Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 6:43:58 PM EDT
Anybody a tech for Dodge or an installer? If so I could use your help... I just put a remote start in a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 van and everything is cool except that i cant get the blower motor to kick on when the remote start is activated...Which wires are Accessory in this beast? Heres a diagram of the wires at the ignition switch and what I have attached where:

The stars are allegedly the accessory wires, but I could swear that I tried them to no avail (maybe I didn't though....)
Anybody have some info that could help me? i've got this posted on an installers forum, but they take too damned long to respond and the customer wants this done ASAP!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:14:28 AM EDT
[#1]
C'Mon.... There's gotta be somebody that knows......
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:21:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not at my shop to check the software for wire colors. Isolate the wires coming from the key cylinder, probe with a voltmeter. The heat/Ac wire will show +12V just like ignition, but will drop out during crank. There may be 2 leads. If this is the case, energize the secondary lead with a relay.

ALWAYS TEST TO VERIFY alot of installers just don't do that anymore
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:08:48 AM EDT
[#3]
There's a good chance the corporation wire colors are identical or similar between models.

So, from a 1998 Neon service manual, there's a ten pin plug, two rows of five.  Looking at it with the tab on top, the pins are:

5 4 3 2 1
0 9 8 7 6

(0=10 for symmetry in the diagram)

1 22ga, black, GROUND
2 22ga, Grey with Black Tracer, RED BRAKE WARNING LAMP DRIVER
3 12ga, Pink with Black Tracer, FUSED B+ (battery power, fused not switched)
4 12ga, Black with Orange Tracer, FUSED IGN (RUN)
5 /not used/
6 /not used/
7 14ga, Red, FUSED (B+)
8 14ga, Black with White Tracer, FUSED IGN (RUN-ACC)
9 14ga, Dark Blue, FUSED IGN (ST-RUN)
10 14ga, Yellow, FUSED IGN (START)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top