Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 11:21:27 PM EDT
Just checking to see who has the best prices as I put my last three into my flashlight yesterday.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:31:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Direct from surefire.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:33:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Best price I've seen if from Surefire themselves.  I've been giving the flashlights out as Christmas presents so ordered extra batteries as well.  $15 a box is the best I've seen.  Even the local store that carries the flashlights has the batteries for $20 a box.  Compared to buying 3v batteries anywhere else that is even a super bargain.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:07:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Ebay,.... but not with a Surefire label on them!

People think that Surefire invented the CR123 Lithium cell, but it's been around for a looong time before they were. Surefire sells a lot of them though-hard not to as the flashlights chew through them so fast.

Dave (Gladius user)
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:50:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Funny you should bring this up.

I was using the pricey Duracells in my Surefire, when those died I decided to be a bargain shopper & get the Surefires from their site.

I soon noticed that the brightness wasn't as kick ass as before when lighting the inside of vehicles. I was beginning to think my light was getting sucky. Well just last night I really needed some batteries and ended up using Duracells again. Let's just say that there's a difference. Noticably brighter with Duracells.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:55:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I was using the pricey Duracells in my Surefire, when those died I decided to be a bargain shopper & get the Surefires from their site.

I soon noticed that the brightness wasn't as kick ass as before when lighting the inside of vehicles. I was beginning to think my light was getting sucky. Well just last night I really needed some batteries and ended up using Duracells again. Let's just say that there's a difference. Noticably brighter with Duracells.

Yes, but are the Duracells worth the almost 4X price tag?

G&R Tactical and Brightflashlights in the E/E have damn good prices as well.  I try to support those who support the site as much as I can instead of going directly through Surefire.  FWIW
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:08:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I found some of the Surefire batteries are a local gun show and they charge the straight $15 for 10 batteries and no S&H, but then if you need it now, you have to "bite the bullet."
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:10:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Interesting note about them.

In my M3 they dont get dim after use, they just all of a sudden quit without warning.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:30:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Surefire sells them at a good price

Botach Tactical sells them much cheaper - never been disappointed
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:35:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Surefire sells them at a good price

Botach Tactical sells them much cheaper - never been disappointed

Problem is if you want SF brand, you may or may not get them as they like to substitute Sanyo and other brands!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:45:37 AM EDT
[#10]
www.batterystation.com
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:56:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Direct SF... SF doesn't give a dealer discount on the batteries, that's why the dealers have to mark them up a few bucks.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:56:59 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, but are the Duracells worth the almost 4X price tag?

G&R Tactical and Brightflashlights in the E/E have damn good prices as well.  I try to support those who support the site as much as I can instead of going directly through Surefire.  FWIW

I didn't state it was. That's his decission, for me well yes. I'm pullin crack, & paraphernalia outta cars like crazy. While on mids, I'll take what I can get. Ya pay $100+ for a light, I want it to be 'magical' for Chrisssakes....

...And well, in my profession, YES! And as so with "Policeman's". We're both cops (I'm assuming he's LE), so yes it does matter. BIG TIME! But we as LEOs have what we call "tax write-offs". The batteries, and every round, mile we drive, ANY piece of equipment used for our job IS to some extent a write-off. If fact when my car enters my city, every mile after is documented.

Botom line; nice price on the surefires, but ya get what ya pay for.

my .02
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:59:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Interesting note about them.

In my M3 they dont get dim after use, they just all of a sudden quit without warning.

That's because the Surefire flashlights have a digital voltage regulator to provide a constant voltage to the lamp, right up to the point where the batteries don't have the minimum voltage. This also means that just because the batteries won't work in your Surefire, doesn't mean they're dead. The still have lots of life left for use in lower-powered lights and other things.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:56:17 AM EDT
[#14]
I run Surefire batteries in all my lights (Gladius, Z2, G2, weapon lights, M3, etc).  The batteries have yet to fail me and provide insufficent light.  If doing a lot of admin searches, get a rechargeable if you think the SF batteries arent putting out sufficent light.  It'll be cheaper in the long run than dropping $10 for 2 of the Duracell 123s.  I use a SF 10X as my admin searching light.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:16:57 AM EDT
[#15]
there is a dealer in the industry forums called brightflashlights im him best prices anywhere he cant be beat.

CLICK HERE
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:24:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Best price I've seen if from Surefire themselves.  I've been giving the flashlights out as Christmas presents so ordered extra batteries as well.  $15 a box is the best I've seen.  Even the local store that carries the flashlights has the batteries for $20 a box.  Compared to buying 3v batteries anywhere else that is even a super bargain.

$15/dozen plus $4.99 shipping is $19.99. That's what I paid a couple of months ago.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:42:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Last box of 70 I bought direct from Surefire, can't beat their price IMO and they are always fresh and runtime is as good or better than any other batts I've used (and I've own'd a 9P for more than a decade).

Mike
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Last box of 70 I bought direct from Surefire, can't beat their price IMO and they are always fresh and runtime is as good or better than any other batts I've used (and I've own'd a 9P for more than a decade).

Mike

this may be for you but I too have had a 9P for a decade and have used many diff brands of batteries and sure fire batts suck big time as far as I'm concerned. The SF flash lights are awesome but the batt are not good IMHO
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:18:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the replys.  I have the 9P with the high intense bulb and with the surefire batteries it last about 25 to 30 minutes of continuos running.  In the police profession a great flashlight can be a life saver.  This bad boy will disorient if used properly.  

But if I could just get it to work on dogs..........maybe I wouldn't have to shoot them. lol
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top