Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 8:11:34 PM EDT
I am trying to remember the name of an Aussie that reworked some of Browning's stuff, namely a redesign of MA' Duece.  I cannot remember his name, but I recall there was an article in a gun rag about 10 years ago that had pictures of him firing a .50 bmg in full auto that was resting on his shoulder.  I have tried to research it, but have had no luck.  I know that his guns were used in Aussie fighter planes during WWII, but have not been able to get anywhere on the net with that info.  All the info I found on Aussie gun designs centers on the owen SMG.

I think that his last name might be Robinson, but I could be wrong.  

I want to find the pics of him firing a .50 bmg off his shoulder, and if possible, video footage.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:41:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Day Crew might be smarter me thinks.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:28:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Day Crew might be smarter me thinks.

maybe not
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I have never seen nor heard of anyone firing full auto .50BMG from their shoulder. Frankly, I don't see how it could be done based on my firing experience with the .50BMG?????

Methinks you have confused a story or two, sir.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am trying to remember the name of an Aussie that reworked some of Browning's stuff, namely a redesign of MA' Duece.  I cannot remember his name, but I recall there was an article in a gun rag about 10 years ago that had pictures of him firing a .50 bmg in full auto that was resting on his shoulder.  I have tried to research it, but have had no luck.  I know that his guns were used in Aussie fighter planes during WWII, but have not been able to get anywhere on the net with that info.  All the info I found on Aussie gun designs centers on the owen SMG.

I want to find the pics of him firing a .50 bmg off his shoulder, and if possible, video footage.

could you be thinking of the a6 conversion on the 1919 30 cal? no way in hell anyone picked up ma duece and shoulder fired her.

But I thought Arnie did it? ( or was that the DSHK M60 Hybrid? )
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

could you be thinking of the a6 conversion on the 1919 30 cal? no way in hell anyone picked up ma duece and shoulder fired her.

It was a modified version of Ma Duece.  I thought it was crazy when I read about it.  What kills me is that I can remember the premise he used in his work, and I can remember seeing the photos of him with a belt hanging down from the gun, and  the gun having been modified to a sort of bullpup config for demonstration purposes.

The explanation was that he redesigned it with the "FOOB" principle, Firing Out Of Battery.  Because the cartridge primer was being struck as the bolt was heading forward some of the recoil was mitigated and it allowed for the gun to be made lighter.  I cannot remember how light.

Someone has to know this.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:28:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I am stil trying to figger it out myself.  It was a pretty wild article, I think it was titles "Australia's John Brorning" or similar.  I may be a bit fuzzy on the details, but oh well.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top