Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 9:40:52 AM EDT
Quick! does anyone have the "tears of the sun" pic with Bruce Willis and his sites on  backwards?

need it for something...

thanks!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:47:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:52:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Vertical Grip:  All the way forward
Buttstock:       All the way back
2-point sling:  Priceless.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Funny, he totally copied you...or is it the other way around?

Quit surfing arfcom and get back to work.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

What's wrong with a 2 point sling?? Not everybody has spent $60 for a single point tac sling and mount... yet.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:03:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's wrong with a 2 point sling?? Not everybody has spent $60 for a single point tac sling and mount... yet.

$60 on a single point sling? Buy an IDF sling for $20 from the guy who sells them on the EE and never look back.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:08:44 AM EDT
[#6]
That's a cute outfit!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My walmart sling does just fine for shooting rocks.  Am i missing something here that will improve my rock shooting skills?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$60 on a single point sling? Buy an IDF sling for $20 from the guy who sells them on the EE and never look back.

I was thinking of something like an ASP sling (if I remember the name correctly) and a Daniel Defense mount (about $60 combined).

I was considering getting a single point sling the other day but decided I'd just stick with the regular GI sling and use a GG&G sling thing for my rail for the front end.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I know the Blackwater and/or Pat Rogers school of thought agrees with you, but believe it or not there are other equally if not more effective ways.  Ask someone who's trained under Larry A Vickers what he would think about the above.  

FWIW I have no vertical foregrip on my weapon.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Also, VFG all the way forward isnt a bad thing either. Many professional SOLDIERS advocate rhat method. Personally I think that the VFG all the way to the rear is kinda silly. To each his own.

I would also point out that the promaster/ armorer is responsible for the gear on the weapons, not the actors.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Also, VFG all the way forward isnt a bad thing either. Many professional SOLDIERS advocate rhat method. Personally I think that the VFG all the way to the rear is kinda silly. To each his own.

I would also point out that the promaster/ armorer is responsible for the gear on the weapons, not the actors.

Seems to me that a VFG should go where the shooter finds it comfortable. That said, I have mine all the way to rear, the weapon seems to balance better that way. THAT said, I seem to shoot better without a VFG.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know the Blackwater and/or Pat Rogers school of thought agrees with you, but believe it or not there are other equally if not more effective ways.  Ask someone who's trained under Larry A Vickers what he would think about the above.  

FWIW I have no vertical foregrip on my weapon.

Well I tried it on my friend's M4 because I read this thread before I went over. It made the carbine feel like a bigger rifle, I don't know if that's good or bad though.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I keep my buttstock all the way back, is that a problem too, of coarse I use iron sights.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:00:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I keep my buttstock all the way back, is that a problem too, of coarse I use iron sights.

I shoot mine with the buttstock all the way out and I have an Aimpoint too.  Just more comfortable for me.

However having the Aimpoint backwards is just plain dumb thinking on the propmaster.  I know that 99% of the people would never notice it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:02:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I shoot mine with the buttstock all the way out and I have an Aimpoint too.  Just more comfortable for me.

Yes, but is your Aimpoint on backwards?  If not, then you're 25% less tactical than Mr. Willis.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:03:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

However having the Aimpoint backwards is just plain dumb thinking on the propmaster.  I know that 99% of the people would never notice it.

+1

And aren't you supposed to put the VFG where it's comftorble for you? And whats wrong with a 2-point sling? 2 point slings worked fine for my grandpa in WW2 and my dad in Vietnam. It's all preference, whatever YOU like.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#18]
My VFG is about 2/3 forward. I have tried several different positions and found this most comfortable with my shooting style. I have my stock 2 clicks forward from all the way back on a 6-position stock. My brother who is a bit taller puts it all the way back. Shoots it a little worse than I do, but I doubt that has to do with the stock and more with he doesn't concentrate as hard.

Put the things where they are comfortable for you to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Where it should be.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

And aren't you supposed to put the VFG where it's comftorble for you? And whats wrong with a 2-point sling? 2 point slings worked fine for my grandpa in WW2 and my dad in Vietnam. It's all preference, whatever YOU like.

my vfg is almost all the way back.  which to me is more comfortable. I have shot mine with it halfway and its still ok.  I like the 2pt sling too.  Not saying its the best, but for my new RRA Entry Tactical, I might look at a 2pt, but not sure yet.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
tradecraft.us/Firearms/SillyPeople/NYPD-ESU.jpg

too busy finding that 'one size too small' shirt to notice your optics are backwards!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#23]
UHH???? how does this thing go on??

If Bruce uses this way it must be the best

FREE

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:47:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I was waiting for that pic to show up.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

too busy finding that 'one size too small' shirt to notice your optics are backwards!

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the propmaster proably works as an NYPD Armorer
*goes looking for that pic of the cop with a backwards sight*
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone have the Belluci fireman's carry pics?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#29]

"I'm the only one professional enough to mount my Aimpoint backwards"    

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Does anyone know what kind of knives Bruce Willis is carrying on his hip and web gear??
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or make your own for about $9.00 including shipping www.strapworks.com
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great, these geniuses get to wave EBRs around all day but us poor proles in NYC can't have them.

BTW, is the movie in question any good?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:28:52 PM EDT
[#33]
I liked the movie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top