Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/21/2005 6:54:03 AM EDT
 So, I was carousing this thread www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=420251 and after hitting the link and reading the article about the creation of synthetic life; I started recalling the first ALIEN film.  I had alway been under the impression that when the crew of the Nostromo had set down on LV426,  the ship they ran across was transporting thousands of ALIEN eggs to SOMEplace for SOME reason.  The "pilot" of the vessel was exposed to one of the eggs in some fashion or another and had set his craft down on LV426 and then broadcast a "warning" signal to keep folks from exploring the derelict craft.  He subsequently died, of course.

Got me to thinking....considering the life cycle of the "ALIEN" it always seemed to me that they were a genetically designed, biomechanical, biological warfare device.  Essentially, germ warfare...on a really big scale.

I can only imagine that one of these days we're going to get a handle on manipulating genetic material and even creating "synthetic" life........

I am a firm believer in taking scientific risks for the advancement of mankind.....but ya gotta wonder what kind of trouble we might get ourselves into one day.

I can just see some jackass creating "the Alien" just for the sake of doing it.

Honestly, I am one such jackass.....that's why no one should ever let me play with ICBM's.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:05:18 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
 I can only imagine that one of these days we're going to get a handle on manipulating genetic material and even creating "synthetic" life........

I am a firm believer in taking scientific risks for the advancement of mankind.....but ya gotta wonder what kind of trouble we might get ourselves into one day.

I don't doubt it...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:12:26 AM EDT
[#2]
we will just need to make some predators, problem solved!

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:12:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I've always wondered how the Alien got inside the pilot to begin with.

In the movie, the pilot is at least 3 or 4 times the size of a human being, yet the face-huggers are just the right size and shape to attach themseves to a human face... not one that's 3-4 times that size.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:15:04 AM EDT
[#4]
My impression was that the alien ship with the eggs was simply a victim of the alien, not that they were particularly transporting the eggs. Of course, that part was really left open to your imagination.

As far as us creating our own alien.. well... yes, but most likely out "alien" will be microscopic, real germ warefare material which escapes, mutates, and becomes unstopable.

Natural diseases tend to not be 100% fatal. Man made ones are designed to be exactly that.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:16:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
we ARFCOM will just need to make some be the predators, problem solved!

Fixed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:17:05 AM EDT
[#6]
The genetically engineered lifeform/weapon makes me think of that Dead Kuntz...err...I mean Koontz book about the nasty creature and the Labrador retriever.

And Blade Runner for that matter.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:18:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

In the movie, the pilot is at least 3 or 4 times the size of a human being, yet the face-huggers are just the right size and shape to attach themseves to a human face... not one that's 3-4 times that size.

this is an interesting point.....maybe there is a REASON they were that size....was there a previous score of victims?  enough to cause a Queen to be bred and a hive created? ( or vice versa )...who were the original victims???  maybe it was a coincidence that they were of a size compatible to people.....
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:19:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The legs were long enough to adapt to different size hosts.  The egg would probably travel a short ways down the pilot's throat after insertion.  Early versions of the script for Alien3 had the face-hugger impregnating an ox instead of the dog.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

this is an interesting point.....maybe there is a REASON they were that size....was there a previous score of victims?  enough to cause a Queen to be bred and a hive created? ( or vice versa )...who were the original victims???  maybe it was a coincidence that they were of a size compatible to people.....

Or maybe a person is about the smallest host they can infect/infest and they have to grow a little to get to a size where they can go for larger hosts.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:20:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The genetically engineered lifeform/weapon makes me think of that Dead Kuntz...err...I mean Koontz book about the nasty creature and the Labrador retriever.

Seize the Night and Fear Nothing ?

My lab mix looked just like Orson...and sort acted like that, too....like he was just playing dumb.

I miss him.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:23:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seize the Night and Fear Nothing ?

My lab mix looked just like Orson...and sort acted like that, too....like he was just playing dumb.

I miss him.

Haven't seen those.  I'll look for them.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:25:13 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't doubt it...

http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=2434192005

Stalin's half-man, half-ape super-warriors
CHRIS STEPHEN AND ALLAN HALL

THE Soviet dictator Josef Stalin ordered the creation of Planet of the Apes-style warriors by crossing humans with apes, according to recently uncovered secret documents.

Moscow archives show that in the mid-1920s Russia's top animal breeding scientist, Ilya Ivanov, was ordered to turn his skills from horse and animal work to the quest for a super-warrior.

According to Moscow newspapers, Stalin told the scientist: "I want a new invincible human being, insensitive to pain, resistant and indifferent about the quality of food they eat."

In 1926 the Politburo in Moscow passed the request to the Academy of Science with the order to build a "living war machine". The order came at a time when the Soviet Union was embarked on a crusade to turn the world upside down, with social engineering seen as a partner to industrialisation: new cities, architecture, and a new egalitarian society were being created.

The Soviet authorities were struggling to rebuild the Red Army after bruising wars.

And there was intense pressure to find a new labour force, particularly one that would not complain, with Russia about to embark on its first Five-Year Plan for fast-track industrialisation.

Mr Ivanov was highly regarded. He had established his reputation under the Tsar when in 1901 he established the world's first centre for the artificial insemination of racehorses.

Mr Ivanov's ideas were music to the ears of Soviet planners and in 1926 he was dispatched to West Africa with $200,000 to conduct his first experiment in impregnating chimpanzees.

Meanwhile, a centre for the experiments was set up in Georgia - Stalin's birthplace - for the apes to be raised.

Mr Ivanov's experiments, unsurprisingly from what we now know, were a total failure. He returned to the Soviet Union, only to see experiments in Georgia to use monkey sperm in human volunteers similarly fail.

A final attempt to persuade a Cuban heiress to lend some of her monkeys for further experiments reached American ears, with the New York Times reporting on the story, and she dropped the idea amid the uproar.

Mr Ivanov was now in disgrace. His were not the only experiments going wrong: the plan to collectivise farms ended in the 1932 famine in which at least four million died.

For his expensive failure, he was sentenced to five years' jail, which was later commuted to five years' exile in the Central Asian republic of Kazakhstan in 1931. A year later he died, reportedly after falling sick while standing on a freezing railway platform.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:26:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
we will just need to make some predatorsand pulse rifles, problem solved!

fixed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:30:21 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
My impression was that the alien ship with the eggs was simply a victim of the alien, not that they were particularly transporting the eggs. Of course, that part was really left open to your imagination.

+1
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't doubt it...

http://news.scotsman.com/international.cfm?id=2434192005

Stalin's half-man, half-ape super-warriors
CHRIS STEPHEN AND ALLAN HALL

THE Soviet dictator Josef Stalin ordered the creation of Planet of the Apes-style warriors by crossing humans with apes, according to recently uncovered secret documents.

Moscow archives show that in the mid-1920s Russia's top animal breeding scientist, Ilya Ivanov, was ordered to turn his skills from horse and animal work to the quest for a super-warrior.

According to Moscow newspapers, Stalin told the scientist: "I want a new invincible human being, insensitive to pain, resistant and indifferent about the quality of food they eat."

In 1926 the Politburo in Moscow passed the request to the Academy of Science with the order to build a "living war machine". The order came at a time when the Soviet Union was embarked on a crusade to turn the world upside down, with social engineering seen as a partner to industrialisation: new cities, architecture, and a new egalitarian society were being created.

The Soviet authorities were struggling to rebuild the Red Army after bruising wars.

And there was intense pressure to find a new labour force, particularly one that would not complain, with Russia about to embark on its first Five-Year Plan for fast-track industrialisation.

Mr Ivanov was highly regarded. He had established his reputation under the Tsar when in 1901 he established the world's first centre for the artificial insemination of racehorses.

Mr Ivanov's ideas were music to the ears of Soviet planners and in 1926 he was dispatched to West Africa with $200,000 to conduct his first experiment in impregnating chimpanzees.

Meanwhile, a centre for the experiments was set up in Georgia - Stalin's birthplace - for the apes to be raised.

Mr Ivanov's experiments, unsurprisingly from what we now know, were a total failure. He returned to the Soviet Union, only to see experiments in Georgia to use monkey sperm in human volunteers similarly fail.

A final attempt to persuade a Cuban heiress to lend some of her monkeys for further experiments reached American ears, with the New York Times reporting on the story, and she dropped the idea amid the uproar.

Mr Ivanov was now in disgrace. His were not the only experiments going wrong: the plan to collectivise farms ended in the 1932 famine in which at least four million died.

For his expensive failure, he was sentenced to five years' jail, which was later commuted to five years' exile in the Central Asian republic of Kazakhstan in 1931. A year later he died, reportedly after falling sick while standing on a freezing railway platform.

man...Stalin was a goon!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:34:08 AM EDT
[#16]
The alien in Alien/Aliens was a weapon of war. If I remember correctly, the derelict ship that carried the eggs was transporting them to be used in an ancient war, long long ago. Look at how similar the aliens and their hive was to the space jockey ship. They were created using the same biotechnology I do believe.

I hated that the sequels after Aliens never gave any more insight into the Space Jockey (the pilot of the alien ship) and his race.

Life may one day imitate art.

On the lighter side of things it would be cool as hell to have an obedient alien pet at your command. Make it sleep on the cieling at night. Just think if any burglars ever broke into your house! The ultimate guard dog!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:34:28 AM EDT
[#17]
I wouldn't worry about it. A lone woman can beat the Alien so I figure the US Marine Corps armed with varmint rifles shouldn't have any problems.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:43:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Its only a problem if you are in a spaceraft (acid blood eating through the hull). On Earth you can plink at Ailens all day long with your poodleshooter; who cares if caustic circulatory fluid scorches the ground? This leads me to believe that the Alien macrobitioc weapon was designed to be used against a space-faring enemy.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:44:04 AM EDT
[#19]
WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE MAN! WE'RE GONNA DIE! GAME OVER, MAN!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:56:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The alien in Alien/Aliens was a weapon of war. If I remember correctly, the derelict ship that carried the eggs was transporting them to be used in an ancient war, long long ago. Look at how similar the aliens and their hive was to the space jockey ship. They were created using the same biotechnology I do believe.I hated that the sequels after Aliens never gave any more insight into the Space Jockey (the pilot of the alien ship) and his race.

Life may one day imitate art.

On the lighter side of things it would be cool as hell to have an obedient alien pet at your command. Make it sleep on the cieling at night. Just think if any burglars ever broke into your house! The ultimate guard dog!

According to some sources and an interview I saw with some of the gang from James Cameron's group, Cameron and Ridley Scott have discussed doing a film about the derelict vessel and the pilot....or where they came from.

Ssssspoooky.

Also, according to the same interview, the Derelict WAS carrying the eggs to a destination.  That destination, nor any other info was expounded upon...it was purposely left as a mystery.

Oddly, I had always thought the the Aliens had overtaken that vessel and that the rest of the "crew" was used to foster the Egg Chamber beneath the ship...I couldn't figure out how there could be SO MANY EGGS!!!  It was in the interview ( maybe with Gale Anne Hurd ) that it was explained that the "pilot" was the sole crewmember and that the eggs were in the lower deck of the ship and that they were being "taken" somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:00:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Who here WOULDN'T like to see a breed of bioengineered, genetically enhanced, freakishly hideous, super killing machines running around, gobbling up sheeple by the ton.

Or does that just make me wrong?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:00:32 AM EDT
[#22]

What exactly is the space jockey and why haven't we seen it in the other films except its fossilized self sitting in the what I call the laser gun? [It's another race of space alien that is also subject to infection by the Aliens. This particular one was infected and moved as far as it could from its race's known space and broadcast a warning before it died. The presence of eggs in the hold may indicate that it was a research ship. The race was never used in other Alien movies because it adds a new dynamic to the plotlines: two alien species, locked in mortal combat and neither particularly friendly with humans.]

From here

And here's a pic of the Jockey from the movie:

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:01:02 AM EDT
[#23]
The derelict on LV-426 is the result of a accident. The Jockey was taking the eggs way out into space to dispose of them to prevent the danger of contamination, when something went wrong.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:07:38 AM EDT
[#24]
The only thing mankind needs to fear is itself, or another alien race.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:09:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:18:05 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Its only a problem if you are in a spaceraft (acid blood eating through the hull). On Earth you can plink at Ailens all day long with your poodleshooter; who cares if caustic circulatory fluid scorches the ground? This leads me to believe that the Alien macrobitioc weapon was designed to be used against a space-faring enemy.

Nope

EPA, Sierra Club, PETA, and Greenpeace would never go for it...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:18:45 AM EDT
[#27]
For all of you who think "Alien" was a great work of imagination...many of the visuals and parts of the storyline were stolen STOLEN! from an obscure 1960's Italian/American co-production called "Planet of the Vampires" (AKA "Demon Planet")

link to dvd on Amazon

What's it got?

Fog-shrouded planet

Derelict alien spaceship

Dead alien pilot (like the Starpilot pictured above)

Landing claw (just like the Nostromo's gear)

Its an oldie but goodie...scared the crap out of me when I was a kiddie!

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:20:29 AM EDT
[#28]
now what the fuck are we supposed to do?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Why use the aliens as weapons of war when bacterial agents are more efficient and easier to transport? Even andriods designed for war would to be a better weapons. I would say that the reason the alien ship was transporting the eggs was for the same reason we would, scientific research.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:41:01 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted: The only thing mankind needs to fear is itself, or another alien race.
Aliens better be scared of humanity. We're a ruthless, ambitious, and hardy species bent on universal domination. Excellent...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:50:55 AM EDT
[#31]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenomorph
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:55:07 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Why use the aliens as weapons of war when bacterial agents are more efficient and easier to transport? Even andriods designed for war would to be a better weapons. I would say that the reason the alien ship was transporting the eggs was for the same reason we would, scientific research.

maybe it was an experimental weapon... More like, "Hey, check out this species we found, let's see if we can load them up in a cargo hold, take them to Planet X, and let them destroy our enemy."  I mean think about it, the "Aliens" are like ants.  They can fuck up a bunch of shit.  You could dump them off on a planet, and they've never really shown the intelligence to use anything to get back off the planet.

Just a thought,
~Dg84
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

The concept of a species developed to fight war (and that theory is spread thickly throughout the Alien mythos, both in the movie Aliens and in the comics offshoots) stems from a liberal reaction to the massive military industry that cropped up during the Cold War and in Vietnam.

"what would happen in the future if the military-industrial complex were allowed free reign to do anything they wanted?"

Why, they'd create unstoppable, acid-blooded killing machines with pseudo-sexual features, that's what!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:00:54 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Biological weapons would be effective, to a degree, until there were countermeasures...  

An alien species that would prey upon an enemy population would have many effects.... The sheer terror... redirection of military assets...  etc etc...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:02:22 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted: The concept of a species developed to fight war (and that theory is spread thickly throughout the Alien mythos, both in the movie Aliens and in the comics offshoots) stems from a liberal reaction to the massive military industry that cropped up during the Cold War and in Vietnam.

"what would happen in the future if the military-industrial complex were allowed free reign to do anything they wanted?" Why, they'd create unstoppable, acid-blooded killing machines with pseudo-sexual features, that's what!

Security to sector 9, security to sector 9. We have a canary singing a song, repeat, we have a canary singing a song. Over.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#36]
If you follow the Alien vs Predator storylines (Not the crappy movie) you see the aliens being used as training for the Predators, and actually taking a large part of their culture. The Yautja go to an unoccupied planet, drop down some eggs, wait a few days, then send down their newest warriors for an initiation hunt.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:09:23 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
If you follow the Alien vs Predator storylines (Not the crappy movie) you see the aliens being used as training for the Predators, and actually taking a large part of their culture. The Yautja go to an unoccupied planet, drop down some eggs, wait a few days, then send down their newest warriors for an initiation hunt.

Sounds like fun...  Wonder what the best mount is for an Alien, a European mount, a nice shoulder mount, maybe with it's head slightly turned.  Defiantly would have to have it's second mouth extended.

~Dg84
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:10:55 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like fun...  Wonder what the best mount is for an Alien, a European mount, a nice shoulder mount, maybe with it's head slightly turned.  Defiantly would have to have it's second mouth extended. hr

I actually have an unfinished screenplay for the AvP universe that I think kicks all sorts of ass. I toyed it up when I had a lot influence from shakespeare and traditional drama, so it's an action sci-fi film with a plot and actual characters with motivations.

It'll never get made, though. ;\
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:16:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Everytime I see footage of those Predator UAV's flying around I cant help but think to myself..."Hasn't anyone seen the Terminator movies?" Hmmmm...lets build an unmanned airplane for aerial recon...ok we did it but thats not good enough...now lets teach it to shoot hellfire missiles at ground targets. I'm all for saving soldiers butts (including my own) by sacrificing machines but its just funny how we're following the same path predicted by all these sci-fi movies that have been around for a decade or more. Makes you wonder
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:17:53 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I actually have an unfinished screenplay for the AvP universe that I think kicks all sorts of ass. I toyed it up when I had a lot influence from shakespeare and traditional drama, so it's an action sci-fi film with a plot and actual characters with motivations.

It'll never get made, though. ;\

Post it here so we can critique it!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Who here WOULDN'T like to see a breed of bioengineered, genetically enhanced, freakishly hideous, super killing machines running around, gobbling up sheeple by the ton.

Or does that just make me wrong?

I prefer zombies they dont move as fast.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:43:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Why they had to make stupid ass shitty sequels instead of doing something like what was in the Aliens books by steve perry is beyond me.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:47:51 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

the problem with bacterial agents is that they need a host.  once the host is infected, it will only have a short time to live.  what ends up happening is that the supply of hosts quickly runs out, and the bacterialogical threat quickly dissapears.  the aliens can live independently from those that they are created to kill, thus allowing them to survive once the enemy has been defeated.  furthermore, they have the ability of reproducing.  whether or not they can reproduce amongst eachother is a mystery to me.  we do know that they can use the enemy as a saragent mother of sorts; a tool for birthing their offspring.  so, while a bacterial agent may be effective, its use is fairly limited, and it won't be a viable weapon to be used for killing over an extended period of time.  the aliens are capable of securing an area for much longer then a bacterial agent; and they have the ability to reproduce, allowing them to remain an effective weapon for an indefinate period of time.

androids would be a great alternative, but two problems would arise.  one is a power source.  how long can these things last?  aliens wouldn't need a power source.  all they would need is some form of nourishment.  food is much easier to come by then batteries making the aliens slightly superior in this aspect.  the second problem is their inability to reproduce.  since we're thinking along the lines of the weapon acting independently from the alien race that sent it to battle, a damaged android can't be repaired or replaced.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:50:40 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted: Why they had to make stupid ass shitty sequels instead of doing something like what was in the Aliens books by steve perry is beyond me.
Oh my God! It's here! The Alien is a member of arfcom! Draw down! Draw down!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted: Why they had to make stupid ass shitty sequels instead of doing something like what was in the Aliens books by steve perry is beyond me.
Oh my God! It's here! The Alien is a member of arfcom! Draw down! Draw down!

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:58:32 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Why they had to make stupid ass shitty sequels instead of doing something like what was in the Aliens books by steve perry is beyond me.

Why the hell two such great works of art were allowed to be ruined by the subsequent filth that followed will always be one of my "Whyyyyy, GOD???  WHYYYYYYY????" questions.  There is so much great stuff that could have been done......but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......

I do hope Cameron and Scott could team up with some really good Sci-fi advisors and create something that could make us forget about the the shitty sequels.  There was a LOT of potential with the Alien stuff......but as usual...mediocrity killed it all.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the problem with bacterial agents is that they need a host.  once the host is infected, it will only have a short time to live.  what ends up happening is that the supply of hosts quickly runs out, and the bacterialogical threat quickly dissapears.  the aliens can live independently from those that they are created to kill, thus allowing them to survive once the enemy has been defeated.  furthermore, they have the ability of reproducing.  whether or not they can reproduce amongst eachother is a mystery to me.  we do know that they can use the enemy as a saragent mother of sorts; a tool for birthing their offspring.  so, while a bacterial agent may be effective, its use is fairly limited, and it won't be a viable weapon to be used for killing over an extended period of time.  the aliens are capable of securing an area for much longer then a bacterial agent; and they have the ability to reproduce, allowing them to remain an effective weapon for an indefinate period of time.

androids would be a great alternative, but two problems would arise.  one is a power source.  how long can these things last?  aliens wouldn't need a power source.  all they would need is some form of nourishment.  food is much easier to come by then batteries making the aliens slightly superior in this aspect.  the second problem is their inability to reproduce.  since we're thinking along the lines of the weapon acting independently from the alien race that sent it to battle, a damaged android can't be repaired or replaced.

Scanners is a good movie that uses androids as warriors. But ultimately the best weapon would be nuclear. why bother with aliens when you could just nuke the planet from orbit?

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

The Alien's "Earth Hive" series of books was about that. A General tried to condition them to serve him as an army... Even had them firing simple weapons..  

Pretty Good Read.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:30:41 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

maybe it was an experimental weapon... More like, "Hey, check out this species we found, let's see if we can load them up in a cargo hold, take them to Planet X, and let them destroy our enemy."  I mean think about it, the "Aliens" are like ants.  They can fuck up a bunch of shit.  You could dump them off on a planet, and they've never really shown the intelligence to use anything to get back off the planet.

Just a thought,
~Dg84

In the comics and Books they are a natural creature on a violent planet,  there are even predators that hunt them and vice versa... Pretty neat stuff.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
But ultimately the best weapon would be nuclear. why bother with aliens when you could just nuke the planet from orbit?

So the planet is usable afterward...?  Dump in a short-lived predator (or one containing a biological "kill switch"), wait for it to kill everybody, then move in.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top