Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 6:37:06 AM EDT
We've all heard the 'protect and defend the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic', right? So what constitutes a 'Domestic Enemy'

I'm truly curious about this. Here's why. Yesterday, 12/19/05 Rush Limbaugh discussed how Abe Lincoln deported rabble-rousers and jailed certain members of congress. He also suspended the writ of habeus corpus which is a very big deal. Those are very bold and dramtic moves that were enacted by the president to preserve and protect the union.

So, is a 'domestic' enemy a person who actively who seeks to undermine and destabilize the union? Does that apply today? Do we not have domestic enemies?

What say you?

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:40:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Although his point was to validate current-day policies, the facts he brought up made me respect Lincoln as one of our greatest presidents even less.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:40:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Here are a few of examples of Domestic Enemies:

Hilary Clinton
Diane Fienstien
Barbra Boxer
John Kerry
Chuckie Schumer
Teddy Kennedy

Need anymore?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:50:32 AM EDT
[#3]
A "Domestic Enemy" is broad term, but one type would be a civil servant who swears to defend the Constitution, and the proceeds to piss on it.  Lincoln should have been hanged under the context of being a domestic enemy.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:52:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A "Domestic Enemy" is broad term, but one type would be a civil servant who swears to defend the Constitution, and the proceeds to piss on it.  Lincoln should have been hanged under the context of being a domestic enemy.

And that would be because the U.S. Constitution is a suicide pact?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:59:17 AM EDT
[#5]

So, is a 'domestic' enemy a person who actively who seeks to undermine and destabilize the union? Does that apply today? Do we not have domestic enemies?

It's what ever definition the current government want's to call it. Because THEY are the ones in power over everyone else.

People in power, "domestic enemy = anyone that doesn't go along with what they want to do with our society or anyone that is able to take away, even a little bit, of their power or doesn't recognize their authority" Ie: Randy Weaver was a domestic enemy because he was a sepratist. Vietnam protestors pissed off Nixon so he had them tailed and bugged to see if there was anyway to harass them or put them in jail. Bush has done the same thing with the Iraq war protestors.

People in society, "domestic enemy = anyone that will take away their football games and beer" Ie. Muslim terrorists

Real Patriots, "domestic enemy = anyone that is willing to make subjects of the citizenry or place ANY type of tranny against, even one, in the population" Ie. Most politicians

If I talk anymore, I'll probably end up on a list. Oh wait, I like to shoot. Nevermind.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:00:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Hilary Clinton
Diane Fienstien
Barbra Boxer
John Kerry
Chuckie Schumer
Teddy Kennedy

Need anymore?

Don't forget Michael Moore.  He made about $30 million more on the current Iraq War than Haliburton!  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:05:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Hilary Clinton
Diane Fienstien
Barbra Boxer
John Kerry
Chuckie Schumer
Teddy Kennedy

Need anymore?

And always remember YOU (and me) are on THEIR list! The difference is that THEY are much closer to unbridled E.O. power and direct control of the ATF, FBI, USMS, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top