Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/20/2005 11:57:13 AM EDT
I went to the PX today for HVAC filters. The 3M ones were the best thing they had. Some were priced above $15.00, some were priced at $6.95.

I found the size I needed... the only 3M ones in that size I needed. The tag on the shelf indicated the size, brand, and price: $6.95. There are five on the shelf so I just grab all of them.

I stand in line for about 10+ minutes. The cashier rings it up... $79 and change. I look at the receipt and asked, "what was the price on those?"

She tells me $15.95. I tell her the price on the shelf was $6.95. She asks the girl in the next cashier, who als works in hardware. The cashier didn't even finish asking before the hardware bitch says, "no, that's the price, it's not wrong!" The cashier obviously got pissed about that, and told me to go check the tag on the shelf again.

I do and make sure it's the only 3M in that size. It is.

Now this part you can ignore if you want. I check the UPC code. Not a match, assuming I'm looking at the right one.

I yank the tag off the shelf and head for customer service. I wait for over and hour for my number ot be called.

The girl at the counter check the codes, says it's the wrong tag. I explain to her it was the only one there and no customer could have mistakenly put these in that place on the shelf... not ALL five and not when there were no others on the shelf to confuse it with.

She tells me there's nothing they can do. The ones for that price are out of stock. Another bitch comes over and tells me the UPC codes don't match. At this point I'm already pissed for having to wait for so long and I start raising my voice a little saying "Ok... then what's the point of having PRICE TAGS on the shelf? Why don't you just have UPC codes and make people look to see if the code matches? I dont' know anythign about UPC codes. I see a tag, I see a price, I see the items on the shelf above the tag... I pick up the item. Where does UPC codes come into the equation? Am I supposed walk around checking everything I want ot buy to make sure you people didn't screw up stocking the shelves?"

"Sir, there's nothing we can do."

"You can give me the filters for the price I thought I was paying for them."

"We can't do that."

"Fine, give me my money back..." and that hour+ of my life...

I think I'll write a letter to AAFES and complain to someone higher on the food chain.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Most places usually give the item to me with the marked price, but, some don't.

The only time they are bound to is if the price is advertised, I think.

I'd go to the store manager.

The Post's CSM or AG might be appropriate too.

I'm sure they would be interested in AAFES screwing over troops.

There really is nothing the drones can do for you though.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:02:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Huh

I think they should have given them to you for the price on them. If there is no price ON them (which I HATE), they should give it to you for the price on the shelf.

However... this has a downside too. Every cheapskate would go put a pile of whatever they wanted cheaply on a different shelf and then go insist on the cheaper price.

*shrug* Keep track of it. Someday one will go your way.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#4]
if the UPC doesn't match, i don't think you have much of a case here.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:04:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I haved little tolerance for "customer service."

But in your case, I see their point.  If the ITEM was mismarked, and it's not like $1.98 for a flatscreen setup, I think you are correct.  

But if something is in the wrong space, you or anyone could have done that.  It's not necessarily a stor error.

Not what you want to hear, I guess.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:04:54 PM EDT
[#6]
AFAIK- the price on the shelf is the price they can LEGALLY charge the customer.

If it says $5.00 on the shelf, but riings up at $6.00- you should only pay the $5.00 otherwise it may move towards false advertising / fraud / bait and switch.

Ask the state AG.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:08:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
AFAIK- the price on the shelf is the price they can LEGALLY charge the customer.

If it says $5.00 on the shelf, but riings up at $6.00- you should only pay the $5.00 otherwise it may move towards false advertising / fraud / bait and switch.

Ask the state AG.

Local laws, but a clarification:

Wat the item marked incorrectly, or was it in the wrong spot, a spot where a different prices was indicated?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ask the state AG.

Wat the item marked incorrectly, or was it in the wrong spot, a spot where a different prices was indicated?

I see your point, but in all honesty - I DON'T CARE!!!

As a CUSTOMER, I want simple, legible pricing on the items. Who's job is that??- The STORE'S job.
Untill they pay me consulting fees to point out their (constant) screw-ups, FVCK 'EM.

I can't even find grocery store 'managers' that can comprehend the difference between gross weight and net weight.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ask the state AG.

I see your point, but in all honesty - I DON'T CARE!!!

As a CUSTOMER, I want simple, legible pricing on the items. Who's job is that??- The STORE'S job.
Untill they pay me consulting fees to point out their (constant) screw-ups, FVCK 'EM.

I can't even find grocery store 'managers' that can comprehend the difference between gross weight and net weight.

Totally agreed, the ITEM should have a clear price, its' in everyone's interest.  But you and I both know that if the word gets out that if something is on a shelf with the wrong price, the shitbags will start jamming refirgerators int the magazine rack to get "the marked price."  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
if the ups code didn't match they don't owe you anything.

you were wrong for trying to force them into losing money.

+1

Sorry you didn't get the deal you thought you would.
Suck it up and move on.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Do they check your receipt at the door of the PX?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#12]
The way it works is this:

I don't care to compare 15 digit UPCs on every purchase I make.
It used to be that they priced every item on the shelf with its price. These days they are too lazy to do that, since they have UPC bar-codes pre-printed by the manufacturer, and their POS terminals can just read the bar code.

I, not being able to read bar-codes, and not thinking it unreasonable that I should have to read 5 point, 15 digit UPCs just look at the price on the shelf.

The price is an offer to sell. I tender that price - its a contract - they have to sell at that price.

If they want to protect themselves against items being mis-placed on the shelves, they need to print a (legible) description of what the price applies to - maufacturer, size and description of item. If they can't be bothered to do that, not my problem.

Talk to a lawyer about a breach of contract suit.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

It used to be that they priced every item on the shelf with its price. These days they are too lazy to do that, since they have UPC bar-codes pre-printed by the manufacturer, and their POS terminals can just read the bar code.

I, not being able to read bar-codes, and not thinking it unreasonable that I should have to read 5 point, 15 digit UPCs just look at the price on the shelf.

The price is an offer to sell. I tender that price - its a contract - they have to sell at that price.

If they want to protect themselves against items being mis-placed on the shelves, they need to print a (legible) description of what the price applies to - maufacturer, size and description of item. If they can't be bothered to do that, not my problem.

Excellent remedy to a price bust on a $7 furnace filter.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:43:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

What color is the sky in your little world?  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:45:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok, so let me go down to best buy and get a super plasma tv for the price of a 13 in black n white - that is essentially what you expected them to do. If the pricetag was on the thing and mismarked that would be a different story.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:47:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So is it ok when they do it with food???

I complain that the price on the shelf was $2.99 for a gallon of milk.
Milk rings up at $3.99.
Manager goes back with me and sees that the price IS $2.99 on the shelf.

NOW - what about the 500 families that got ripped of that day????
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's a flip side though.  Is it fine for a store to have an item marked at one price on the shelf to get you to pick it up and then see how many it can get sold for a few dollars more because most people wont notice it in a large purchase?  

I agree.... who's going to sue for a less than $50, but everyone here is so quick to think the customer is always trying to screww the store, but it actually happens the other way quite often at places like the grocery store.  I don't know if that's on purpose or just poor management but almost every store in town had charged more for the items in a grocery cart than what was marked when they were checked on it.

Food for thought, not saying it's an equivelant situation.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:48:42 PM EDT
[#19]
The store should honor mis-priced goods if its to the customers benefit. That being said, you need to compare UPC codes as well .
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Now this part you can ignore if you want. I check the UPC code. Not a match, assuming I'm looking at the right one.

"If you're not cheating, you're not trying".....wonder where I learned that from.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Milk rings up at $3.99.

It's a random error. The chances are just as great that a $1.00 error was made in the customers' favor somewhere else in the store.

The previous poster would suggest that you should not have accepted the price adjustment, but sued them.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#22]
If the store charged you more than they should have or you accidentally gave them too much money, what would you want them to do? It's not like stores do it on purpose. Most stores try to be as accurate as possible or they may get dinged by Weights & Measures Dept.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:55:22 PM EDT
[#23]
The store definitely owes you the product at that price as well as damages - you were damaged by this, weren't you?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:59:24 PM EDT
[#24]
They are right you are not.

You're mad you argument doesn't hold water and are mad because the customer service people pointed it out to you.

How do they know you just didn't push the stack so it was over the lower price then take them to the register?

You have no arguement.  Why should they lose ~$40 dollars because you can't read?  Don't like their policies don't shop there, its simple.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#25]
As someone who works in a store I can tell you--
Stores are having more and more problems with people switching price tags.
At higher-priced stores they do it by printing fake barcode labels.
At grocery and cheaper stores, they usually just do it by rearranging shelf tags or signs and then saying "but look, the tag/sign says it's supposed to be that cheap!".

If the item was on sale and (at midnight) is taken off sale but the tag is still there--we will know that and that is somewhat-understandable and sometimes we let them have it for the sale price anyway. But people do this with everything, we catch someone doing it just about every day, and this store is not in a partcularly-low-income area. Last year our stores switched to different labels for store-wrapped seafood and meat, because people were peeling off cheaper deli/meat tags and sticking them on HUGE packages of steaks, shrimp and crablegs. People will stick rotgut wine tags on shelves of bottles of liquer that cost $30 each, and will argue that they should get it for $2.99 a bottle.

They get told to pay the real price or shop somewhere else. You can be offended if you want, but pretty soon you won't be able to "go somewhere else" because ALL stores are going to be like this. It is happening way too much to allow people claiming it the benefit of the doubt now. We are instructed to inform people now that the price is what the register rings up--the shelf tags and sign prices are not guaranteed.    
~~~~~~~

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Everyone is allowed to make mistakes, even $6/hr employees who place the wrong price tag on the shelf. Get over it and move on.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Milk rings up at $3.99.

It's a random error. The chances are just as great that a $1.00 error was made in the customers' favor somewhere else in the store.

The previous poster would suggest that you should not have accepted the price adjustment, but sued them.

1. - I'm REALLY strating to doubt that these are all random errors.

more likely someone trying to hit their bonus that week/month.

2. It's NEVER in my favor - ALWAYS the store's......

3. Maybe they should be sued... if that's what it takes to make them have correct info available to their customers.

then there is incompetence on the employees part;

I'm trying to find an inexpensive DVD ROM drive for a single mom, customer of mine.

I call 4 stores- CompUSA guy says they have DVD burners for $29.95.
I ask him to confirm the info- he says the have Mad Dog / I/O Gear / Memorex / CompUSA brand at that price.

30 minutes to drive there - guess what?? NO DVD DRIVES FOR $29.95.
Punk ass manager offers me a drive for $59.!!!!!
He won't make it good, and basically tells me he can't/won't help me.

So new there is a very well thought out yet venomous letter that goes to his district suppervisor and to corporate HQ.

This shit happens all the time and i'm frickin' tired of it.

No one will take responsibility for ANYTHING any more.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:12:17 PM EDT
[#28]
There was no price tag to switch though... Like I said, there was a tag for Filtrain 24x16 filters @ $6.95. These were the only ones in this size by Filtrain. It's not like I could have moved them to a cheaper shelf with the same product description. This isn't Home Depot where they have a wall of filters up to the ceiling. There was 3M and Brand-X. All of the other filters were different sizes so there was no mistaking that this was definitely their mistake. Not someone swapping stuff on the shelves.

Normally I don't make a big deal out of something like this but I was pissed, partly because the bitch at the cashier told me I was wrong and partly on principle because it was obviously their screw up.

I agree, life was easier when things had their own individual price tags. Imagine if everything was like a magainze with the price built in...

I doubt there would have been a rush of other people trying to buy mispriced filters... since I was trying to buy them all. And I wasn't trying to buy them all because I knew they were supposed to cost more than the shelf price, but because I wanted to grab a bunch and be done with it for a while.

It's the principle. They made the mistake... they should pay for it. Odda re they wouldn't lose money on them in the long run.

I'll keep this in mind next time I get pulled over for speeding...
"Yeah sorry about that officer... I screwed up... but I'm not paying any fines. See ya!!" VVRROOOOMM!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#29]
IIRC, a price tag is not an offer to sell at the listed price, but an invitation for offers to buy at the listed price. According to my Contracts professor (back when we rode dinosaurs to law school), even if a price tag is "correct," the merchant can refuse to sell at the tag price.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Doesn't really sound like mis-pricing to me, but mis-placed merchandise.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

But why does the customer always suffer for the store screw up????
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Misplaced from where... there was no other place it could have gone except that spot... and there was no other ones that size that should have been in that spot. Either they should have put a different price tag there and goofed up or they get off on watching people stand in line for 10-15 minutes thinking they're going to pay one price, get to the check out and find out it's another price and they ust say "screw it... I waited all this time in line, just give it to me" and BAM... they win the "I just screwed another customer" game.

After waiting 10-15 minutes in line and then another 1.5-ish hours waiting in customer service they should have given it to me on priciple... or somehow give me 2 hours of my life back. In the grand scheme of things they wouldn't have gone bankrupt or anything by giving them to me at that price. It's not like the AAFES/PX is this great place for hot deals anymore. They rip people off just like any place else... sometimes more.

Quoted:
exactly how did he suffer?

If you had to sit in the customer service area that long you'd know what my suffering was.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Im a store manager at a local auto parts store and i can tell you it is pretty much required for the store to adjust the price if it is mislabeled.  I personaly would have told them I wanted the item at the price listed or I would contact the state Attorney Generals office, department of Weights and Measures and file a complaint. I can tell you, 99% of retail outlets cringe at the thought of Weights and Measures showing up. It can lead to BIG, HUGE fines ..... They usualy show up once a year unannounced but will show up quite fast if a complaint is filed.

The store should have made you a happy customer.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:49:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
you also had a good feeling that price was wrong before you got in line.

NO. I never said that and I was shocked when I saw the price that came up on the display... as my hand was signing the credit card thingy...

If I thought the price was mismarked I'd have asked about it and had it price check... not waste all that time.

I did have any idea AFTER I payed for it that it was mismarked... after I went back to the isle, and looked. But I wasn't sure because I don't know dick about UPC codes.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But why does the customer always suffer for the store screw up????

exactly how did he suffer?

he could have laid down the merchandise and walked out since he knew that was the wrong price anyway. no one made him pay for it, no one made him go sit in line at customer service.

Ok, so I go shopping, and stand in line to pay for my items.
Through no fault of mine, there is an incorrect price that rings up at the register.
NOW _ I have to take my time to point out the store's mistake to the manager, probbly have to follow him back to the shelf so they can confirm THEIR mistake, and waste more of MY time because of THEIR error.

If I make a mistake on one my jobs, do I expect the customer to fix it?? HELL NO!
I take pride in the quality of work I do and the services I provide.
I'm not happy until the customer is happy.
I hate having to go back to a customer and tell them the cost will have to be increased because the VENDOR quoted me the wrong price. It's unprofessional and wastes everyone's time.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:17:31 PM EDT
[#39]
If the UPC on the box doesnt match the one where the price on the shelf is then you dont get them for the price on the shelf.

Anyone can get a stack of something and move it onto some other place on the shelf and then all of a sudden demand that item for the price on the shelf, althought most of the times its just a mistake by a stocker putting it on the wrong spot.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
If the UPC on the box doesnt match the one where the price on the shelf is then you dont get them for the price on the shelf.

Anyone can get a stack of something and move it onto some other place on the shelf and then all of a sudden demand that item for the price on the shelf, althought most of the times its just a mistake by a stocker putting it on the wrong spot.

Soooo.. the store can do anything it wants, charge any price it wants, it can overcharge their customers as much as they will stand.
Nice way to do business.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:16:37 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Did you read anything before your post?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:34:09 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

+1.  You wnet back, read the UPC code was different (regardless of where the filters where stacked) and you tried to claim a price change.  UPC code tags on shelves can be very short sometimes and not specific to the exact description. did it say "3m Filters" or did it list the exact name and measurements?  I'll bet it didn't cause the UPC was different.

I have run into that before For all you know, a previous customer stacked those in that spot when they moved them to get the ones they wanted.

the only times I've gotten the below "marked price" was when I bought some crazy glue packs at ACO that had a big yellow sign "SPECIAL $1", and the register rang it up at like $1.80 or something. I asked the cashier, she sent another emplyee to check the aisle, and came back with the yellow sign in hand.  It was for last week's sale, and they forgot to take it down.  I got the reduced price. And one other time when we bought a dart board and the box itself was mismarked. The person put the wrong price tag ON the box.

I too hate the whole not pricing each item, but checking the UPC against the tag is the only for sure thing... unless it's like Meijer's and they have those "self-scan stations" every other aisle.

No Expert
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:37:09 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
did it say "3m Filters" or did it list the exact name and measurements?

I already said the price tag on the shelf said the exact measurements and name of the filter... which matched the items I was buying...

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:05:35 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
did it say "3m Filters" or did it list the exact name and measurements?

I already said the price tag on the shelf said the exact measurements and name of the filter... which matched the items I was buying...

Okay, gotcha...and there was two different UPC codes why?

Two different products?  Same size but different quality?

I can't find anything about "Filtrain" filters from 3... not even at 3M's website, but I did find:

Filtrete Filters

Five different grades of filters,  all in ranges of sizes, and I'm sure they are not all the same price.
All I'm saying, is that its likely "Filtrain 24x16 filters", maybe be a description of more than one specific product.... hence different UPC codes.

I agree with you that everything should be individually priced, but with massive quantities of items on shelves nowadays, it ain't likely gonna happen in major outlets.  But, if you hand them a price tag for a different item...its for a different item. That's one of the benefits of UPC codes, the Libby Brand green beans in "french cut" and the Libby Brand green beans "shredded cut" (or whatever it's called) have different numbers.  The shelf tags might say "Libby Green Beans".

Best of luck to you,

No Expert
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:37:25 AM EDT
[#45]
You should have gotten your money back, then squirted milk all over the customer service counter.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:46:40 AM EDT
[#46]
if it's the store's mistake, they should honor the lower price.  from what i've seen, the store i currently work at will do that .  it's just good customer service.

the only problem is knowing whether or not it was the store's fault.  i used to sell shoes, and we'd have customers switch out price tags.  we could usually tell if a customer had switched the tags.  if they immediately went on the defensive and didn't act the slightest bit suprised at the real price, we could assume they had switched the tags, and they would not get the lower price.  if they acted truely suprised, or offered to pay the actual price, they'd be given the shoes at the lower price.

edit:  i saw a couple people mention upc codes...  do y'all really expect customers to check the upc code on every item they purchase?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:02:22 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Wrong.....

If item description matches, the upc is irrelevant.  Example XM Sky-fi car installation kit.  My mounting bracket broke.  The store I bought it at was out of stock so I had to go to a different one(same chain)  This store had the identical product in different packaging.  Different UPC.  

2nd example......I go to a lowes lumber store.  See 5 gallon cans of kerosene for $5.95.  I buy 2.  Get to the register and they ring up $16 something.  The rack is visible from the register and I point out the tag to the cashier.  Cashier calls manager.  Manager looks at the tag.  Wrong tag.  It was for empty cans but all it says is 5 gal kero and the price.  He sells them to me at the posted price and corrects the tag.  (if I had more money, I would have cleaned up on that).

3rd example years ago external floppy drive.  priced at$9.99.  Actual $199.99.  Sold to me at sticker price.  I don't know what the law is where you live, but in TN, the store must sell to the customer at the lowest marked price.  Even if mispriced.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:14:33 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
As someone who works in a store I can tell you--
Stores are having more and more problems with people switching price tags.
At higher-priced stores they do it by printing fake barcode labels.
At grocery and cheaper stores, they usually just do it by rearranging shelf tags or signs and then saying "but look, the tag/sign says it's supposed to be that cheap!".

If the item was on sale and (at midnight) is taken off sale but the tag is still there--we will know that and that is somewhat-understandable and sometimes we let them have it for the sale price anyway. But people do this with everything, we catch someone doing it just about every day, and this store is not in a partcularly-low-income area. Last year our stores switched to different labels for store-wrapped seafood and meat, because people were peeling off cheaper deli/meat tags and sticking them on HUGE packages of steaks, shrimp and crablegs. People will stick rotgut wine tags on shelves of bottles of liquer that cost $30 each, and will argue that they should get it for $2.99 a bottle.

They get told to pay the real price or shop somewhere else. You can be offended if you want, but pretty soon you won't be able to "go somewhere else" because ALL stores are going to be like this. It is happening way too much to allow people claiming it the benefit of the doubt now. We are instructed to inform people now that the price is what the register rings up--the shelf tags and sign prices are not guaranteed.    
~~~~~~~

If that's let to go too far then the stores are going to be free and clear to just mark them any way they please and tell the customer "tough just pay what we say now or walk".  I understand one side of it but going to the opposite extreme isn't too great either.  Why not make sure the UPC is on every shelf tag.  Then it's a simple matter to clear up mistakes.   Don't make it stickers either, printed right on the tag to keep out the UPC printing assholes.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:27:58 AM EDT
[#49]
If the UPC had matched, I'd say you have a case...or if it was a VERY clear case of price mismarking on the item itself.

I once bought a nice set of Black and Decker drills at about half price because they were set up in a seperate display all by themselves, and the price on the display was incorrect...something like $9.99 for a 25 piece set. (normal price should've been something closer to $25 or so...I KNEW it was a mistake.

Got to the register and it rang up at around $25, got the manager over and pointed out the display. She cringed and tried to say, 'well, it's just mismarked......' I just looked at her and gave a little smile while I pointed to the price on the display...she sorta grimaced and said ' it's your's at the marked price'...as I was walking away, she took the sign OFF the display (so there was NO marked price), and said she was gonna correct it.....

In THAT case I could legally argue that I should be sold the product at the lower price...even the UPC matched...in your's, it's not so clear...

Let it go.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:46:47 AM EDT
[#50]
My PX now has the price scan checkers all over the store. That right there is the best thing. If the price does not match I do not even bother. AAFES does not budge on wrong pricing been there done that. The best is the clothes on the 70% clearance rack. Same style differant size and they will not honor it. I can see if it was a single item.  Walmart and those stores are alot easier to push, but AAFES I stop wasting my time waiting at customer service. Best energy you can spend is asking for the price scan checkers.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top