BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 6:30:33 AM EDT
This is REALLY scary!  

WATCH THE VIDEO FIRST!!!

Here you go...
Texas Shootout!

What I want to know is...did that LEO survive?

Any details???  Happened down in Schertz, TX.  Must be near Dallas...I heard them talking about notifying Plano.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:32:59 AM EDT
[#1]
WOW......

Schertz is near San Antonio, it is like a couple miles from Randolph Air Force base.........
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:33:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to 6 months ago...  

Notice the pics and video show two different police cars...

Look for the pusher bar up front
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:33:33 AM EDT
[#3]
IIRC he was not hit and obviously did survive.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:34:33 AM EDT
[#4]
ah, the "goshdamn!" tailgunner video. There are some threads on that floating around here somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:34:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:36:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Welcome to 6 months ago...  

more then that.  i think it's been at least a year...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:36:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Pics and video are two different cars...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:37:29 AM EDT
[#8]
What's the story.  It looked like he was chasing one SUV and another shoot at him with.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:37:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Arethose from the same incidnet?

THe winshield damage in the video looks difernet than on that car.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:37:49 AM EDT
[#10]
It happened in Plano. You can see George Bush Parkway (190) in the background.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:39:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Richardson Tx, bank robery. These assholes SUV finally crapped out and they carjacked about IIRC 3 other cars. They found the last known vehicle just 4 miles from my house in Wylie.

This is the reason my wife is getting her CHL!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:39:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:39:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What's the story.  It looked like he was chasing one SUV and another shoot at him with.  

Not sure.  I rec'd it from a friend.  Did an ARFCOM search prior to posting.  Nothing noted.  Missed it last time.  Apparently, the BGs shot up several cop cars from different jurisdictions.

Amazing that LEO survived.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:41:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:42:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I think the video and the pictures are from different incidents........

The incident near schertz happened during a routine traffic stop, the video from above is Plano PD.

edit......beat me....blast it!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:45:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it happened in Schertz, TX (which is in between Austin and San Antonio)

The pictures of the cruiser, anyway.

Yes! Vid is RIchardson PD cruiser. I'm pretty sure the pics are of Shertz PD.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:50:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Was the LEO in the shot-up car OK?  Those trajectories looked ominous.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:52:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:03:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Ok what kinda nut has a bunker in his back yard with ballistics and chem gear and is loaded to the teeth yet can't shoot shit outa a toilet?  I in no way mean to promote the BG but he had the officer out gunned.  You would think between building your bunker and bullet proofing your house you would take some time to visit the range?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:05:52 AM EDT
[#20]
tag
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:13:34 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Ok what kinda nut has a bunker in his back yard with ballistics and chem gear and is loaded to the teeth yet can't shoot shit outa a toilet?  

Anout half of this board  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:14:25 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it happened in Schertz, TX (which is in between Austin and San Antonio)

The pictures of the cruiser, anyway.

No, the VIDEO happened in plano.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:20:11 AM EDT
[#23]
WOW, looks like it took hits from a giant radioactive porcupine afterwords...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:27:44 AM EDT
[#24]
video happened in th DFW area... there is a longer vid that shows the chase ,, the shoot out,,, then another shoot out after the try to get a new car after the sub. dies.

the pic happened as the link says..

these are not the same incedent .,
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:49:32 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
www.thegunzone.com/mos/schertz.html

From the link:
Retreating to the cover of his patrol vehicle...

Perhaps after reviewing the photos, he will realize that an unarmored patrol vehicle IS NOT COVER.  It may provide some concealment, but it cannot be relied upon to stop rifle rounds.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#26]
The event happened in Plano.  The officer did live.  The chase happened elsewhere in south TX and ran through Plano.  If I remember correctley there were two suvs.  That event brought about a new regulation that should have been put into effect years ago.  Now, if an officer wants to carry and "m-4 style" carbine, he can purchase his own, go to a qaul course and carry it.
Good job, only about a decade late.

(family work there)

And its better to hide behind anything than to sit in the open...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:15:22 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ok what kinda nut has a bunker in his back yard with ballistics and chem gear and is loaded to the teeth yet can't shoot shit outa a toilet?  

Anout half of this board  

Paging Taxman, come in Taxman. We need the Ammo Fort (Tm), over.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:06:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Video:

Bank robbery in Richardson.  An off duty Richardson officer is following them suspects, and doesnt even know it.  They open up the back doors of their suburban and shoot up his car.  He calls in for help, then you et the video.

Local LEOs tried to make the claim that auotmatic weapons were fired, but when you have 3 semi-auto AKs, it would sure seem that way.

As far as I know, all suspects in this incident were apprehended.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:08:21 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Pics and video are two different cars...

LoL, either way, it's a bad day at the office...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:10:00 AM EDT
[#30]
tag
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:41:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone have the entire story?  i.e. news article?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:26:51 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Perhaps after reviewing the photos, he will realize that an unarmored patrol vehicle IS NOT COVER.  It may provide some concealment, but it cannot be relied upon to stop rifle rounds.

A little cover beats no cover at all  
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#34]
What weapon was used in both the video and the pics? Shotgun?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Listen to the audio...chase started in Plano.  Shooting was in Richardson.

I would have had to change underwear after that.

ETA:  A little Google research reveals two different incidents.

The still photos are from Schertz:

www.thegunzone.com/mos/schertz.html

And the movie is from Plano/Richardson:

www.nbc5i.com/news/3889726/detail.html
www.911jobforums.com/vB/printthread.php3?t=36677&pp=40
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Looks like one of them has been caught, dug this out of Google's cache:

Takeover Bandits suspect indicted

Police say DNA evidence links man to getaway vehicle

11:49 PM CST on Wednesday, December 1, 2004

By MATT STILES / The Dallas Morning News

A man Richardson police say is linked by DNA evidence to a brazen bank robbery and violent getaway last month faces new charges after a federal grand jury in Dallas indicted him Wednesday.

Federal prosecutors allege that Guadalupe Fajardo, 31, was one of three men who, armed with assault-style rifles, robbed a Richardson bank of $11,000 on Nov. 4.

Guadalupe Fajardo, 31, turned himself in to police. The three – suspected members of an elusive and prolific gang known as the Takeover Bandits – got away by carjacking vehicles and spraying automatic gunfire at police across Dallas and Collin counties.

Police and the FBI are still looking for two of the robbers.

Mr. Fajardo was taken into custody in West Texas two days after the heist on state charges of attempted capital murder and aggravated robbery.

In Dallas, Mr. Fajardo faces single federal counts of bank robbery and brandishing a gun during a violent crime.

It's also likely that additional federal charges for the carjackings, which happened in a different U.S. attorney's district, could be made public soon.

Given the various jurisdictions, both state and federal authorities in Dallas and Collin counties would then have to sort out when and where Mr. Fajardo would go to trial.

"We'll sit down and talk and see who goes first," said Richardson police Detective Jonathan Wakefield.

He testified Wednesday that investigators found bodily fluid with DNA matching Mr. Fajardo's on an airbag in a carjacked pickup the robbers wrecked in Plano during the getaway.

Federal prosecutors declined to comment.

Assistant Dallas County District Attorney Pat Kirlin said he would meet with them soon to decide how to proceed.

Detective Wakefield's testimony, which came at a pretrial hearing in Dallas, offered a glimpse of what investigators believe is a strong case.

Dressed in an orange jumpsuit and restrained by irons and a shock belt, Mr. Fajardo whispered to his attorney but didn't address the court during the short hearing. Afterward, a judge ruled that there was probable cause to bind the case over to a state grand jury.

Detective Wakefield, who has helped an FBI task force with the case, said two witnesses identified Mr. Fajardo as being involved in the melee after the Greenville Avenue robbery.

After two minutes in the bank, the masked and gloved men drove north on U.S. Highway 75. The robbers then shot at an off-duty Richardson police officer who, unaware of the robbery, followed behind.

The robbers' sport utility vehicle then continued north into Plano, and they shot at a second officer on Plano Parkway. The men carjacked a white Chevrolet pickup at Summit and Stewart avenues, moments later crashing into another vehicle.

It was then, authorities say, that Mr. Fajardo, a passenger who at some point shed his mask, made contact with the airbag.

Witnesses say they then saw him as the robbers tried to get another getaway car, Detective Wakefield said.

Police released photos of Mr. Fajardo and another man that night.

Two days later, Mr. Fajardo was arrested at a West Texas police station, where he walked in voluntarily after his girlfriend's relatives saw news reports of the incident.

Detective Wakefield testified that he noticed that Mr. Fajardo had cuts and bruises when he interviewed him in West Texas.

Mr. Fajardo first asked for a lawyer but later said that he "did the right thing" for his loved ones by turning himself in and that he was prepared to "face his medicine," Detective Wakefield testified.

Mr. Fajardo's court-appointed attorney, Paul Johnson of Dallas, asked Detective Wakefield why some of the witnesses in Plano couldn't single out his client.

"It just seems to me altogether strange that people that supposedly came into close proximity couldn't identify him" while others who were farther away could, Mr. Johnson said after the hearing, his first chance to hear about the evidence.

Meanwhile, the search continues for two other men who the FBI believes played a role in dozens of armed bank and business robberies in the Dallas area in recent years.

"We're getting close," Detective Wakefield said. He declined to elaborate.

E-mail [email protected]

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Even though it has been several months since I've seen the video I'm impressed by it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top