Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2001 9:19:35 PM EDT
Just curious, my family is scottish (although my last name is cajun) on my mothers side. I was a pallbearer for my great grandfather, who died a citizen of Scotland. The day was foggy and rainy, There is nothing like hearing the pipes on a Scottish day like that. It makes you remember your roots....something about the bagpipes stirring the celtic soul...I will say, it was deep.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#1]
My mother was a Daniel, my father a Teague, with both having German ancestry to boot.

The Teagues were Cornish, and Cornwall was a Celtic stronghold in England. The first of my family to come to the New World, Edward Teague, landed in Maryland in 1675. I am the Tenth Generation of his line of Teagues in the United States.

My mother's family, the Daniels, came from Northern Ireland to the Carolinas in 1720, and moved to Tennessee in 1790, then Texas in 1850, just in time for the War Between the States. I'm in the Eighth Generation of our line of Daniels in the United States.

I'd say it's safe to say I'm of Celtic origin!

Eric The(Celtic,AndI'veGotTheGeneologyToProveIt)
Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 4:18:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Lots of Scottish and Irish running in my veins.

Don't have a kilt, though...  Yet.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 5:27:35 AM EDT
[#3]
My Mom is from Ireland. Came over in 1960. Full black Irish. Dark skin, and features. Maybe some Spaniard in the family tree????Hummm? That's the Celt part.
Dad is mostly German....and Polish, and French.
Dad's family came over in the 1600's.
Eric
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 5:30:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Highland games are here today, and I can feel my Irish blood telling me to go.[%(]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 5:44:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 6:09:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Scottish ancestry many generations back. Wouldn't know it to see the surname but a descendant of a Scottish Mathematician. Don't understand how it could be that way being as how I despised the math disciplines. But having the temperment and single-mindedness of a Scotsman gives it away tho.
Family line did the Carolinas/ Virginia route then across the Appalachians and down the Mississippi thing back in the 17th and 18th centuries.
Kilts, Golf and Bagpipes- how can you go wrong.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 6:15:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Majority of Irish blood on both my moms and dads side, though I'm a bit ashamed to say there's a bit of English on my dads side.

I've even got my Macoubrie family crest (from my moms side) tattooed on my lower right arm.  Also big mean leprachan shooting a pistol tatooed on my upper arm with a banner underneath that says Erin go Bragh. It's pretty intricate, complete with the empty shell casing ejecting from the gun.

So ya, I'm definetely into my celtic heritage.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 8:12:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Scottish-Irish on my mothers side.
Norwegian/Danish-Scottish on my fathers side.
Aye, I think that will do...
[%(]

BTW, where is a good site to research scottish roots and clans ??
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Scottish, on my mom's side.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Scottish blood on my father's side(McDuff clan), Irish and Germanic on my mother's side, Scotland and all things and people of it have always held sway over me, and I'm greatly anticipating Colorado's Scottish festival this sept, when we travel up to visit friends.

"Scots wha' hae wi' Wallace bled..."

Juggernaut[%/]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 2:27:18 PM EDT
[#12]
My dad's maternal grandmother was Welsh.

However most of the rest of dad's family is Hinz 57, mostly German. However our family name is, I believe, is English. aaarrrgh.

Most of mom's side is German.

Let's say that while I'm a little short on Celtic blood I am long on tribal warrior blood. [X]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top