Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 5:00:40 PM EDT
Ok do download the song on Limwire, or some other song sharing thing so your on the same page;

Artist: Sia
Title: Breathe Me

Offical Lyrics
Help, I have done it again
I have been here many times before
Hurt myself again today
And, the worst part is there's no-one else to blame

Be my friend
Hold me, wrap me up
Unfold me
I am small
I'm needy
Warm me up
And breathe me

Ouch I have lost myself again
Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found,
Yeah I think that I might break
I've lost myself again and I feel unsafe

Be my friend
Hold me, wrap me up
Unfold me
I am small
I'm needy
Warm me up
And breathe me

My Interpretation
The meaning to me is that of a military sniper. The lyrics go really well with this.
"Help, I have done it again
I have been here many times before
Hurt myself again today
And, the worst part is there's no-one else to blame"

-The Sniper is referring to the person that he has shot "I've done it again" and he has done this multiple times "I’ve been here many times before", and the only person that the sniper can blame for doing this is himself. He is the one killing other people.

The long pause between the lines; And breathe me and then a 5 second pause; OUCH.

The Sniper is literally breathing, a key component of any type of marksmanship. He holds his breath for the few second pause in the song squeezes the trigger and then……………………………………………………………………………………
the bullet strikes the enemy with the line "OUCH!"

"Ouch I have lost myself again
Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found,
Yeah I think that I might break
I've lost myself again and I feel unsafe"

Ouch indicates the bullet hit the enemy, and now he has literally lost himself. He is a cold blooded killer who is slowly slipping away from being a normal sane human being.

So, what do you think?

Please reply with your thoughts too! Its like a 3 minute song and would be a quick download.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:17:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#2]
You DO know that smoking pot is illegal, don't you?  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:47:49 AM EDT
[#3]
You are way off.  The song is about autoeroticacsphyxiation.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You are way off.  The song is about autoeroticacsphyxiation.

lol. Come on, just stop being such a "I'm Mr. Tuff Guy" for a second and listen to it and find out what you think it means.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top