes

My CCW reads: for all legal purposes.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

markm, about how many times would you say you have entered the PO with your CCW?

87 times!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Do Post Offices have metal detectors?  Are there cops firsking you at the door?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Do Post Offices have metal detectors?  Are there cops firsking you at the door?

YES!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#14]
if there is a sign(that looks official) that says no concealed weapons, I do not carry    
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

(a) Except as provided in subsection (d), whoever knowingly possesses or causes to be present a firearm or other dangerous weapon in a Federal facility (other than a Federal court facility), or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.

(b) Whoever, with intent that a firearm or other dangerous weapon be used in the commission of a crime, knowingly possesses or causes to be present such firearm or dangerous weapon in a Federal facility, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.

(c) A person who kills any person in the course of a violation of subsection (a) or (b), or in the course of an attack on a Federal facility involving the use of a firearm or other dangerous weapon, or attempts or conspires to do such an act, shall be punished as provided in sections 1111, 1112, 1113, and 1117.

(1) the lawful performance of official duties by an officer, agent, or employee of the United States, a State, or a political subdivision thereof, who is authorized by law to engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of any violation of law;

(2) the possession of a firearm or other dangerous weapon by a Federal official or a member of the Armed Forces if such possession is authorized by law; or

(3) the lawful carrying of firearms or other dangerous weapons in a Federal facility incident to hunting or other lawful purposes

So my deer tag would be good inside a local post office! Dayum, here I come!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

OK, this is the very same statute I cite as to why I can carry in a Post Office.

Just how do we all KNOW it's a felony?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:52:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#18]
No need to carry in the post office... aren’t the workers armed?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:55:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Poll forthcoming.  All responses are considered to be in jest because we all know it is a felony.

No, it's not.

"... or other lawful purposes."
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Still waiting for my CCW to arrive in the mail.  I would rather not press my luck and carry into a post office.  Sure, it may qualify as a "lawful purpose" but I'd rather avoid having felony charges on my record, even if they'll get dismissed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:05:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Not illegal unless your state forbids it.

ETA:

www.thegunzone.com/rkba/rtc-usps.html
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:12:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Judged by twelve or carried by six....

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:18:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Not illegal, and I do it everytime I go there.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who the fuck is we? Felony it ain't, carry it I do.

Yoda has spoken. Correct he is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top