Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 12:01:58 PM EDT
Okay, I was wondering how many of you check your spouses email accts without them knowing about it.  We have been thru a lot, most of it posted here from time to time, things have been going smoothly lately but there still is a question in my mind as to whether she is doing things she isn't supposed to.  I imagine it is all in my head however I still find the urge to check her email accts both at home or at work.
I know this is wrong, don't really know why I do it or what I am looking for or more over what I would do if I found something. I can't imagine I am the only one...
And on the same note what would you do if you found out something by doing this? How would you approach the situation....
Flame away
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, trust issues much? With or without cause, its still illegally accessing someone elses secured computer systems.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:04:02 PM EDT
[#2]
No.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:04:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't.

Either you can trust her or you can't.

If you can't, move on.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:05:42 PM EDT
[#4]
No trust, no relationship.

BOTH ways.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Not very much trust in the relationship.

What are you hoping to find?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Wow, trust issues much? With or without cause, its still illegally accessing someone elses secured computer systems.

Yeah, there are trust issues, I posted about them a while back, we seem to have worked thru them I guess this is my way of reassuring myself.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Not very much trust in the relationship.

What are you hoping to find?

hopefully nothing
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#8]
The only time I ever have seen my wife's email box was when she let me watched when she was checking it on my computer here at work.

She had 1200 bulk mail messages on her Yahoo! account.

I asked how many she gets a day?  About 400....

Last time I wanted to know about her mail...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:09:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Trust, but verify.
-Ronald Reagan
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:09:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Regan, quoting a Russian proverb: "Trust, but verify."

ETA: Damn, ARDunstan in just before me!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

What?  Dude take off your tinfoil hat and back away from the bong.  Marriage=no privacy from each other.  What's yours is hers whats hers is your's
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#12]
No i have never spied on my wife by going through her emails.

Then again i love and TRUST her 100%.
seems like a low thing to do if you ask me.
maybe if you asked her she would let you look...?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Only time I'd consider doing it would be if I knew she was cheating, or doing
somthing like that, and, I already knew I was divorceing her.

If you've got to check e-mail, you need to not be together anymore, IMO.

You're doing everyone involved a favor.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:13:04 PM EDT
[#14]
You might ought to think about walking away my friend.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

What?  Dude take off your tinfoil hat and back away from the bong.  Marriage=no privacy from each other.  What's yours is hers whats hers is your's hers.

Fixed it for you.

At least that is the way she and the courts will see it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:15:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Trust, but verify.
-Ronald Reagan

I second that! Or did I third it?.....Anyway that's how one of my buds found his Mrs to be less than faithful. Was it morally wrong? No more than the cheating bitch he caught.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#17]
It probably won't be readily apparent in her normal e-mail address if she is in fact up to no good. Aren't you one of the guys that posted about their wife never giving them any loving for months and months at a time? And then she finally let you do her after she'd had a lesbian sex act with a friend's wife? I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:24:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Trust, but verify.
-Ronald Reagan

I second that! Or did I third it?.....Anyway that's how one of my buds found his Mrs to be less than faithful. Was it morally wrong? No more than the cheating bitch he caught.

Ah, but if she is not cheating, she is a step above him in the moral department.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:25:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I never check my wife's email.  Sometimes I want too, but I resist the urge.

10 year anniversary next month!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Nope. Besides, we password our accounts; neither has access to the others main accounts.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Sure, all the time.  She uses mine for ebay-ing.  I use hers for my various Nigerian Bank scams.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
What?  Dude take off your tinfoil hat and back away from the bong.  Marriage=no privacy from each other.  What's yours is hers whats hers is your's

Um, He said he was checking her work email account...that is a breach that could cost her job if the IT staff found out.

I imagine it is all in my head however I still find the urge to check her email accts both at home or at work

Read the post next time...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
It probably won't be readily apparent in her normal e-mail address if she is in fact up to no good. Aren't you one of the guys that posted about their wife never giving them any loving for months and months at a time? And then she finally let you do her after she'd had a lesbian sex act with a friend's wife? I could be wrong.

Yeah, that was one of my posts, like I said there have been a couple of issues I posted on.  We both had eachother's passwords just because, well one day I decided to check and low and behold she changed hers. Well she is somewhat predictable and it didn't take me too long to figure the new one out.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um, He said he was checking her work email account...that is a breach that could cost her job if the IT staff found out.

I imagine it is all in my head however I still find the urge to check her email accts both at home or at work

Read the post next time...

I did say her work acct too, by accident trolling around on the home comp I noticed the log in page to her work email acct, so knowing the passwords she always uses it was easy to do.  Didn't find too much and am not really worried about her company firing her considering they will never know. It is a web access page for the company she works at.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll man up. I used to check my wife's E-mail and Cell Phone history.

Then, I grew up and realized that if she wanted to be here, she would. If she wanted to go out and bang someone else, she would. My wife has been nothing but honest and outspoken with me. If there is something going on, She'll tell me.  

It doesnt matter if you catch her in the act or not, because if you do it wont upset her. She already doesnt care enough to be honest. Whats it to her if you are upset?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:38:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Why be in a relationship with someone that gives you concern and even brings to mind the idea of spying on them? Jesus, find a better relationship where you have trust.

- rem
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, that was one of my posts, like I said there have been a couple of issues I posted on.  We both had eachother's passwords just because, well one day I decided to check and low and behold she changed hers. Well she is somewhat predictable and it didn't take me too long to figure the new one out.

I'm sorry to hear about your issues, I really am. It sounds like you've got some major problems besides just trust though. Your wife has a lot of red flags. I gotta side with a lot of the other guys here that with these sorts of issues, there's not much of an actual marriage there. Why be with somebody exclusively (married) that you can't trust, won't make love to you, and wants to have sex with other people?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:46:54 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sorry to hear about your issues, I really am. It sounds like you've got some major problems besides just trust though. Your wife has a lot of red flags. I gotta side with a lot of the other guys here that with these sorts of issues, there's not much of an actual marriage there. Why be with somebody exclusively (married) that you can't trust, won't make love to you, and wants to have sex with other people?

Thanks, the whole thing with the other chick ended or at least that is what I was told so my checking her email is/was a way to "verify" that she actually put it all to bed (no pun intended)
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Do you know the password?

Is it a pop account?

Linky
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Is it a pop account?

Linky

what's the deal with the link?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it a pop account?

Linky

Mailwasher... it will pop into the account and download everything leaving it alone in the original account.  No trace that it was looked at.

Its main use is to pull down and weed thru spam, report it to spamcop.net, and bounce back if you want.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:04:22 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is it a pop account?

Linky

Mailwasher... it will pop into the account and download everything leaving it alone in the original account.  No trace that it was looked at.

Its main use is to pull down and weed thru spam, report it to spamcop.net, and bounce back if you want.

sounds like you have done this before?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sounds like you have done this before?

Nope.  I do use the product to manage my own mail.  And I pop into the wife's account to handle her spam, but we have zero privacy issues and she knows what I'm doing.

My ex decided to be sneaky & run around... she got caught & kicked to the curb.  My wife knows this and knows I had a bit of time getting over trust issues.  Everything with us is 100% in the open.  Even my pron collection  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#34]
I would't go thru that crap if the winning Powerball number was in there somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:10:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:16:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm a curious SOB, and I still wouldn't do it, because I wouldn't want her doing it to me.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/airwolf144/women_internet.jpg

Just wanting to check her email after her affair is just the TIP on the iceberg dude. Take my advice, you cannot heal a broken relationship, it will eat you alive, leave now.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Yeah, you wanna make sure she's not spending a lot of money on something like expensive guns or something.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:47:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Lacking in the trust dept?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't check my wife's stuff.

I don't allow my wife to touch computers, phones or any mechanical devices other than gas-powered kitchen appliances.

I trust her implicitly, because she's not allowed to leave the house.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top