User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/20/2005 12:33:30 PM EDT
Sorry if a dupe but i find this kinda funny
Story Here

ETA; Story
By Jessica Willey
(12/19/05 - KTRK/HOUSTON) - A dispute that involved the wife of Houston's most famous pastor, Joel Osteen, and a Continental Airlines flight attendant ended up delaying a flight for hours Monday. And now, Victoria Osteen's actions on that flight are in the spotlight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also on ABC13.com:

Send us a news tip | RSS feeds | ABC13 E-lert | Info mentioned on air

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statements from Lakewood and Continental
Following the incident on Continental flight 1602 Monday, both Lakewood Church and Continental Airlines released these statements.
The Osteens run the largest church in the nation, so passengers on a Continental flight were shocked Monday when Mrs. Osteen was removed from that flight after a disturbance.

Taking time off from the high profile hustle and bustle of running a mega-church, Lakewood Church Pastor Joel Osteen and his family boarded Continental flight 1602 Monday morning at Houston's big airport. They were bound for the slopes in Colorado.

Their trip was delayed and so was the entire flight by almost two hours. Fellow passengers blame the popular Osteens, specifically Joel's wife, Victoria.

According to passenger accounts, the Osteens were sitting in first class. Soon after the plane's door was closed, the FBI says Victoria Osteen was removed following what Continental would call only a disturbance. The Osteens' spokesman confirms it involved a flight attendant, but that's all. However, one passenger tells Eyewitness News she was alerted to the front of the plane when she heard a commotion.

"She violently ran towards the cockpit, scaring everyone around her," said passenger Knicky Van Slyke. "Everyone was terrified about what was going on. And a bunch of flight attendants ran up and had to restrain her. She was banging on the door."

"Of the cockpit?" we asked.

"Yes."

Passengers say Victoria was removed first. Joel and the children followed. Meantime, everyone waited.

"They unloaded all the luggage to get their luggage and deplaned her, Joel, and the kids," said passenger Dawn Dixon.

Passenger Chad Clay said, "They kept telling us they were waiting on some passengers to find their luggage underneath in the plane, and it was going to be delayed for looking for that luggage."

According to the Transportation Security Administration, federal air marshals were never involved. Local authorities also know nothing of this event. Continental would not discuss details.

The Osteens' spokesman denies a physical altercation, denies Victoria ever banged on the cockpit door, and says she left on her own.

"The account of the event which has come to our attention is inaccurate and overblown. The misunderstanding was minor and was resolved when Victoria voluntarily removed herself from the situation," read the statement.

The FBI says it was not voluntary. Though agents are not investigating, they will review the incident as the Osteens enjoy their Colorado vacation.

The Osteens' spokesman says they took another flight to Colorado Monday.

Nobody has been charged. As for the FBI's involvement, we're told it's standard procedure for them to review all passenger removal incidents. According to Continental, this one is a closed case.

Pastor Joel Osteen preaches to an average of 40,000 people a week at Lakewood Church services. Lakewood opened in the former home of the Rockets, Compaq Center, back in July. It took $90 million and a year and a half of renovations. Osteen's ministry is taped and aired around the world.
(Copyright © 2005, KTRK-TV)

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought they had their own planes????
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

yeah they have enought money,,

what are they doing flying firstclsss anyway, shouldn';t pastors live somewhat modestly anyway?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:41:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Pretty funny.  My wife read his book and thinks his shit don't stink.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:41:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Not much  info on what Really went on.
i smell cover up
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess I missed the "kinda funny" part.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I have watched him on a few occasions and don't consider him to be a "Pastor" in the Biblical sense. He's more of a motivational speaker IMO.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:51:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Crazy bitch.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm sure the devil made her do it...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:53:03 PM EDT
[#9]
would you hit it?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:53:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

the funny part is that this guy runs a church that is in an old basketball stadium, what used to be the compaq center in houston, with like 3 services every sunday withattendeace at each of like 70,000.

he lives in a multi million dollar house, and is running a church? sounds more like a scam artist to me
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
would you hit it?

most likely given the opportunity
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:04:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the funny part is that this guy runs a church that is in an old basketball stadium, what used to be the compaq center in houston, with like 3 services every sunday withattendeace at each of like 70,000.

he lives in a multi million dollar house, and is running a church? sounds more like a scam artist to me

The unfunniest funny part of that is that 200,000+ people show up every Sunday and who knows how many more just send money.  That is truly sad.  If there is a God then he has a helluva sick sense of humor.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:04:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Gotta love the people at the top of organized religion.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:08:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Huh....  Never even heard of this Joel Osteen guy before.  He just a local celebrity or something?

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Huh....  Never even heard of this Joel Osteen guy before.  He just a local celebrity or something?

Hes a rather wealthy religious man.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Who the fuck is pastor Osteen?

You mention him in your title like he's Peyton Manning or something.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:11:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Who's Peyton manning?

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:12:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who's Peyton manning?

I have no clue
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The unfunniest funny part of that is that 200,000+ people show up every Sunday and who knows how many more just send money.  That is truly sad.  If there is a God then he has a helluva sick sense of humor.

There is indeed a God, and He does have a sense of humor.  

Those people you spoke of ought to read their Bible and they would quickly realise that Olsteen is not preaching the Gospel of Jesus.  Instead, he is preaching a "feel good" substitute for the true Gospel.  He is more of a motivational speaker than a preacher of God's Word.

God's sense of humor is obvious in that He allows people like this, that think way too much of themselves, to show what horses behinds they truly are.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:20:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who's Peyton manning?

He's this dude who runs a charity called Peyback.  Pretty big deal.  He and his brother also chartered a 'plane after Katrina to bring in supplies. No first class available, so they had to ride in back.  Poor guys even had to help unload.

www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/04/mannings.relief/

Oh yeah, he also plays football and attacks defenses, not flight attendants or cockpit doors.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Those people you spoke of ought to read their Bible and they would quickly realise that Olsteen is not preaching the Gospel of Jesus.  Instead, he is preaching a "feel good" substitute for the true Gospel.  He is more of a motivational speaker than a preacher of God's Word.

He stated on CNN that he believed sincerity in religion was all that was necessaary; Muslim, Christian, Hindu did not matter......

Yet he has 70,000 people at his 'church'.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:27:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Me, too.

It was 'kinda interesting', though.

Wonder what the ruckus was all about?

Some young floosie flirting with her Baby Daddy?

Eric The(Hmmm?)Hun
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah they have enought money,,

what are they doing flying firstclsss anyway, shouldn';t pastors live somewhat modestly anyway?

He's not a pastor.  He's a businessman.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I fail to detect anything newsworthy here.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I'd hit it pretty hard.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#28]
I think the whole thing is hilarious!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Quoted:

He stated on CNN that he believed sincerity in religion was all that was necessaary; Muslim, Christian, Hindu did not matter......

Yet he has 70,000 people at his 'church'.

So, according to him, all those sincere homicide bombers coming out of the mosques are..............

REALLY going to Paradise and the 72 virgins? Dayum.

Note: my pastors wife could take the babe 2 falls out of 3.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:38:16 PM EDT
[#30]
He's a 00's version of Jim Baker or Jimmy Swaggert.

A shyster of the highest order.  You gotta love the TV health & wealth preachers.  NOT.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted: would you hit it?
most likely given the opportunity

Yep, she's hot.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:18:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Osteen is a douchebag purveyor of good feelings and expectations of material prosperity. I am not surprised that his wife is a princess and/or headcase. I don't know why they don't charge people who do that on planes the cost of idling plus $100 per hour per passenger to compensate the other customers for the inconvenience.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:33:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who's Peyton manning?

I have no clue

i know who both of them are and dont care much for either  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

not the first, won't be the last  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can any one say PTL Club?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Pass

The

Loot
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:51:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Remember the parable in Luke about the rich man and Lazuras?

The religous authority back in the time of Christ believed that rich people were blessed by God and poor people were cursed. It's funny, because this sounds reeeeeeallly familar to today's charasmatic teachings.

Things don't change alot.

Jesus's parable (yes, it is a parable) was a warning to those who are wealthy and do not share their blessings with the poor.  

It was also a warning to the pharisees that they were about to have the rug pulled out from under them.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:08:12 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

God's sense of humor is obvious in that He allows people like this, that think way too much of themselves, to show what horses behinds they truly are.

Yea that god is fuck’n hilarious, cancer is a real riot, death of babies by starvation every day of the week, super volcanoes too, the hits just keep on coming.

Free your mind.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea that god is fuck’n hilarious, cancer is a real riot, death of babies by starvation every day of the week, super volcanoes too, the hits just keep on coming.

Free your mind.

If only we all had your wisdom and insight. It must be lonely there on the pinnacle of reason, looking down on the fools who inhabit this planet.

Be sure you save your post so you can ruefully chuckle at it when you grow up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:26:22 PM EDT
[#42]
I do enjoy his positive outlook and advise on dealing with crazy stuff in this world. He and his wife are only human. They will screw up too. Too bad stuff like this has to happen.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Here's the Flight Attendant involved in the ruckus.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Here's the Flight Attendant involved in the ruckus.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:49:04 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Free your mind.

If only we all had your wisdom and insight. It must be lonely there on the pinnacle of reason, looking down on the fools who inhabit this planet.

Be sure you save your post so you can ruefully chuckle at it when you grow up.

I don't want to hijack, but what exactly about what I said rubs you the wrong way?

Can you seriously tell me the facts of our earthly circumstances are not all fucked up?

I guess when I “grow up” I will get it?

But what if I don't get the chance to “grow up” because I get brain cancer? Or am born in a shitty country? Or at the wrong time in history, you know, like most of the humans that have ever existed? Or a plague kills me and everyone I know? Or I get rat fucked by a crazy person who values my life somewhere around $10-$15?

This fucked up list could go on and on forever, except of course, I would die of dehydration, or starvation, or sleep depravation, or asteroid impact, or the sun going supernova, or…you get my point yet?

All I'm say'n; "God" is a child’s view of existence, which doesn’t even stand up to the simplest smell test, let alone to the leviathan scientific evidence.

So how about you grow up? or at the very least read a little more.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Lucky there were no AMs on that flight. In Florida they wasted a guy for doing similar shit.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:02:27 PM EDT
[#47]
I don't understand...why didn't they Arrest them and search them?

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Gotta love the people at the top of organized religion.

they arent, they dont represent me and dont think they represent other christians too.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Pass

The

Loot

NO,NO,NO!!! it's

PAY
THE
LADY!!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:08:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Oh, a grounded plane. Damn. I thought otherwise. I'll be going now.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top