Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 8:19:08 AM EDT
Title pretty much says it all; what should I send to a soldier in Iraq?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:21:18 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Have a good friend that just got back earlier this year, and the one thing that he was always requesting was KoolAid mix ... since they have to drink so much water (and the water tastes like ass) it makes it more palatable. All flavors.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:25:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Baby wipes
AA batteries
books
dehydrated soup/drink mixes
tiny LED flashlight (keychain kind, not a Surefire)
Slim Jims
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Something they actually want, can use and isn't illegal.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:29:16 AM EDT
[#4]
1 or 2 packages of baby wipes
candy (jolly ranchers or the like)
beef jerky
magazines
possibly batteries
toilet paper
toothpaste/mouthwash
deoderant
homemade baked goods if you like/they like

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:45:42 AM EDT
[#5]
btt
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#6]
The PXs are well stocked for the necessities. DVDs, computer games, books are all welcome. Cookies/choccies handy. Sweets for kids.

That said, I was able to internet mail order stuff over there too, so there was never anything I -really- lacked.

NTM
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:40:24 AM EDT
[#7]
My girlfriends brother just got his first deployment and was sent to Iraq.  Since he's never been deployed and he is going to be there for awhile what are some things a new soldier could use.  I'm thinking of little things that he might not have even thought about until he was over there.  What type of weather do they have coming up in that part of the world?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:43:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Maybe some good shooting eyewear.  

www.technical-gear.com/sports/shooting_sunglasses.htm
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:00:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
My girlfriends brother just got his first deployment and was sent to Iraq.  Since he's never been deployed and he is going to be there for awhile what are some things a new soldier could use.  I'm thinking of little things that he might not have even thought about until he was over there.  What type of weather do they have coming up in that part of the world?

Swire, just about everything I said is pretty spot on.

It's just like America, as far as seasons go.  We're coming into the Winter season and/or the rainy season.
Gets about 70-75* during the day and 50's at night right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top