Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/20/2005 8:24:59 AM EDT
Not anything new, except I REALLY pissed this lady off apparently.

I might rant a little so please forgive me.

I work in the local mall, and since the hurricaines buisness has increased by ten-fold, it's nuts.

Anyway, this lady one of her friends and and about 5 kids come up the other night about 10 minutes till closing. They order leave and come back about 5 minutes after we closed.
Apparently, one of the kid dropped the pickle they had bought and they wanted another one...for free.

Now, I have been there for 3 years and this crap happens all the time, I calmly told the woman that if I had dropped the pickle I would glady give her another one but they dropped the pickle so not miy fault no  free pickle.

And thats right around when she flipped out.

"What do you mean? I've never heard of anything like that before. What about fucking customer service?"

At this point I gave up and just ignored her and went back to cleaning, it usually works with most people. She then asked the girl I was working with for my name, my bosses name, our phone #'s etc

Then she started with this..."You ain't nuthin but a punk ass n@$%a. Thats right you heard me you punk ass bitch. Why don't you meet me outside." Oh and I'm white by the way

All while holding a small child. Then the whole group started urging the girl who dropped the pickle to throw it at me

Skip ahead to the next day, she comes back while I'm explaining what happed to a fellow coworker and she starts calling me an idiot telling me that I'm lucky I'm not on the otherside of the counter.

What the hell is wrong with people? Everyone should have to work with the public before they can get a real job

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:26:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had ladies begging me for more pickle for years.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:27:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Crack don't smoke itself.....
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:29:02 AM EDT
[#3]
This is hust me but I would have stepped to the other side of the counter.

Or given her a pickle  after I went for a "Wing Hunt" to find one thats is just perfect for her.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#4]
What color what she?

I've got $10 that says I know........
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:29:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've had ladies begging me for more pickle for years.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:30:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Crack don't smoke itself.....

Crack don smo' isseff
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:30:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Man, when I worked retail I'd kick people out at the drop of a hat.
"We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"!

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#8]
dejavu.  Ahhh, New Orleans.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:31:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:32:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What color what she?

I've got $20 on her where she gets her money......
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:33:06 AM EDT
[#11]
You should have told her that she was the one acting like a n#gg!@!!!!!!!!   LOL.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Something like this happened to me in the parking lot the mall once. Some soccer mom idiot almost hit me with her car while she was on the cell phone. Anyway, I yelled at her to hang-up and drive; she stops her car, opens the door to her car and starts to walk and yell at me about minding my own business.

I looked her in the eye and said something like this: "SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH AND GET BACK IN YOUR CAR...IF YOU DONT I'LL FOLLOW YOU HOME AND I'LL KILL YOU, YOU'R ENTIRE FAMILY, RAPE YOUR DOG, AND BURN YOUR HOUSE TO THE GROUND !!"

She just looked at me, turned around and got back in her car.

Sometimes bitches need to be put in their place!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:33:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What color what she?

Your guess is probably right, I just don't want to end up getting the thread locked.

I couldn't have kicked her out, the counter faces the inside of the mall...you know what I mean.

Wait, theres more. I park my car in the back in employee parking. The girls I work with who parked in front of the mall saind the lady and her posse were waiting in the parking lot dancing.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:35:12 AM EDT
[#14]

You can take them out of prison but you can't get prison out of them.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:35:12 AM EDT
[#15]
People who yell and scream at other people who serve them food are not very bright.  Pay back is too easy!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:35:33 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Something like this happened to me in the parking lot the mall once. Some soccer mom idiot almost hit me with her car while she was on the cell phone. Anyway, I yelled at her to hang-up and drive; she stops her car, opens the door to her car and starts to walk and yell at me about minding my own business.

I looked her in the eye and said something like this: "SHUT YOUR FUCKING PIE-HOLE AND GET BACK IN YOUR CAR...IF YOU DONT I'LL FOLLOW YOU HOME AND I'LL KILL YOU, YOU'R ENTIRE FAMILY, RAPE YOUR DOG, AND BURN YOUR HOUSE TO THE GROUND !!"

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:35:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Ruke #1: NEVER... I mean NEVER insult, talk down to, be rude to a person who is preparing or serving you food (you never know where that pickle might have been just  before you ate it).
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:35:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What color what she?

Methinks you both have the answer, to the tune of $30.....  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:35:50 AM EDT
[#19]
I've seen worse.

I remember an incident where my girlfriend was threatened by some shoplifters she caught.

I showed up to pick her up from work as they were being put in the police car and calling her "white bitch" and threatening to "get her" one night in the parking lot, etc. I was pretty pissed and made a point to be able to recognize both of these femals and started to show up early to pick up my gf from work.

Anyway, fast forward about 8 years to the time where I was working for the school board doing security checks on applicants/employess and the same two bitches show up to apply for a county job. I recognized them and they didn't know who the fuck I was.

I was estatic with joy when they both indicated they had never been arrested (pretty much an automatic roadblock for EVER being hired). They provided some misleading personal information but it wasn't hard for me to track down the incident of their arrest (and a few others) as well as advise the supervisor of the department the complete details of the incident I was aware of.

They came in to argue their case and about half way through the BS I had the extreme pleasure of saying "You are absolutely lying, I know because I was there." The look on their face was worth almost anything.

They then mistakenly assumed I was one of the arresting officers from the incident and began to try and BS their way out of it. It was one of the better days of my life.

I really enjoyed it, justice is rare.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:37:45 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I work in the local mall, and since the hurricaines buisness has increased by ten-fold, it's nuts.

Anyway, this lady one of her friends and and about 5 kids come up the other night about 10 minutes till closing.

This was all that I needed to read to understand exactly what happened. You ran into a certain demographic that has been trained to demand something for nothing, and if they don't get it then they resort to threats of violence. The entire sub-culture that operates this way.

Now, not to say that you did anything wrong, but I have seen people (and maybe benefited from myself, I can't recall) get a replacement food item when they drop theirs. Guy walks away from the counter at McDonalds, drop's his Coke, girl behind the counter says "Oh don't worry about it, let me get you another one." Now, I'm not saying that you're obligated to do so, it is at your discretion. But it's not uncommon. After getting cussed out the way your were, I probably would have given this lady another pickle... in a very uncomfortable place (and not the back of a Volkswagen).
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:41:33 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyway, this lady one of her friends and and about 5 kids come up the other night about 10 minutes till closing.

This was all that I needed to read to understand exactly what happened. You ran into a certain demographic that has been trained to demand something for nothing, and if they don't get it then they resort to threats of violence. The entire sub-culture that operates this way.

Hit probability 98%.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
You ran into a certain demographic that has been trained to demand something for nothing, and if they don't get it then they resort to threats of violence.

Bingo, I called my bosses after it happened and they said if she came tiback the next day to just give a pickle and be done with it so she didn't cause a scene.

GOD DAMMIT they do that every fucking time. They are going to keep doing it to if you let them. Sadly when the lady came back the next day she never us a chance to offer one, she just started yelling again. And anyway we had just run out of pickles
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:42:46 AM EDT
[#23]
That's pretty mild compared to some of my horror stories.

Personally, I'd've just given her the pickle (food, not figurative) when she asked.

It's a friggin Pickle.

That said;  

The first rant, I would've ignored until she got threatening, at which
time I would tell her that I'm feeling threatened by her, and, she would have to leave or
I would call the police.

The second rant, I would've simply stepped from around the counter and looked at her like she was stupid.

(I do this all the time during strikes I work.  I get the "You're lucky you're on that side of the property line" from the pickets all the time, at which time, I can't wait to step across the line to thier side, which usually completely befuddles them.)
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:43:05 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What color what she?

Your guess is probably right, I just don't want to end up getting the thread locked..

The answer is actually her CULTURE, not her RACE.

Her race just factors into that culture and visa-versa
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:43:05 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Anyway, this lady one of her friends and and about 5 kids come up the other night about 10 minutes till closing. They order leave and come back about 5 minutes after we closed.
Apparently, one of the kid dropped the pickle they had bought and they wanted another one...for free.

Now, I have been there for 3 years and this crap happens all the time, I calmly told the woman that if I had dropped the pickle I would glady give her another one but they dropped the pickle so not miy fault no  free pickle.

"What do you mean? I've never heard of anything like that before. What about fucking customer service?"

At this point I gave up and just ignored her and went back to cleaning, it usually works with most people. She then asked the girl I was working with for my name, my bosses name, our phone #'s etc

Then she started with this..."You ain't nuthin but a punk ass n@$%a. Thats right you heard me you punk ass bitch. Why don't you meet me outside." Oh and I'm white by the way

All while holding a small child. Then the whole group started urging the girl who dropped the pickle to throw it at me

Skip ahead to the next day, she comes back while I'm explaining what happed to a fellow coworker and she starts calling me an idiot telling me that I'm lucky I'm not on the otherside of the counter.

What the hell is wrong with people? Everyone should have to work with the public before they can get a real job

I knew it was going down hill after I read that one little line.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:43:18 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I looked her in the eye and said something like this: "SHUT YOUR FUCKING PIE-HOLE AND GET BACK IN YOUR CAR...IF YOU DONT I'LL FOLLOW YOU HOME AND I'LL KILL YOU, YOU'R ENTIRE FAMILY, RAPE YOUR DOG, AND BURN YOUR HOUSE TO THE GROUND !!"

Oh, that is so awesome!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:46:12 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

You left out "SKULL-FUCK YOUR DEAD EYE SOCKETS!!!"

Otherwise, it's a 10!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:51:52 AM EDT
[#28]
As posted by Goonboss:

(I do this all the time during strikes I work. I get the "You're lucky you're on that side of the property line" from the pickets all the time,

No Goonboss, she said "pickle" not "pickets
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What color what she?

Your guess is probably right, I just don't want to end up getting the thread locked..

DING!  DING!  DING!  Exactly.

Never hate someone for their race -- hate them for their culture!  You can't pick your race, but you damn sure can control your culture.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:18:35 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
As posted by Goonboss:

(I do this all the time during strikes I work. I get the "You're lucky you're on that side of the property line" from the pickets all the time,

No Goonboss, she said "pickle" not "pickets

Most food products don't verbally antagonize me.

Tacos antagonize me the next morning or about midnight, though.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:38:14 AM EDT
[#31]
After reading this thread I've decided to go out and join the klan. Thanks for the help guys, I was sitting on the fence.  

After checking it looks like with me the local chapter will have 87 members.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:40:23 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

THEY make it indistinguishable.  You never hear of anyone playing the "culture" card.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:40:48 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Aren't "hate crimes" a felony?

Had that happened where I live, she probably would have been charged.

More than one person has been charged for using such language towards a black person.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:44:00 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

[Boondocks]You have just been part of a N*$$a Moment. [/Boondocks]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#35]
"verbally assaulted"???

You poor victim.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:52:47 AM EDT
[#36]
While I understand this lady went totally off the rocker, why wouldn't you just get another pickle for the kid?  

Its just a fucking pickle.  

Remove all her bullshit and her one point still stands, "what happened to customer service?"  

I dropped my entire tray in Mcdonald's before, and the girl behind the counter offered me replacement food for free.  All of it, Drink sandwich, fries, AND the pickle

Either you like wielding your pickle distribution power too much, or you chose not to give this one particular customer a pickle for some other reason.

Have you ever given replacement pickles out before?  If so, to who?  Why that person and not this one?

What if a hot young blonde girl dropped her pickle and asked you for a new one, would you give up your pickle to HER?

That lady should've ate at Roy Roger's they have that Fixin' bar there for you to use, free pickles for everyone..........
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:00:02 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
While I understand this lady went totally off the rocker, why wouldn't you just get another pickle for the kid?  

Its just a fucking pickle.  

Remove all her bullshit and her one point still stands, "what happened to customer service?"  

I dropped my entire tray in Mcdonald's before, and the girl behind the counter offered me replacement food for free.  All of it, Drink sandwich, fries, AND the pickle

Either you like wielding your pickle distribution power too much, or you chose not to give this one particular customer a pickle for some other reason.

Have you ever given replacement pickles out before?  If so, to who?  Why that person and not this one?

What if a hot young blonde girl dropped her pickle and asked you for a new one, would you give up your pickle to HER?

That lady should've ate at Roy Roger's they have that Fixin' bar there for you to use, free pickles for everyone..........

it all depends on company policy
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What color what she?

I have got $30 that says you are both right.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Due to the store being closed and the person was currently cleaning I see no problem with not giving them a pickle.

What are the rules to go from cleaning up to handling food?

Was any of the food already put away?

Overall, during a normal workday I agree the pickle should have just been given out.

After closing that person is asking a bit more and there should be no problem with getting a "no" answer.

However, I also know I should not take jobs like this because I most likely would not handle it as well as the original poster did.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:08:35 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
it all depends on company policy

LOL, I can see it now:

Section 113: Replcement Pickle Distribution Policy:

Pickle loss which is caused due to employee negligence must be compnesated with a replacement pickle not to exceed the diameter of the intially lost pickle.  In the event that pickle loss was due to customer negligence it is the policy of XYZ foods to not replace said pickle as this could inadvertantly affect margins and cause a potential loss for the organization due to excessive pickle repacement costs...........
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:11:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Where would you draw the line?

Can I take my car back to the dealership because I crashed it?

Can I take my TV back to Best Buy because I dropped it?

Can I take ....

When are people going to take responsibility for themselves.

Once they left the store, too freak'in bad.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#42]
I had some woman cuss me out because she was too fat to fit in the booths.

I love my boss though. She doesn't take crap from anyone. More than once I've had an abusive customer demand to speak to my manager. Then when the manager shows up, they get really apologetic.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Did you tell that all it takes is one call to the RNC and that levvy will get blown up again?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#44]
I have angry customers all the time over various things, my least favorite is alcohol sale denial. At my job, if you don't have a picture ID with birthdate that is valid, we do not sell the alcohol. Even if you're 60. This makes my job fun when some poor joe comes through after a long day of work with a 6-pack, and gets refused. I feel for the guy, but its one of those situations where you can't go against company policy.

ugh...the service industry.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:29:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Did she own a Jeep?  And do you have a knife if you need any other ideas of what to do in those scenarios I am sure MrClean4Hire can assist you
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:31:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Have you completely missed your opportunity to provide her with a pickle?

A stink pickle
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:32:07 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I looked her in the eye and said something like this: "SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH AND GET BACK IN YOUR CAR...IF YOU DONT I'LL FOLLOW YOU HOME AND I'LL KILL YOU, YOU'R ENTIRE FAMILY, RAPE YOUR DOG, AND BURN YOUR HOUSE TO THE GROUND !!"

My wife told it like this:

"I was at the mall and some insaniac started shouting at me. I almost drew down on him, but figured the paperwork wasn't worth it."  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#49]
You didn't draw down ?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#50]
I would have tossed her a stink pickle....................
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top